• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your opinion on the Master Ball

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2023
    I rarely ever use them. I usually only use pokeballs, because it makes the game harder and I hate the look of a random ugly ball. Sometimes I'll use a different ball if it matches the pokemon though.

Masterdom720

I Love Victini :)
    Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2013
    I always use a Masterball as a last resort when catching roaming legendary Pokemon, Or it just waits in the bag for the right moment.

Years
    Aside from the first/second gen games, and my original playthrough of Sapphire (which I used it on Latias), I don't use the Master Ball. In fact, I've saved all of the ones I've gotten and moved them over to Heart Gold where I currently have 5 in my bag.

After an unfortunate encounter with a Shiny Paras, I've decided that the only time I'll use a Master Ball is if it's a Shiny Pokemon (unless it's under level 15, then I might try a few Ultra Balls, and then throw a Master Ball if those don't work).

Years
    I only ever use the Master Ball on roaming legendaries. I've had too many frustrating experiences with those guys so I try to make it a bit easier on myself by keeping the ball until I run into one, especially since there's usually more than one roamer to catch in each game.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 4, 2012
    I'll save it until I need it but then never need it so I never really use it..

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I don't use them. I keep them in the bag instead in the case I *really* need one (e.g. I encounter a wild shiny Pokemon that might know Selfdestruct); but with legendaries or whatnot I just use non-Master Balls... balls. =p More of a challenge, really.

Nagaraja

আমি সর্প থেকে নোয়ান নিচে হবে
    Years
    I always catch my legendaries at night, so I use the Dusk Ball. I save my Masterball...for something intense. Normally a roaming legend.

Eclispe

Beginning PsyDragon Master
    Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2012
    I use them to catch legendary pokemon. I really have no negative opinion of them as long as they are only being used on legendaries and roamers and nothing else.

Back