• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Operating System of choice?

eX.A.K.R.

Slow Periods.
    Years
    Imakuni? said:
    *sigh* longhorn. its sooo evil, I cant stand it. its more buggy than ME. When I was installing it, I had to re-install it 8 times to get it to work right. Norton Crashes it, I think I am going back to XP.
    That's because it's not even a beta operating system yet. I'm sure the final product will be better.

Aaron5367 said:
    I was raised on windows 95-XP (yes, started using computers when I was about 4 or 5) so anything else would be way to abstract for me. I have tried a friend's Linux, I'd admit it's a nice operating system but it's just strange for me.. Same with Mac, its a little better though ^_^. I am to used to windows to go to anything else.
    I also started at Windows 95, but I never used everything in between that and Windows XP because I was struck with my ancient Windows 95 computer for almost (if not) 6 years!

Wario Man

Fear me, losers!
    Years
    I'm a Windows man. It's been the only thing i've used for my entire life, so I guess I've becomed accustomed to it. It's like the IE vs. Firefox crap. I had a dude on Gamefaqs trying to convince me to use Firefox, but IE's the only thing I've used my entire life, and I plan on sticking with it. Same with Windows. It may not be the most secure thing on the planet, but it gets the job done.

AnzRayquazaX

ooh..is me a banana?
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2005
    I'm much more used to Windows. It's easier for me. :D They had Macs at my school and they're was ok. Never tried Linux though.

Kipkip

Join the Revolution
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 24, 2007
    Mario The World Champion said:
    Well... since my computer is now a dinosaur (it being 5 years old ><), all I'm stuck with is the pitifully useless, buggy and poor excuse for a Windows OS...

WINDOWS ME!!!

It got infected with a viurs so easily! >< **** IT!
    Use a Linux distro. Linux has been known to run on old computers and would run just as well as newer ones.

xantor

...:::...
    Years
    Like many others I use windows XP. I've only just got them able to use it so they don't call out for me, "Honey what's that, why's this happening." Frustratibng. I feel sorry for the people teaching my dad. I've always used Windows all my life, having a 95 for ages then making a nice clean swap to XP. I've only ever used a Mac at my school, and I found it confusing. I'll probably never have a different os to windows. I don't really have any chance to try any different ones.

Years
    Oh yeh, ME is full of bugs, lol I even dlded a SP for it but with that installed I ended up with thousands of mins estimated time when copyin' files. >_<
    XP ain't much good for long runs either, even though it's more stable -- System Restore is buggy an' usually screws up alot of stuff an' when my comp stays on for 'bout 4 days at a time it starts actin' wierd(logged in with inexistent user account, 5 explorers runnin', freezes etc.).
    Bah! Were it not so much work ta start over I'd rather have a Linux system, lol, I saw servers with 1 year 1/2 uptime runnin' on 'em, they're very stable. ^_^

Chaos

I use OS X as my main "work" OS. As in, it's on the computer (laptop) that I use for the majority of the work I do.

That said, I run Linux on a small server (IRC/web/etc.), and on a devel machine (Debian on the server, Ubuntu on the dev box). And I've been meaning to install Open/Net/Free BSD on the laptop too, for compilation tests of various programs - check compatibility cross-platform.

Windows... The only reason I'm within 100 metres of Windows is that the rest of my family uses it. >.< I've tried to convert them to Linux, but they just won't....

Da Schwarz

Yall Want a Single?
    Years
    hmm... im used to using windows and having a billion pop-ups because of my brothers, but i would much prefer linux cause i heard it dont crash as much

Ninja

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2005
    Windows XP person here. It's easy to use and I just hate macs. That's my reasoning. No laziness here. I won't get into the specifics but i'll just say that I grew up with Microsoft.

Esai

&#9829;&#9829;&#9829; With Bubbleicious &#9829;&#9
    Years
    I like Windows XP because it looks nice XD but when I get to run my webserver Im going to use Linux because its more stable for long times which you need for the net

Yameneko549

Eat hammer!
    Years
    I use Windows XP for four main reasons:

1. I play plenty of games on my PC.
    2. It's required by my school.
    3. I've used windows since windows 3.11 for workgroups, and I really trust it.
    4. It's what I'm most comfortable with.

Maybe one day I'll switch to Linux, but not now. Not when I like what I've got.

Back