• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your most rage inducing moment

Years
  • Nothing out of the ordinary, but recently when I was chaining a shiny Zoroark I had reached only 10 and got a shiny patch of grass ! I didn't notice the barely shaking patch next to it though and walked right into it. I swear my friend jumped off of the couch from my scream of rage... I've never had luck with chaining since T_T

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
    Years
  • It's tough to get me to rage at games nowadays, but I do remember doing so in the past. As with many others, battle facility hax did it. But a more memorable time (and fairly recent, being maybe three or four years ago) was during a HeartGold Nuzlocke. I lost half my party (including my starter) against Clair's kingdra, thanks to crit hax and Sniper. Later, I lost a trusty pokémon to a seadra in Mt. Mortar, which I suspect had Sniper as well. Hahaha, I was so mad that night!

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Don't hate me for emulating, but I had a SoulSilver ROM (my DS was, and still is, broken). I started with a Totodile that was shiny, and it was a mint game. No other starters were shiny, I haven't inputted any codes, it was just luck. Just got this new ROM and I managed to get a shiny Totodile. I was just like..."Yeeeees~!". I had to clean out my PC's desktop, though. Too cluttered for me :s.

....come the next morning, and one cleared recycling bin later, I lost my save file. ;~; NOMNOMS NO ;-;

On another side of the universe, back when my DS was fully operational, I continued to get swept by Lucian's damn Alakazam in Platinum. Couldn't get around it, it was simply too fast and too strong for me. Every time, the other Elite Four members didn't give me trouble, but when it came to that literature-reading Lucian >_< I just got rekt. Every. Single. Time. Oh, that brings me onto more Generation 4 misfortune. I ran away from a shiny Medicham because I thought my DS was being weird...I was new to the series, and every time I think about it, my face cringes more and more. How could I be so st00pid? :<

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2014
    Definitely fighting your dad in ruby. One of the most infuriating fights, even if you had a ghost or fighting type.

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • Definitely a few months back in X. I had captured a shiny Poliwhirl (my first shiny EVER other then the red Gyardos in HG and the event shiny Giritina back when X/Y came out) and forgot to save the game. Later, I turned off my 3DS thinking I had saved.

The next day, I opened up Pokemon X and searched the PC for my Poliwhirl... which wasn't there.

Absolute rage.

Cilicica

Ghost Type Lover ~~
    Years
  • Battling on wi-fi with my awesome water party and some pokemon on their team has the ability drought. = = It's an immediate loss for me. And since everybody has a Charizard Y... Oh god. ;__;
    My sister's dream shiny is a vulpix so I let her chain on my Platinum game. She finally found one and was so excited but it used roar. She saw her dream right in front of her eyes but it disappeared in a blink of an eye. Still makes me laugh even to this day. :P

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
    Years
    • Age 31
    • he/him
    • Texas
    • Seen Mar 9, 2023
    In the early days of Gen 3, the RNG was very unkind to me. I tried in several different sittings over the course of a few days to catch Kyogre without the Master Ball I left behind, and it just wasn't happening. I'd get it down into the red to the point where you could barely see how much HP it had left, put it to sleep, paralyzed it, nothing worked. Finally on the 5th or so attempt after he struggled and killed himself, I chunked my GBA at my wood floors as hard as I could. Needless to say, that thing was beyond repair. I still never caught Kyogre.

Waterlemon

Treat Or Else...
    Years
  • I found a shiny Basculin (forgive me) in Black, and it was the only shiny I've encountered (I've yet to run into another).

Wild Basculin used Final Gambit!

FML.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Whitney, Claire, Norman, Tate&Liza and that battle with May on the Cycling Road route. Those battles were annoying and kept me raging for hours.

Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    Wonder trading the wrong pokémon by mistake. Not only was it the wrong one but it was also holding an everstone which you can only get one of. Now I have no hope of breeding a competitive team.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
  • I got all the way to battle 49 for the third time in the Battle Tower in Sapphire only for my team to get destroyed by a Lapras using Sheer Cold. I had raised my Sceptile, Camerupt and Walrein with no cheats just to beat the battle tower in the level 50 division. I got so mad that I grabbed my Action Replay and slaughtered the level 50 division with my level 100 team members. I don't regret it. The way I see it, if they can cheat me out of a victory using one hit KO moves during battle 49 all three of the times I got up there, I get to cheat using level 100s on the fourth try.

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    When Juan's Kingdra kept using Smokescreen... that was the most annoying moment out of anything! Not even Whitney's Miltank annoyed me that much... you could barely hit it + it had resistance to at least all types... I did eventually make it faint... but what, after 400 hours? ;o;

Back