• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I like it. It isn't great but hinestly, compared to its middle evo it is beautiful :L Middle evo is the ugliest pokemon I have ever seen!

I do think Gardivoir owns this emo though.

Destiny.

The Absol Master
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2019
    Firebug = Epic epic win. ...............................

Mod note: Next time, add more into your posts rather than using full stops to bypass the 25 character limit.

Umbrella

Rihanna's The Queen, You Mad?
    Years
    I agree. I detest Gochizeru, and I don't particularly care for Ranculus, either.

Oh, so thats the blobs name? Meh, don't see why people are going crazy over it. Reminds me of a chewed up green gummy bear that fell out of my mouth once. It looked nasty. Much like the Pokemon.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    Ranculus is adorable, and he's gonna be epic in OU, unlike a certain fugly goth lolita which is going to be good in UU, but never gonna see the light of OU.

Anyways, just came here to say, am I the only one who does NOT care about Chandelar? Don't get me wrong; it's an amazing design, epic typing, great abilities, and his spA is out of this world. But I haven't any intention of using it, tbh; it's just not my cup of tea. Maybe some people liked the thing the instant they saw it, but I can't help but think that like with Urgamoth, Chandelar's popularity has a lot to do with that insane special attack on a Fire type (a type that, despite its shortcomings, many people go ga-ga over, amongst a few other things. XD I'm far from a hater of the thing; I'm just wondering if anyone else is like "Cool... moving on plz" towards this pogey. I just encountered a lot of them things in this Tower of Heavens place and didn't even bother with the thing.

As for Urgamoth, my love of it has more to do with the fact that it's a Bug with epic stats and less to do with it being Fire, plus of course the fact that it's not just any bug, but a moth, a fire moth, and moths are my favourite insects ever (along with wasps). I personally love the design (so big and furry plz <3) but I think the wings could have been done better. It's nice that it's got such nifty stats and some great moves, but the design was what initially appealed to me. I've used every single butterfly/moth Pokemon ever in the past, and Urgamoth is not going to be the exception. :D

The Red Chain

Anyways, just came here to say, am I the only one who does NOT care about Chandelar? Don't get me wrong; it's an amazing design, epic typing, great abilities, and his spA is out of this world. But I haven't any intention of using it, tbh; it's just not my cup of tea. Maybe some people liked the thing the instant they saw it, but I can't help but think that like with Urgamoth, Chandelar's popularity has a lot to do with that insane special attack on a Fire type (a type that, despite its shortcomings, many people go ga-ga over, amongst a few other things. XD I'm far from a hater of the thing; I'm just wondering if anyone else is like "Cool... moving on plz" towards this pogey. I just encountered a lot of them things in this Tower of Heavens place and didn't even bother with the thing.

I'm with you! I'm not crazy over Shandera, though it does have a sexy special attack. I'm the type that enjoys using things with lower stats since it's so much more fun to maul that way. You can make people make the most epic "WTF" face ever, like using a Skitty with Belly Drum boost on a Giratina and OHKOing with Sucker Punch. [Critical of course.]

It's cool and all, but I'm just not interested in using it. Much too powerful to have any fun. <3

Years
    Ranculus is adorable, and he's gonna be epic in OU, unlike a certain fugly goth lolita which is going to be good in UU, but never gonna see the light of OU.

As for Urgamoth, my love of it has more to do with the fact that it's a Bug with epic stats and less to do with it being Fire, plus of course the fact that it's not just any bug, but a moth, a fire moth, and moths are my favourite insects ever (along with wasps). I personally love the design (so big and furry plz <3) but I think the wings could have been done better. It's nice that it's got such nifty stats and some great moves, but the design was what initially appealed to me. I've used every single butterfly/moth Pokemon ever in the past, and Urgamoth is not going to be the exception. :D

Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

LORD CHANDELAR DOES NOT APPROVE OF THIS HERESY.

jk. xD It was one I just fell in love with, the moment I saw it. I found out about its wicked stats afterwards, then I was sold. Chanderaa, Denchura, Wargle, Froggy, Doryuuzu, Urgamoth, etc were all pokemon I instantly liked. xD

But I do agree, a big part of its appeal is the wicked SpA and great typing. Same for Urgamoth.

Umbrella

Years

A lot of people are using Gochiruzeru actually. I rarely see people use the green gummy bear fetus. You are so bitter :]

Shanderaa will pop that green bag of fluid effortlessly. The moth is outstanding though.

Pumpkin Fields

King of Carrot Flowers
    Years
    A lot of people are using Gochiruzeru actually. I rarely see people use the green gummy bear fetus. You are so bitter :]

Shanderaa will pop that green bag of fluid effortlessly. The moth is outstanding though.

Erm, I'm not seeing it.
    I understand that you like Gochiruzeru, that's cool and all, but I rarely see any support for it. Rankurusu, on the other hand, has already developed a large fanbase.

