• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites
    ---X--->

WHY?!?!?

Tarous is a bull. Buffalo with a afro is a buffalo. Doesn't really makes sencse for me. :(

Zeph.

Casual Player, Silly Username
    Years
    Well In my humble opinion, Tauros is badass. Baffuron is also badass (he's got a frggn Afro!!) Having two seperate pokemon means they retain their awesomeness without having to loose it =)

Plus yea, Bull =/= Buffalo

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    ...Y'all do realize Tsunbear's "beard" is made of frozen mucus/snot/etc., right? :D Its pre-evo had a runny nose, and now that it's evolved, the whole thing has grown all icicle-esque. It should learn a move called Snot Tricicle (see what I did thar? ;D) or something, lmfao. Anyways, I like it, but I hate how small his head is, especially in comparison to his other "head" (lol, if you don't get it, you don't wanna get it, trust me). Battle-wise, he's cool, but honestly, I wish his design was much better.

OMG I get it. LOL that was literally what I was thinking, I just didn't post it. At least Blazikens "head" it smaller.

I agree with his real head though, it make him look awkward like Forever said earlier. It is just out of proportion with the rest of him body.

Tsunbear is not my favourite, I like him but I think he just could have looked so much better if some features were altered. He doesn't really look that aggressive either. Not like Mamoswine.

Years

OMG I get it. LOL that was literally what I was thinking, I just didn't post it. At least Blazikens "head" it smaller.

I agree with his real head though, it make him look awkward like Forever said earlier. It is just out of proportion with the rest of him body.

Tsunbear is not my favourite, I like him but I think he just could have looked so much better if some features were altered. He doesn't really look that aggressive either. Not like Mamoswine.

True, not as intimidating as Mamo. D:

Ok, my turn. Thoughts on these:

Purutoga (above) might be my favorite fossil ever. Great typing, ability, move set, stats, etc. Same with Gigagiath- amazing stats and moves, Gen V version of Metagross. My view on Daikenki has improved greatly since DW art was revealed. :D

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years

1. Daikenki: I love its design, stats and movepool. Even though Feraligatr pulls off the Swords Dance + Aqua Jet combo better than it can, Daikenki gets Megahorn to maim Grass types with.

2. Gigaiasu: It reminds me of Diamondhead/Chromastone from Ben 10 (Alien Force/Ultimate Alien), as well as Heatran.

3. Abagoora: Slow as hell. But it does get Shell Break to make up for its bad Speed and to boost its good offenses further. I like its design, though.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    XD It is not Shell Break, but rather Solid Rock, what saves Abagora from doom and being an inferior Omastar. Even with a Shell Break, it's still pretty slow; I personally wouldn't advice the move on him. Regardless I do like it lots, because turtles are epic win. Cradily is still the best fossil of all times, though. :3

As for Gigaiath, I actually like it lots, which is bizarre, because I don't like 90% of Rock types that aren't another type such as Water or Grass. But he's got a great design, a useful ability, and some very good moves. I approve, yep yep. :D

Finally, obviously I love Daikenki, as is evident by my sig. I tried using other Water types, but offensively he's just the best, and defensively, he's not half bad, though Mamanbou does a much better job, and I still like her better overall, but Daikenki is love nevertheless. :D

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Looking over a lot of the dream world art, I really love;

Koromori's
    Chillarmy's
    Chirachiino's
    Shikijika's
    Hitomoshi's
    Denchura's
    Bachuru's

Awkward ones;
    Yabukuron - I liked this Pokemon at first and thought it had a chance, but no. This dream world art is uuuuggggllllyyy.
    Kumasyun - That... thing hanging out of his nose is pretty... weird. D:

Oh and I'll discuss with Kaori whether we should have a thread in general to discuss the dream world art for both B/W and older Pokemon (since the dream world is B/W related; it'd probably fit best in this section rather than PG or GPG). For now just gunna use this thread.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years

Yes. I love Tsunbear. I've been wanting a polar bear pokemon for a long time. XD

It does have great physical coverage and boosting capability, but you'd need to have Heavy Rain (Best provided by a Drizzle Politoed) up to abuse it along with Swift Swim efficiently. Add a Life Orb for damage (It has great HP to soak up recoil) then get off a Swords Dance and wreck people with powerful physical moves. In terms of power and practicality, I'd give the edge to Mamo still because of more Power/STAB EQ and more bulk.

