• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your most special Pokemon

Years
  • I couldn't find a thread about this and I thought it would be cool to ask you guys: Who is your most special Pokemon of all time? I think each of us has a person that for one reason or another, is more special to us than most other Pokemon. This could be because of the Pokemon games, having a plush of it, loving it in the show, or because of any other reason that you may have.

As I just recently got back into Pokemon with Sun and Moon, and was not as attached to Pokemon when I played Ruby, Fire Red, and Diamond some 10 years ago, I did not until recently get a Pokemon I consider to be my most special. After figuring out shiny hunting wasn't for me, I decided to start breeding Pokemon, mainly Pokemon I could use in a play through of Ultra Moon that I couldn't otherwise get (Chimchar, Tyrunt, etc.). I decided to trade for Larvitar and after receiving one, noticed that it had 5 perfect IVs and a near perfect 6th. I have never battled competitively, and don't plan to, but the fact that it was so close to perfect got me thinking that I could try breeding my own perfect IV Larvitar.

I had a 4IV Ditto and decided to start with just 4 eggs and see how things went. On the fourth egg, a Larvitar with all 6 perfect IVs hatched. Not only is the fact that it has 6 perfect IVs make it the most special Pokemon for me, but also because I bread it myself. I will surely be bringing Larvitar along with me through Alola when Ultra Sun/Moon come out.

Who is your most special Pokemon and why? I'd love to hear all the unique and unexpected results from you guys. Have a great day!

Years
  • Tyranitar was in a group of about 3 Pokemon (along with Decidueye and Lucario), that I considered to be my favourites. I just think getting such a special Larvitar makes it even more of a special Pokemon to me.

Last edited:

Xena_

Warrior Princess
    Years
  • Alright this is cliché, but my most special Pokémon is Charizard. It was my first Pokémon ever in Blue and I got very emotionally attached. "Flame Tail" was his totally original name. He was the only Pokemon that I got to lvl 100 in that game, I kept switching the others around and only training them to level 70 or 80. I drew pictures of that Charizard and everything. Whenever I get a new Charmander in any game I always call it "Flame Tail" in honour of the original one, who unfortunately perished after playing with glitches too much. :(

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    I've been playing Pokemon for almost 20 years now. Have played one save file in one game that has a Pokemon at lvl 100, trained all on my own.

That Pokemon is Jolteon. Still the only one to this day I trained all the way to 100. =)

Reason for that though is I usually play through the games until post-game stuff is done, then start over.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    If I still had my original Silver team, they'd be most important to me. But most of the time my most prized Pokémon are the ones I've had on my team during my first run of the game, and more specifically my starters (Blastoise, Empoleon) and legendaries (Zapdos, Articuno Dialga). That Zapdos btw is the one that made it my favourite Pokémon, so it's definitely one of my most prized Pokémon. Other than that I have my shiny Tailow and Raticate I recently caught, and some others that aren't coming to mind right now. For me, prized Pokémon are the ones I have lots of memories with.

Years
  • Either my shiny Zorua or Level 100 shiny Absol, both are really special to me for different reasons and always get transferred to the newest title.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    Well, it would probably have been the Pixilate Sylveon I bred and raised that became my ace and signature Pokemon for a long time. One of my favorites, and definitely the one I've used most in battles against friends - he never let me down!

But, sadly, I lost access to all my old Pokemon and my Bank account last night, probably permanently - so now I need to find something new. I wonder what my new #1 will be!

KNS27

I got... Lonely Doggo?
    Years
  • Cubone - I never keep a cubone in my team, but they personality really fits me.Being Lonely Pokemon.

Gallade - If a Pokemon game who have a dawn stone and Ralts.I'll 100% evolve it to Gallade and keep it in my permanent team.Great move pool, Great stats, Simple-but cool design, Again, his Mega evolve really cool.

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • I bred a Tentacool, Jellie, waaay back in Ruby Version. I have since been trading it(now a Tentacruel of course) forward to every new generation since, and I still use it in online battles. It's not the only Pokémon I have in Sun that originally came from the Advance generation, but it is the only one I bred and trained myself. And that's why it's special to me. ^_^

-Nonsense-

Luck = 0
    Years
  • Well, it would probably have been the Pixilate Sylveon I bred and raised that became my ace and signature Pokemon for a long time. One of my favorites, and definitely the one I've used most in battles against friends - he never let me down!

But, sadly, I lost access to all my old Pokemon and my Bank account last night, probably permanently - so now I need to find something new. I wonder what my new #1 will be!

Not to insult the old Sylveon but couldn't you train up a new one and still be number 1?

Years
  • I have a legit shiny Azumarill in my Moon (unless it's still in my AS). I love it not only because it's a legitimate shiny that I caught, but also because it happens to be one of my favorite shinies too. It shines a gorgeous gold-yellow hue, and I caught it while it was just a little green Marill. :D

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Ah, probably my lv 100 meganium and lv 77 lugia from my original SS playthrough. Good memories.

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 3, 2018
    Empoleon. Platinum was my totally first game, and I picked Piplup. It's a cool pokemon, and I kept using it. So my first starter would be my special pokemon. :)

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • My Shiny Dunsparce (Noko) for sure, although I'm still a little baffled at myself for choosing him over any of my full-odds Shinies (especially Wartortle, my favorite Pok?mon design-wise).

I was playing Pearl Version on Christmas some years ago and randomly got the urge to check what Pok?mon were swarming. Dunsparce. I hadn't used Dunsparce in years, but I remembered as a kid catching and raising the maggot-like creature in Silver Version (my first Pok?mon game) in a vain attempt to evolve it into Gligar. I even pretended to be a Pok?mon professor (much like the professor from the anime that studied the relationships between Slowpoke and Shellder), drawing diagrams comparing the similarities between the two Pok?mon. Although I eventually discovered that the two Pok?mon were unrelated, I got attached to Dunsparce during that whole process. I'd never had any success with chaining before, nor did I know the tricks I know today, but I suddenly wanted a Shiny Dunsparce so bad!

I didn't bring along any repels, but I still managed to successfully chain a Shiny Dunsparce that day. However, I held-off on raising him until HGSS that would be released soon. I replaced my starter with him as soon as possible and Noko trailed along behind me through my new Johto adventure.

As if that wasn't enough to get attached to this pink-bellied squishy, he also (completely by chance) had the ideal Adamant/Serene Grace combo that paired great with Headbutt (which I was only able to teach him via Move Tutor thanks to being acquired prior to Gen. V). Although Dunsparce certainly isn't one of the most competitively-viable Pok?mon, I'd definitely go as far as to say that my Noko is in the top percentage of Dunsparce!

I cloned him so that I could carry him over to the newest titles (where he is now Hyper-Trained) while still being able to have him follow me whenever going back to HeartGold (which I do quite often).

Last edited:
    Back