• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your opinion about cloning

Houndoom88

Pokemon Ranger
Years
  • ok it's just a game and if you clone it's up to you.
    it depends on how you play the game
    in my opinion, you mustn't clone but i see that most peoplr prefer cloning...

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Thank you for understanding. Remember, it's just a game. No harm done

-─AdvancedK9─

Shadow-Lucario

People Just Get In The Way
    Years
  • why is it people take games way to seriously now a days.........loads of examples but i dont want to remember them they either really stupied or just plain crazy.

back in the day (wow i feel old just saying that) but i used to clone just to get the pokemon from 1 version onto another i.e. cyndyquel (forgot how to spell it) from emerald onto diamond so i had a cynderquil on both emerald and diamond.

no offence to you just saying

Levity-Adam

Aipom rocks my socks!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2008
    In the Pokemon World, cloning is not seen as being a major issue. Although, I would rather have different Pokemon with different attributes then thousands of copies of the same Pokemon.

In the real world, I would say cloning is a major issue. Even though it is a scientific breakthough, it does not seem natural.

HeidiMoose

[Insert User Title Here]
    Years
  • I used to clone back in the good old days of G/S/C.

But I usually only did it so that I could trade something (like a legendary, since they can't have eggs) from R/B/Y, clone it so that I have it on G/S/C and be able to transfer it back to R/B/Y.
    If it's just my own games that I'm tampering with, then I don't see any harm done.
    I do much prefer breeding.. because it's like you have your own little baby pokemon to raise. :P

There was this one time when I cloned my Meganium..
    I battled the Elite Four and Champion with 6 lv. 100 Meganiums.
    That was just for laughs... ^_^'

Houndoom88

Pokemon Ranger
    Years
  • in the oldet GB games i used to clone, it was fun
    but now with the wi-fi trades i prefer not to clone

Renneh

I know A Bot
    Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2009
    I think it would be interesting if people were not able to clone.

But at the moment, I think it is a person's choice whether they clone or not.

I think most people probably clone for trading purposes, if I decided to trade or whatever, that might be what I'd do.

TIC TAC

Xbox Live GamerTag:iDESTRUCTx
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Dec 25, 2017
    I personally think cloning is great, say you have an EV'd Yanmega, someone wants it and you don't want to trade it because you love it to pieces, then you can clone it and then you both have one! I think it is magnificent!

Chaolin

Shiny Unown Master
    Years
  • Cloning is an immense time saver to me and I believe that it's legitimate so long the pokemon wasn't hacked to begin with. Cloning is more of a way to share your trophies without giving them away entirely whereas hacking is more like earning something you don't deserve. It also keeps people from having monopolies on really cool event pokemon that they otherwise wouldn't trade. So... Without cloning, there would be far less available rare pokemon and less rare pokemon means more unhappy children. :P

8th Wonder™

റിപ്പബ്ല? ??ക്ക്
    Years
  • Ok, it's good if someone desperately wants to trade with you, say, your hax Togekiss. Well, then you could clone it. Otherwise cloning is pointless unless you want more Masterballs...

Years
  • I used to clone in crystal alot but then after awhile i kept doing it so mutch my save file got corrupt so i never did it again.

i think cloning is a glitch in a game and people shouldnt do it too many times but it is fun to do and have a whole team of the exact same pokemon

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Cloning is personally fine by me. It's only a glitch in the game, so no real external device is used. If you do happen to find a shiny Pokemon, you should be rewarded for more than just that. When you trade a cloned version, you'll get something nice in return for your hard work. :D

Back