EDIT: This is Dream World art, btw. :DD

...Y'all do realize Tsunbear's "beard" is made of frozen mucus/snot/etc., right? :D Its pre-evo had a runny nose, and now that it's evolved, the whole thing has grown all icicle-esque. It should learn a move called Snot Tricicle (see what I did thar? ;D) or something, lmfao. Anyways, I like it, but I hate how small his head is, especially in comparison to his other "head" (lol, if you don't get it, you don't wanna get it, trust me). Battle-wise, he's cool, but honestly, I wish his design was much better.

In other news... do not raise Meralba / Monozu unless you really like these things. x__x After level 40 Meralba takes as long as 5000+ EXP points to get to the next level, and after level 50, it's 10,000+ per level, lmfao. That's fuqin' insane, absolutely insane. But, insanity is what I do best, which is why I had my little fire moth larva take on Shaga's Pokemon; she single-handedly swept the entire competition, including Ononononononononononokusu. Yes, she was in her 50s, but her defense is terrible, and Ononononononononokusu's Att is insane, especially after one Dragon Dance lol. :3 Now that she's an Ulgamoth, I expect great things, ufufufufu... *petpets* She will probably be my first level 100 pogey, yeees. :3

Now I'm training Monozu, he's so adorable. Hustlin' Draco Meteorin' llamadragon for the win, ppl. He's so frail, though; even wild Tabunne faint him. :C :C :C But Sazandra is a beauty, and once evolved, nothing will stop my beloved from taking down everrrythinggg. >:3

Also, for some reason, I really like Aianto now. O_o; But I don't have him in my team because flamebuggy and darkdraggy take foreverrr to grow. Imagine Forever typing her name forever, her fingers stuck to the keyboard for all eternity: that is how long it takes to raise an Ulgamoth / Sazandra (and their pre-evos), aka f f f o o o r r r e e e v v v e e e r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r r . . .

'Nyways, 'tis autumn now; soon it'll be Tsunbear season, since apparently during winter, Kumashun are as common as mayflies in the summer.

That's a icy snot beard?! Gross...!

And what "other head" is everyone talking about? Unless you're referring to that big old cotton ball down there... :\

If they removed that irritating mustache and beard, Daikenki wouldn't look that bad. The beard is definitely unnecessary...the mustache might work with repositioning... The shell helmet still looks tacked on poorly... :( I'm remembering how much this design seems like a radical departure from the bipedal Mijumaru and Futachimaru...

Andrut

Collecting dust since 1898
    Years
    I really love Shubarugo now.

It looks pretty neat,and its attack of 135 is really sweet,beating Heracross by 10. Megahorn works extremely well on it. He has moderate Hp and very big defenses,making him a bulky and powerful pokemon at the same time. I managed to obtain an adamant one. ^_^

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Although Buffalon didn't turn out to be Tauros's evolution as no previous gen Pokémon were to be included, I've noticed and I'm sure I've mentioned before these Pokémon were confirmed, with other generation Pokémon not being obtainable until after the National Dex, GameFreak seems to have based them off the others; Buffalon being one set like Tauros. I think this is ideal since we'll at least have some types of Pokémon to be similar to another one we've had previously which still keeps a fresh start for Black and White. But below that, Buffalon is a Buffalo while Tauros is a bull so the animal typing isn't very suitable aside from the designs itself.

Aside from the alike appearances, Buffalon is pretty fierce and if anything, I like it better than Tauros. Buffalon has a more fierce and bulky design that fits the buffalo style. Perhaps if I have an available slot for it on my team, I'll use it. However there are lots of the Pokémon I like so it's going to be difficult to build my team. >w>

Years
    Wargle became my favorite flying type Pokémon, in this and in all the previous generations. Though it was kind of hard to level Washibon up to 54 for it to evolve, it was worth it. Not only does it look awesome, it can learn some neat/powerful moves and has very good stats; certainly and obviously so much better than Fearow, which was my favorite flying type.

All-in-all, I wasn't too much impressed with the designs of some Pokémon, but they were, nevertheless, better than the previous generations'. There isn't a Pokémon I "don't like" at the moment, but Kerudio is a little weird looking to me.

And Buffalon > Tauros.