Umbrella

Years
    Erm, I'm not seeing it.
    I understand that you like Gochiruzeru, that's cool and all, but I rarely see any support for it. Rankurusu, on the other hand, has already developed a large fanbase.

Thats nice it has developed a fan base, but if I recall correctly, I never said he didn't have one. I see he has a large one. Most of my friends are in love with it. But what I'm saying is that I have yet to see one being used in battle. From what I've been seeing from my own experiences and watching YouTube vids, Gochiruzeru has been used more. Not saying people aren't and will not use it. But I prefer Gochiruzeru along with many other people [Lots of Lady Gaga fans who also enjoy Pokemon ^_^]. But if I do make an all psychic team, I may get one.

I'm not gonna fall into its jelly web :] Unless it has an amazing shiny sprite.

otakulily

Pokemon is okay, I guess.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 25, 2014
    In terms of actual design, I pretty much hate everything. I, for one, think that almost all of the 5th gen Pokemon either look ridiculous or look too much like some of the other Pokemon. Sure they look a bit different, but we otherwise have clones of Machop, Sandshrew, Aerodactyl, Tauros, etc. I mean, with 600+ Pokemon, it's hard to make every Pokemon unique, but they're coming up with really stupid ideas.

Anyway, the only Pokemon that I can say I "fell in love with" in terms of aesthetics would be Shimama and Hitomoshi<3. I'm surprised it took them 5 generations before they came up with a zebra Pokemon.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    lolin' @ chu, Umbrella.

Right, I'm a bitter about a Pokemon I couldn't care less about, with a typing I couldn't care less about, just like I'm bitter about Metagross, Gallade and Bronzong being OU even though, oh, wait, I DONT CARE LOL. Good one, chicko, but if Gardevoir and Ranculus were to fall out of disuse because of Loligoth, that will only make me use them more. :3

Besides, once the metagame sets in fully, you'll see things turn around. When DP came out, Tangrowth and Rhyperior were in OU teams everywhere, raepin' errrbody out there. Today we see they did not live up to the hype of their stats and moves, and as it turns out, they're having a swell time in UU. As for Gardevoir? She's UU/NU, and she has better stats and ability than Gothilselle. I can't for the life of me imagine in what tier Gothilselle will end up if not even Gardevoir is OU, hurr durr. :]

Ofc, I don't really care either way, because I actually don't like any Psychic type enough to use it (except Ranculus), plus I don't use stuff according to whether it's OU, BL, UU or NU. :>

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
    I prefer Gothilselle from Ranculus too,that's why i GTSed her to my team.
    I saw another brilliant Poke from this gen, Aianto. =3
    It has great stats and looks very good. Its typing gives it a lot of resistances.
    I'm not a Shanderaa fan, however i don't hate it. It's a plain pokemon for me that will propably not end being in my team,especially because of the ridiculous level to evolve Hitomoshi.
    I personally like almost all designs in BW, and i think they aren't worse than gen 1-4 Pokemon. Maybe even they are my favourite designs.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    Honestly, I don't like Gothilselle, because, well, it freaks me out. I do like Ranculus, however.
    My favorites so far remain Ranculus, Daikenki, Abagoora, and as no.1: Hahakomori.
    Never thought I'd end up with the grass/bug as my favorite.

Umbrella

Years
    lolin' @ chu, Umbrella.

Right, I'm a bitter about a Pokemon I couldn't care less about, with a typing I couldn't care less about, just like I'm bitter about Metagross, Gallade and Bronzong being OU even though, oh, wait, I DONT CARE LOL. Good one, chicko, but if Gardevoir and Ranculus were to fall out of disuse because of Loligoth, that will only make me use them more. :3

Besides, once the metagame sets in fully, you'll see things turn around. When DP came out, Tangrowth and Rhyperior were in OU teams everywhere, raepin' errrbody out there. Today we see they did not live up to the hype of their stats and moves, and as it turns out, they're having a swell time in UU. As for Gardevoir? She's UU/NU, and she has better stats and ability than Gothilselle. I can't for the life of me imagine in what tier Gothilselle will end up if not even Gardevoir is OU, hurr durr. :]

Ofc, I don't really care either way, because I actually don't like any Psychic type enough to use it (except Ranculus), plus I don't use stuff according to whether it's OU, BL, UU or NU. :>

That's nice.
    I prefer Gothilselle from Ranculus too,that's why i GTSed her to my team.
    I saw another brilliant Poke from this gen, Aianto. =3
    It has great stats and looks very good. Its typing gives it a lot of resistances.
    I'm not a Shanderaa fan, however i don't hate it. It's a plain pokemon for me that will propably not end being in my team,especially because of the ridiculous level to evolve Hitomoshi.
    I personally like almost all designs in BW, and i think they aren't worse than gen 1-4 Pokemon. Maybe even they are my favourite designs.

