• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your most rage inducing moment

Elements1

Meh
Years
  • I just started playing Pokemon Fire red again, and had what I might say is the biggest Poke-disappointment of my career... I ran into a shiny Pidgey before getting any Pokeballs. It was literally my first wild Pokemon encounter and I have NO WAY to catch it... ASDFSK

So what has happened to you in your Pokemon career that has made you almost (or literally) rage quit?

Had this problem as well :( Very first time playing Pokemon, I stated with Firered and there was a shiny Pidgey on Route 1 and I had no Pokeballs.

Burakki Tsuki

Now playing Pokemon again! :D
    Years
  • I rarely get mad with Pokemon games but when I forget to buy medicine early in the game and my team is all paralyzed, asleep or confused and almost dies I'm a hair away from going rage mode.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Apr 19, 2014
    Shiny Pokemon Dreams Crushed :( Brother turns of GBA SP while live Shiny appears!

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKATuyKVVl4[/ame]

Yay!! 30,000+ Random Encounters later and after 21+ hours of game play I finally get a shiny Geodude and I can start my mono-type rock run in gen 3. and transfer it up eventually to X and Y...

Nope... My brother turns off my game! Why?! Because he thought "it'd be funny since you were recording it"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I wonder if I should try again?

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    I read that as "Burns GBA SP"

Years
  • That time I encountered a shining Zubat when I had no pokéballs. I actually like Zubat despite how annoyingly common they are, and though I prefer its normal colouring, it still would have been cool to have a shining one.

MadKing

The only verdict is Vengeance.
    Years
  • When I lost my beloved Flunk the Furret to a freaking Crit-Blizzard from Manoswine in my StormSilver Nuzlocke. It was my first encounter in the game after I got the pkballs. Oh the feels :/

Years
  • Let's see:

1. Getting my butt beat by those Veterans in the facilities who use legendaries. I was at Battle 48 in Doubles in the Battle Maison and failed to one of them.

2. In my Platinum Wedlocke, losing my Golem, along with its partner, a Machamp, which were two of my original six, against Cyrus' Honchkrow, because I missed with SIX attacks in a row - three Stone Edges and three Rock Climbs. Thankfully my Gengar crushed him with Choice Specs Thunderbolt, and it did give me a chance to use a pairing that came in handy against the Elite Four, but still.

Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2014
    Most of my suffering comes from critical hits and how they seem to happen 300x more often when I'm doing a Nuzlocke run.

Years
  • I think my would have been my first time playing FR and I got to Misty and I have charmander and she keep super potion her starmie. GRRRR

lol

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • A few years ago I was replaying Crystal and I found a shiny shellder but my PC box was full so I couldn't catch it and had to kill it. I was mad only because it was the second shiny I had ever found myself since the shiny one in Poochyena, and it still makes me mad because it's been YEARS since those 2 events happened and I've never seen another random encounter shiny. ;~;

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Back in the old old days of Red/Blue, the move Wrap was absolutely annoying. There wouldn't be a break in between rounds of Wrap. All you could do was watch in horror as your Pokemon's health was drained away, your Pokemon unable to defend itself and your opponent constantly using Wrap. I nearly threw my GameBoy across the room when playing through Erika's Gym and those Wrap-using trainers.

Last time I got angry was when I was playing a game on Black, and those Watchog owned by Team Plasma had major luck. Constant flinching from Bite, Hypnosis hitting every time, Confuse Ray hitting every time, and none of my Pokemon were able to recover.

MurkMire

[font=special elite][color=#FF3399]Toxic Terror[/c
    Years
  • Well... back in junior high, when I had the original, purple GBA, I ended up smashing it. I had a rough day (don't exactly remember what happened), and I tried to play Pokemon to calm down.

I'm pretty sure it was Gen. III, I had a Lapras surfing, it was on low health, and a Tentacool poisoned it. My fuse simply blew, and I smashed the GBA to kingdom come. Totally had anger issues growing up.

TheFattestSnorlax

New year, new possibilities
    Years
  • The only moment I have ever raged was when I was playing Black for the first time and Bianca suddenly shoves me into the Musical Hall. I had five wasted minutes of dressing them up and showing them off. Not cool, mate!

Years
  • I got "AI Haxed" in the 48th game in Battle Tower in Platinum.

"Rhydon activated its Quick Claw!"
    "Rhydon used Fissure!"
    "It's a One-Hit KO!"
    "Rhydon activated its Quick Claw!"
    "Rhydon used Fissure!"
    "It's a One-Hit KO!"

Completely neutered my strategy. Needless to say I lost.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKATuyKVVl4

Yay!! 30,000+ Random Encounters later and after 21+ hours of game play I finally get a shiny Geodude and I can start my mono-type rock run in gen 3. and transfer it up eventually to X and Y...

Nope... My brother turns off my game! Why?! Because he thought "it'd be funny since you were recording it"

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I wonder if I should try again?

I flinched when I saw this

Ephraim225

Freaky Frillish Guy
    Years
  • This was in a ROM hack, but I once encountered a shiny...

...after I had already run out of PokeBalls completely.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • I think one of the most frustrating moments I have ever had was trying to catch the level 1 Regigigas in Platinum. I foolishly thought it would be easy since it was level 1 BUT NO it took me for friggin ever to finally catch that thing! Another good moment was when I earned 2 badges in W2 and forgot to save which has actually happened to me a couple of times and it always pisses me off so bad when I do.

Back