Years
    Looking over a lot of the dream world art, I really love;

Koromori's
    Chillarmy's
    Chirachiino's
    Shikijika's
    Hitomoshi's
    Denchura's
    Bachuru's

Awkward ones;
    Yabukuron - I liked this Pokemon at first and thought it had a chance, but no. This dream world art is uuuuggggllllyyy.
    Kumasyun - That... thing hanging out of his nose is pretty... weird. D:

Oh and I'll discuss with Kaori whether we should have a thread in general to discuss the dream world art for both B/W and older Pokemon (since the dream world is B/W related; it'd probably fit best in this section rather than PG or GPG). For now just gunna use this thread.

You're welcome. xDDD

Yeah, Yabukuron's DW art really didn't help at all. :/

XD It is not Shell Break, but rather Solid Rock, what saves Abagora from doom and being an inferior Omastar. Even with a Shell Break, it's still pretty slow; I personally wouldn't advice the move on him. Regardless I do like it lots, because turtles are epic win. Cradily is still the best fossil of all times, though. :3

As for Gigaiath, I actually like it lots, which is bizarre, because I don't like 90% of Rock types that aren't another type such as Water or Grass. But he's got a great design, a useful ability, and some very good moves. I approve, yep yep. :D

Finally, obviously I love Daikenki, as is evident by my sig. I tried using other Water types, but offensively he's just the best, and defensively, he's not half bad, though Mamanbou does a much better job, and I still like her better overall, but Daikenki is love nevertheless. :D

Yesh. Solid Rock is great on abagora, a much better option than shell break, because he needs that defense stat to keep him alive most of the time. :0

True, Cradily is win as well. :3

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

You're welcome. xDDD

Help? I actually considered giving it a chance before I saw the Dream World art... XD; Honestly, that brown... thing coming out of the trash bag is terrible.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years

You're welcome. xDDD

Yesh. Solid Rock is great on abagora, a much better option than shell break, because he needs that defense stat to keep him alive most of the time. :0

True, Cradily is win as well. :3

Er, what do you mean by "better option"? O.o Shell Break is a move, not an ability, although there's an ability called Breakable Armour, which Vaivanilla and other Pokemon have; when hit with a physical attack (or contact move or something), Defense goes down one stage and Speed goes up. Abagora's other abilities are Sturdy and Swift Swim, neither of which are useful, especially the latter, since it's just like Sunflora with Chlorophyll: not even with speed doubled in the sun / rain is the thing ever going to go first, lol.

But yeah, there's Shell Armour (ability), Shell Break (move) and Breakable Armour (ability).

The only thing that seems able to make effective use of Shell Break is Skill Link Cloyster, since it has 95 / 85 / 70 offences, which are "meh", but with Shell Break, both offences + speed are doubled, at the cost of lowering Cloyster's defenses one stage. Swift Swim Gorebyss / Huntail / Omastar can also use it very well, provided they have rain support (their defenses lowered won't matter considering the insane +4 speed after one Shell Break during Rain, and their already excellent spA doubled). Everything else that learns Shell Break (Magcargo, Torkoal, Rockycrab and Abagora) is just an inferior user of it, because they all have speed so horrible no amount of shellin' and breakin' is gonna fix, lol.

As for Breakable Armour, it's not a very good ability, except for that horrible garbage bag thing, which has 75 speed and could use a speed boost so it can maybe sweep with his decent 95 attack. It could also be useful for Kabutops, but it's got Swift Swim already, so why boost speed at the cost of defense? Every other thing that gets Shell Break (Omastar, Magcargo, Skarmory, Rockycrab, Vaivanilla, Vuljina) is better off without it, as they all have good defenses and "meh" speed; in Omastar's particular case, Swift Swim fixes his speed at no cost of his awesome defense, and in the case of Vaivanilla, I'd just use Body Purge, a Steel-type version of Agility, XD.

Last edited:
    Years

Er, what do you mean by "better option"? O.o Shell Break is a move, not an ability, although there's an ability called Breakable Armour, which Vaivanilla and other Pokemon have; when hit with a physical attack (or contact move or something), Defense goes down one stage and Speed goes up. Abagora's other abilities are Sturdy and Swift Swim, neither of which are useful, especially the latter, since it's just like Sunflora with Chlorophyll: not even with speed doubled in the sun / rain is the thing ever going to go first, lol.

But yeah, there's Shell Armour (ability), Shell Break (move) and Breakable Armour (ability).

