• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your opinion on Smeargle?

What Is Smeargle to you?

• Good

Votes: 20 62.5%
  • Bad

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • I don't know.

Votes: 7 21.9%

• Total voters

Ochigi

Epic Bi Dude
Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2010
    What's your opinion on Smeargle?

Useful Pokemon?
    Or
    Suckish Pokemon?
    Or
    Good With Egg Moves?

My opinion is it a useful pokemon because it can learn ANY move.
    Even though it's attack can go only up to 125 & it's other stats are kind of low it's very useful.It's also good with Egg Breeding.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • She's quite clearly the best moderator on PC. XD

oh, you mean the pokemon Smeargle?

It's awesome. I like to give mine completely random movesets for the lulz. :P

The Red Chain

I think Smeargle is extremely useful especially in UU or NU battles.
    It makes a very good Baton Passer, thus becoming a great asset to my teams.
    In OU it's outsped pretty frequently so pulling off a set up pass is hard but I still love Smeargle never the less.

I don't breed much anymore, but back in the times I did I used Smeargle all the time for Egg Moves. 83
    Overall : great Poke.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • um I find it confusing. I never really took the time to look up smeargle. The only thing I know about it is its sketch. I also recall being defeated by one in my emerald version, it used my dragonbreath against me.

Years
  • @Kirbychu: I never thought about Smeargle packing Dark Void! D: That would be irritating!

I actually like breeding pokemon *gasp!* so Smeargle is super useful for passing certain egg moves, especially when you need to pass more than one (like Baton Pass and Wish for Vaporeon). Plus, any time I see Smeargle, I think about the first time I encountered one in that itty-bitty, random patch of grass in the Ruins of Alph; totally suprised me.

And of course, competitively speaking, Smeargle is an integral member of any baton pass team. I mean, who else can pass Sub, ingrain, AND aqua ring (among other things)?

So yeah, it's cool. Weird little guy, though, I will admit.

Medli

I am Error.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 28, 2010
    I like it because it's based off a painter and it's all artistical and whatnot. And its design is cute. Otherwise, I don't really use him that much. Maybe I'll put him on a team one day for the lulz.

LoneStarAkira

This place is cooler already!
    Years
  • Smeargle is brilliant. Though he doesn't usually have the best stats, the fact that he can learn combos like Lock On+OHKO moves are useful for generally tough fights in the game, as well as being able to learn moves such as False Swipe, Mean Look, and Spore for catching legendaries and tough Pokemon. Being able to pass down Egg Moves, particularly to Pokemon for battling is good too. xD

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    It's pretty nice as a novelty pokemon, but it doesn't serve much of a purpose outside of in-game battles.
    The stats are below average, the defenses and HP can make a weedle poison sting it to death, and Heracross can pummel it to oblivion in OU.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • He's a good mod I guess, doesn't seem to be a mean guy or anything. =)

But I don't know. I never use Smeargle. Its really too frail and base 75 speed leaves a lot to be desired, it has overall poor stats, and if it wasn't its ability to learn any move, it would be completely useless.

Ayselipera

... I've never used it actually. I keep saying I will, but I don't. Design wise it's fine with me.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • It's good with learning any possible move (like a god), but the less as cool stats sort of bring it down. Nevertheless a decent Pokemon (it's an artist!).

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Smeargle is down right dead useful.
    - Can learn any move
    - Great for breeding
    - Great for countering disadvantages in teams.
    See, there are many more easons it is down right dead useful! ^-^

Zippie

Bingo!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2010
    Smeargle is very, very underated and is truly a great Pokemon if used correctly in battles. It makes a great baton passer and breeder. Sadly, the poor thing is always overshadowed due to its stats. : (

Moltres111

<- Serious business.
    Years
  • WARNING! The following screenshots contains the greatest single-evolution pokemon ever stat wise.

Lol;
    https://i46.tinypic.com/10yi4jq.jpg

Kind of better stats in everything except HP? XD
    https://i47.tinypic.com/hryltu.jpg

Smeargle is useful ingame and for breeding, but I don't really like using it competitively. It can do a few notable things though, like Spore+SR+Spikes. It is also the only pokemon that can Baton Pass an incredibly useful component for a Baton Pass team; Ingrain.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    Since i don't play competitively, i love it! It's absolutely great for catching legendaries, and is kinda fun to use. Though, i think it's positively freaky that that thing can fly... And still not learn Chatter...

Back