I prefer it as well. Speaking on Aianto, I feel bad for it. Did you read the Anteater's description? They use fire to burn Aianto's shell to eat them. I don't know which one I like more tbh.

Shandera reminds me of Drifblim. Don't really have an opinion of it :P

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Umbrella, please respect other people's opinions and views regarding the Gen V Pokémon. Everyone is entitled to state their own likes and/or dislikes on whatever pokémon comes to mind; it's just their deliberation. Please refrain from getting into any kind of disputes. :[

Umbrella

Years
    Umbrella, please respect other people's opinions and views regarding the Gen V Pokémon. Everyone is entitled to state their own likes and/or dislikes on whatever pokémon comes to mind; it's just their deliberation. Please refrain from getting into any kind of disputes. :[

You need to address everyone, not just me.

How am I disrespecting others opinions on certain Pokemon? If they like it, they like it. I'm saying I don't like it. That's not disrespecting someones opinion because I have a different opinion then they do. I don't recall saying, "YOUR STUPID FOR LIKING THAT POKEMON" Like you said, I'm entitled to state my own likes and or dislikes on whatever Pokemon comes to mind. Its my deliberation.

And refraining from disputes? Sorry, that depends on how the person responds to my post. You need to address everyone, not just me. Backwards much?

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    How am I disrespecting others opinions on certain Pokemon? If they like it, they like it. I'm saying I don't like. That's not disrespecting someones opinion because I have a different opinion then they do. I don't recall saying, "YOUR STUPID FOR LIKING THAT POKEMON" Like you said, I'm entitled to state my own likes and or dislikes on whatever Pokemon comes to mind. Its my deliberation.

And refraining from disputes? Sorry, that depends on how the person responds to my post. You need to address everyone, not just me. Backwards much?
    Yes, this goes for everyone else too. However, I've read the above posts and noticed you are the one who has been responding to others' opinions, so I just thought I would mention you to simmer down a bit. Even if a person states something to you, disputing back is not a very bright idea. It's okay to comment on what they say, but make sure you don't start an argument and respect their thoughts as well. If it's really bad, just use the report button.

Getting back on topic, to me Shandera is like the new Drifblim. It has suited colors for a chandelier for both shiny and non-shiny form. I like this pokémon; and I could see me having it for my team in the future. It would be great to have them out during Halloween based on the type of pokémon and the colors itself. XD;

Umbrella

Years

Yes, this goes for everyone else too. However, I've read the above posts and noticed you are the one who has been responding to others' opinions, so I just thought I would mention you to simmer down a bit. Even if a person states something to you, disputing back is not a very bright idea. It's okay to comment on what they say, but make sure you don't start an argument and respect their thoughts as well. If it's really bad, just use the report button.

Getting back on topic, to me Shandera is like the new Drifblim. It has suited colors for a chandelier for both shiny and non-shiny form. I like this pokémon; and I could see me having it for my team in the future. It would be great to have them out during Halloween based on the type of pokémon and the colors itself. XD;

No, you still have it wrong. People have been quoting my post. I don't quote people unless they respond to one of my post first. Or respond to me without actually quoting my post. So, if you see my quote someone, its because they responded to me first. But I get what your saying. Its just backwards. I think it would have been better to address everyone as a whole, instead of singling me out when you had your information wrong. Thanks for pointing out the report button, didn't notice it before hand.

Speaking on Shandera, have you seen the shiny sprite? Ahhmazing. It makes me like it way more than its regular sprite. It seems kind of bland.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    @ Kaori,

You need to address everyone, not just me.

How am I disrespecting others opinions on certain Pokemon? If they like it, they like it. I'm saying I don't like it. That's not disrespecting someones opinion because I have a different opinion then they do. I don't recall saying, "YOUR STUPID FOR LIKING THAT POKEMON" Like you said, I'm entitled to state my own likes and or dislikes on whatever Pokemon comes to mind. Its my deliberation.

XD I hate to say it, but I agree with Umbrella on this. I didn't really feel disrespected or whaever by RiRi luvver's reply, but then again, I'm not the type to get worked up over this sort of thing; I reply a lot to Umbrella's posts because I'm argumentative and his comments light my fire if you know what I mean. ;) Honestly, when I saw his "That's nice" reply, I just lol'd.

tbh I just like standing under Umbrella's umbrella (especially now that it's raining more than ever), and by that I mean I enjoy our little bickering. :3

- - - - - - - - -

In other news...

Does anyone like the new Ice types? I am disappoint they're all pure Ice, but I like both Vaivanilla and Tsunbear, but not Freezio (too weird-looking).

I'd use Vaivanilla, but despite his good stats and lulzy design, his movepool sucks... :C

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back