• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Your name/Rival's name

VanirElf

Dragon Trainer
    Years
    dang i'm jealous.
    my copies of diamond and pearl haven't arrived yet.
    one or two days to go...hehe

um...I dunno how many people you get to name but if it's just 2 then i'ma name

my girl character Hotaru or Sakura

and my guy character um...Hironobu or um...Seto
    I dunno, what're some good Japanese names?

ascarb

Kari Lotus, Begining Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2007
    My Name~Hikari or Kari
    My Rival's Name~Trin
    Male Character's Name~Nathaniel
    What do ya think?

Years
    I'll probably name myself the real name of the character. And my rival's name maybe Chad. he looks like a Chad to me... o.o

EDIT: I'll name my rival his defult name too.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    her english name willl be kari
    because the translation of kari here is hikari in japan

...Hikari in japanese means "light" in english. Unless you want a rival named "light", you need to pick a different one.

I'll just use the defaults for the rival(s), and my own name for myself.

J

good morning
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    I named myself "Pearl" in Japanese 'cause I got Pearl. :D
    And the other guy "Diamond".
    I used the default name for the rival. o_O

Years
    • Age 31
    • AU
    • Seen Feb 18, 2023
    My name would be Madii or Maddy or Madelyn... stupid letters, cant put Madelaine...
    My rival would either be my brother, Sam or Luke, or my best friend Aidan

Heh, i remeber my next door neighbour naming his rival Shut up in Yellow, so Prof Oak would say Shut up! Be patient! or something like that or Shut up wants to battle you

heh make me laugh every time

.Bastion

O a t h k e e p e r
    Years
    I've taken a recent liking to the name Jaden so I'll name my character Jaden while the rival will be Roxas just because...xD

I'll probably keep the girl as Hikari because that name fits her really well IMO.

Xylitol

*Insert pun here*
    Years
    I think I'll just put my own name in there, unless I choose the girl or you need the name in wi-fi. Don't know about the rival, maybe my friend's name.

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2012
    I use a slight alteration of the default names from G/S/C whenever I enter the names. I'm always Hyro, and the rival is always Kaymon.

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
    I always call myself Nicola (no surprises there :P) even when you could only play as a boy. In the Zelda games I call Link Nicola as well XD It's always funny when people call you "Mr Nicola"!

For the rival, I have used all sorts of different names but they are usually pretty plain, things like David or Robert.

--FG

~Misty~

*~The Tomboyish Mermaid~*
    Years
    I'm picking the girl and she'll be named, since I can't put Sakura even though I really want to (only 5 letter spaces), maybe Kira or something.

and the Rival... I'm not sure... maybe GARY! :laugh:

Last edited:
    Back