The only thing that seems able to make effective use of Shell Break is Skill Link Cloyster, since it has 95 / 85 / 70 offences, which are "meh", but with Shell Break, both offences + speed are doubled, at the cost of lowering Cloyster's defenses one stage. Swift Swim Gorebyss / Huntail / Omastar can also use it very well, provided they have rain support (their defenses lowered won't matter considering the insane +4 speed after one Shell Break during Rain, and their already excellent spA doubled). Everything else that learns Shell Break (Magcargo, Torkoal, Rockycrab and Abagora) is just an inferior user of it, because they all have speed so horrible no amount of shellin' and breakin' is gonna fix, lol.

As for Breakable Armour, it's not a very good ability, except for that horrible garbage bag thing, which has 75 speed and could use a speed boost so it can maybe sweep with his decent 95 attack. It could also be useful for Kabutops, but it's got Swift Swim already, so why boost speed at the cost of defense? Every other thing that gets Shell Break (Omastar, Magcargo, Skarmory, Rockycrab, Vaivanilla, Vuljina) is better off without it, as they all have good defenses and "meh" speed; in Omastar's particular case, Swift Swim fixes his speed at no cost of his awesome defense, and in the case of Vaivanilla, I'd just use Body Purge, a Steel-type version of Agility, XD.

Well, it would be better to utilize Solid Rock than shell break, at least not together. Solid Rock is a defensive ability, and it serves no purpose if Abagora is at -6 defense. :/ If I were to use Shell break at all, it would be on some swift swimmer Rain team variant. Plus Abagora is slow as hell anyways.

But

Skill link Cloyster = God.

splosh

Russian Reversaler
    Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2016
    In other news... do not raise Meralba / Monozu unless you really like these things. x__x After level 40 Meralba takes as long as 5000+ EXP points to get to the next level, and after level 50, it's 10,000+ per level, lmfao. That's fuqin' insane, absolutely insane. But, insanity is what I do best, which is why I had my little fire moth larva take on Shaga's Pokemon; she single-handedly swept the entire competition, including Ononononononononononokusu. Yes, she was in her 50s, but her defense is terrible, and Ononononononononokusu's Att is insane, especially after one Dragon Dance lol. :3 Now that she's an Ulgamoth, I expect great things, ufufufufu... *petpets* She will probably be my first level 100 pogey, yeees. :3

Not to mention, Merarava's base stats and levelup moves make it more of an attack sweeper, whilst Ulgamoth is a special sweeper. Therefore you need a Modest or Timid nature Meralava - which cuts attack power by 10%...making it an uphill battle to lvl 59 lol.

Haha i had wanted to have Sazandorah and Ulgamoth before the E4 but will prob stick to Ulgamoth. :P

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    @LiveWire: Actually, Shell Break onlylowers each defense by one level, while upping offences by two. Nevertheless, you're indeed correct in that they dont work together, and there's no reason to NOT have Solid Rock on Abagora 'cause Omastar pulls off Rain Dance'd Shell Break better.

@Splosh: Indeed, mine is modest, so it was hell raising it, XD. Personally, I think modest is the better nature. And challenging though it is, I've raised both before the E4. Ofc, Sazandra will still be a Jiheddo by the time I get there, but that should be alright, XD.

Years
    @LiveWire: Actually, Shell Break onlylowers each defense by one level, while upping offences by two. Nevertheless, you're indeed correct in that they dont work together, and there's no reason to NOT have Solid Rock on Abagora 'cause Omastar pulls off Rain Dance'd Shell Break better.

@Splosh: Indeed, mine is modest, so it was hell raising it, XD. Personally, I think modest is the better nature. And challenging though it is, I've raised both before the E4. Ofc, Sazandra will still be a Jiheddo by the time I get there, but that should be alright, XD.

Yes. That's vaguely what I meant. xD I knew shell Break lowered Def, but I wasn't sure by how many stages.

But I'm pretty set on using Solid Rock Abagora on my team, as it's sturdier than Gamegerouge, and hits harder than Mamanbou.

tangvor

Pokemon FTW
    Years
    Hahakurimo is currently my favorite pokemon on my team
    I love GOOD bug types especially when paired with another useful type and grass is useful when paired with it so worked out great (also loved Scizor)
    My least favorite pokemon has got to be Choroneko.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back