• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I really like
    Wargle
    Ononokuso
    Zoroark
    Victini

Speaking or Zoraork, it has kind of been forgotten. All of the other 5th gen pokemon have been receiving loads of attention. Probably because Zoraork doen't really seem 'new' as it was revealed close to a year ago...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Poor Zoroark. D: I even forgot about it, actually. XD At first, I never really disliked Zoroark, I just... thought it was a normal Pokemon. I guess I never disliked the original B/W Pokemon I saw (Zoros/Starters). The only thing was that Zoroark/Zorua never really stood out to me. Yeah Zorua was cute but I never originally got the hype? :(

Maybe they'll get spotlight again at some point~

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Zoroark is actually a neat Pokemon. Its Illusion ability can trick your opponent into thinking they're facing a Pokemon they can easily counter, when in fact, Zoroark can counter them. Only problem is, if Zoroark uses an attack that the Pokemon it's copying wouldn't normally use, then you blew its cover. Aesthetically, it's just as awesome as Lucario.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    1) But why do they have to be identical 2) and so ugly, 3) and not different forms instead of different pokemon. 4) Waste of pokemon space/worst pokemon created. 5) Plus one of them is Pure flying. 4) I will never be able to express my hate for them enough :/

1) They're not really identical...just similar
    2) Beauty is in the eye of the beholder
    3) Because they're based on three different dieties
    4) So mean...
    5) Most people loved that part =/

You peoples forgot about Zoroark? Wow. I never did, I think he's pretty cool, especially his ability. And Zorua is just so cute :3

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    You peoples forgot about Zoroark? Wow. I never did, I think he's pretty cool, especially his ability. And Zorua is just so cute :3
    But what sucks about them is that you can only get them through events. In fact, Zorua and Zoroark are the only non-legendary event exclusive Pokemon.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years

Speaking or Zoraork, it has kind of been forgotten. All of the other 5th gen pokemon have been receiving loads of attention. Probably because Zoraork doen't really seem 'new' as it was revealed close to a year ago...
    I forgot about the Zoroark and Zorua as well... even though those two are some of my favorite gen 5 pokemon design wise...

Years
    Zorua and Zoroark have no reason to be event exclusives, IMO.
    Just because they can transform? So what? We have Ditto for that. Heck, they might as well have made Riolu and Lucario event exclusives as well. T_T

Also, I've been becoming very attached to these Pokemon:
    Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

So what if they look ridiculously similar? They're f-ing adorable, and a chinchilla Pokemon is something I REALLY didn't expect to see in this generation. I also love that Technician ability they can have. It can make some of the more weaker moves it learns (lol, why does it learn Bullet Seed?) more powerful. :> I think I might just use Chillarmy instead of Yooterri whenever I get Black...

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Haha, I agree. Chillachiino still has its differences apart from Chillarmy with its long white fur coat along its back, making it a less cute, more graceful Pokémon in my point of view. :) I like both of them equally, and I have no complaints towards this Pokémon either. Originally I planned to use it for my team, but because I've found interest in a whole lot of the Pokémon, I'm trying to plan things out slowly. XD;

Years
    Just because they can transform? So what? We have Ditto for that. Heck, they might as well have made Riolu and Lucario event exclusives as well. T_T

Also, I've been becoming very attached to these Pokemon:

So what if they look ridiculously similar? They're f-ing adorable, and a chinchilla Pokemon is something I REALLY didn't expect to see in this generation. I also love that Technician ability they can have. It can make some of the more weaker moves it learns (lol, why does it learn Bullet Seed?) more powerful. :> I think I might just use Chillarmy instead of Yooterri whenever I get Black...
    Well they have enough diffrences between them...actually maybe more than the three gods (Aka Genie trio)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

...I thought Lucario was an event exclusive, lol. /fail
    They're probably event exclusives because of their connection to Entei, Raikou and Suicune (small connection but yeah) and because they have connection to legendaries, they're automatically qualified as event Pokemon? ...except those are roaming legendaries.

BUT!!!11 Maybe there is the fact that they seem too dark to actually be found in Isshu/Unova, considering they look eviiiil and since Genosect is a event exclusive (excluding Sazando etc), it actually would make sense. Kinda a stupid reason, but best I could think of. :(

Years

...I thought Lucario was an event exclusive, lol. /fail
    They're probably event exclusives because of their connection to Entei, Raikou and Suicune (small connection but yeah) and because they have connection to legendaries, they're automatically qualified as event Pokemon? ...except those are roaming legendaries.

BUT!!!11 Maybe there is the fact that they seem too dark to actually be found in Isshu/Unova, considering they look eviiiil and since Genosect is a event exclusive (excluding Sazando etc), it actually would make sense. Kinda a stupid reason, but best I could think of. :(
    Lol Lucario was in fact not an event exclusive :P
    I think that Zorua and Zoroark will become more famous in the third version ( I predict they will be obtainable in game in the third version some how) giving them the fame they so lack :)

I have actually developed a liking for Oshawott that is almost as big as my love for Snivy...

Years
    Urugamosu (Ulgamoth, that name is just ugh) is one of my favorites.

It has a bastard combination, Fire + Bug. It's fast, good HP, attack is crap but then again-Special attacker. Also, it looks cool.

In fact Urugamosu is the only reason I will play B/W. Because, I want that thing.

Also Meraruba is pretty strong for a pre-evo.

But...one thing bothers me.

It's English name. Unfortunately for me, knowing what GF/PokeCom did to Tsutarja, Mijumaru and Pokabu that chances of Urugamosu having an awesome name is very very slim.

Now that's out, I'll also say that Kokorimori looks creepy to me. IT'S THE EYES, MAN.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    As strange as it sounds, I'm starting to take a shine to Gigigiaru:

Yes, I know that it's basically Giaru with a bunch of extra gears added to it, but what I do like about it is one of signature moves (Gear Saucer), which works in the same way as Bonemerang and hits for the same BP as Meteor Mash. Its other signature move, Gear Change, is also why I like it. It's basically Howl and Agility combined. But what I don't like about it is its poor offensive movepool. Its stats are good, though I'dl like to see an increase to its HP and Special stats as well.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I don't really like the fact that its evolution line is only Steel, rather than Electric/Steel (which is what Magnemite is) and due to that... I don't like it as much? XD; I don't have issues with how they look, but it's the typing that's rather annoying, which I only just found out recently. XD

Also, I noticed my favourite Pokemon from this generation are actually bugs and electric types, yet my favourite type is fire. I just realised that when I thought about how awesome Denchura and Ishizumai are, as well as Shimama. :3

King Gumball

Years
    I don't really like the fact that its evolution line is only Steel, rather than Electric/Steel (which is what Magnemite is) and due to that... I don't like it as much? XD; I don't have issues with how they look, but it's the typing that's rather annoying, which I only just found out recently. XD

Also, I noticed my favourite Pokemon from this generation are actually bugs and electric types, yet my favourite type is fire. I just realised that when I thought about how awesome Denchura and Ishizumai are, as well as Shimama. :3

Ishizumai's evo, Iwaparesu is my fav of this region ^.^ Ishizumai is adorable too, even out of its shell.

For the Gear thing, I think pure steel suits it, as it doesn't look the electric part. I think its design is a little too complex, for pokemon whose designs are usually 'old school' and simple.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    The anime is doing many favours for the new pokemon. I liked them to begin with but the anime is making me love pokemon like Pendoraa, Ishizumai and Pururiru more than before.

Ishizumai is quite possibly the cutest bug pokemon I've ever laid eyes on. :3

King Gumball

Years
    Ishizumai is surely cute; I like it~! But , Iwaparesu looks rather strange to me. I can't really say why, but it looks so unnatural. :\

It is just so... awkward if you understand me :) I think it looks natural enough, it is a rock lol. I like it because of its randomness and... idk I just love it for no real reason.

Years

It is just so... awkward if you understand me :) I think it looks natural enough, it is a rock lol. I like it because of its randomness and... idk I just love it for no real reason.
    lol...
    I thought of it's design being unnatural because rocks... they aren't living beings.. XD;; It's the same feeling I had when I first saw Geodude. xD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back