• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martins

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    ^ Yeah, I didn't like that one either..But the one that made me almost puke is this guy:

Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

I mean what the hell is that? It's an ugly fat rat.

And this:

Really does not look like a Pokémon.

The two main legendary ones do not look so original either, in my opinion.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I very much like
    as well. At first I was a bit "eeeh" about it, but yeah, it's grown on me too. Though, I think it would have been cool to have a pre-evo for it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ^ Yeah, I didn't like that one either..But the one that made me almost puke is this guy:

I mean what the hell is that? It's an ugly fat rat.

And this:

Really does not look like a Pokémon.

The two main legendary ones do not look so original either, in my opinion.

...you know, that isn't really that bad to me. XD; I must be strange.

As for ones that don't look like Pokemon - the red/blue dragon. It looks.... terrible. I can't quite put my finger on it but it just disturbs me.

Years
  • Don't know how the first one can grow on you...

Something just feels wrong about it. Maybe something to do with the head? Either way, certainly not a favourite.

Yeah that's true, the head was the big-turn off for me originally. Well, Ant Eaters aren't really known for beauty. :/Once you get past its goofy head it's alright. ^^

Martins

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    this? Haha, a red head.

I can't wait to see how it is in the anime. It must look very ugly. It is very badly designed, really.

I like this one because it makes me laugh:

Last edited:

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I agree with the Dragon. It seems like they tried to make it a Medieval looking one, but it just looks odd. It might have looked better without the red head...

Years
  • I agree with the Dragon. It seems like they tried to make it a Medieval looking one, but it just looks odd. It might have looked better without the red head...

I agree, the red head makes it look like it was just crudely copy & pasted on a blue body.

Since it's stats are sub-par compared to the other dragons (Ononokusu/Sazandro), it won't see much use outside of in-game stuff.

Xine

I LIEK U
    Years
  • i liek dis one :

when i first time saw it, i was like "ohh, im sooo totally get this one !"

i dun liek dis one :

hell, normal hihidaruma was ugly enough, but this thing ?
    no. just, no.

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
  • Doredia would grow on me (lolpun) if it were not for the fact that my Rhö (my Roserade) hates her. :C

Rhö said:
    Don't you DARE to have HER in the team or catfighting grassfighting WILL happen! I will make deadweed out of this ho with my Sludge Bomb >:3

...lol I know I'm retarded, but seriously, Roserade has every reason to hate Doredia, namely the fact that Doredia learns Butterfly Dance (raises SpA, SpD, Spe) and can pull off Petal Dance at will without fear of being confused thanks to its Own Tempo ability. I happen to love Petal Dance, y'see, and Roserade with Butterfly Dance + Petal Dance would be ungodly.

Thankfully Doredia will probably never see the light of OU most of the time due to its absolutis horribilis movepool (Hidden Power, Hyper Beam, Dream Eater + Grass moves... lol), but it's otherwise a very cool Pokemon despite Roserades everywhere hatin' on her 'cause she got Butterfly Dance, XD.

I'm so glad Jaroda is not Grass/Poison, you don't even know. -.-

Also, I really love Daikenki and Emboar now even though I hated them at first, especially the latter (which I love enough at the moment to have in my six faves team, hurr durr, though this is subject to change, as I really, really, really, really, really like Flammoth, aka Urgamoth, aka Winmoth).

Martins

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2014
    i dun liek dis one :

hell, normal hihidaruma was ugly enough, but this thing ?
    no. just, no.

Wha...? I did not see one. Is it one of the Pokémon? I cannot find it. I might be blind..

Edit: Oh..

Years
  • Doredia would grow on me (lolpun) if it were not for the fact that my Rhö (my Roserade) hates her. :C

...lol I know I'm retarded, but seriously, Roserade has every reason to hate Doredia, namely the fact that Doredia learns Butterfly Dance (raises SpA, SpD, Spe) and can pull off Petal Dance at will without fear of being confused thanks to its Own Tempo ability. I happen to love Petal Dance, y'see, and Roserade with Butterfly Dance + Petal Dance would be ungodly.

Thankfully Doredia will probably never see the light of OU most of the time due to its absolutis horribilis movepool (Hidden Power, Hyper Beam, Dream Eater + Grass moves... lol), but it's otherwise a very cool Pokemon despite Roserades everywhere hatin' on her 'cause she got Butterfly Dance, XD.

I'm so glad Jaroda is not Grass/Poison, you don't even know. -.-

Also, I really love Daikenki and Emboar now even though I hated them at first, especially the latter (which I love enough at the moment to have in my six faves team, hurr durr, though this is subject to change, as I really, really, really, really, really like Flammoth, aka Urgamoth, aka Winmoth).

I feel the same. Roserade and Doreida= <3

Once i saw Emboar's moveset, I warmed up to him. Head Smash, Flare Blitz and presumably a powerful Fighting STAB? Yessir. Although I might get him in White, and Jaroda in Black, that way i can use Doredia in White.

Years
  • After a while, I've began to love some Pokemon that I used to hate. x3
    And there's the fact that my post has been Dittotized. >.>

Ones that I love <3

Spoiler:

Ones that I hate </3

Spoiler:

And that's pretty much it... Also, has anyone noticed how almost every legendary is in some sort of trio? There's now the Fighting trio, genie trio, and the main legendary trio. What ever happened to there just being ONE trio? =/

Last edited:

Kai Yamato

Lone Soldier
    Years
  • The majority of them... are just terrible. They don't look any different from the fake Pokemon drawn over the years. I got one friend saying they look like monsters from Mother.

But man, I know Ken Sugimori isn't designing all of them anymore and it's supposed to be "fresh." But there isn't a balance of cute, ugly, cool, etc. anymore. It's just... blegh.

Only a few I like. :/ Like Wargle.

Oh and Emboar. What the heck? Can they not go a generation WITHOUT a fire starter that evolves into a fighting type? Redundancy at its best.

Years
  • Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites
    and
    are my favourite because they look cool.​

I actually despise
    . the first just looks like a copy of magnaton and the evolutions are just gears stuck on. Not impressed.

Years
  • Nearly all of the new pokemons are horrible and a failure. I think this gen is absolutly the worst of all that were ever made. This is going to make me quit from pokemon for sure and I`m not even buying the new gens when they are released.

Project.

Tarot reading;
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    A lot of them look like edited sprites... Ah well. But a lot of them are original. I can't wait when it comes out for USA next year. I dont bother with other language games.

Pumpkin Fields

King of Carrot Flowers
    Years
  • Am I seriously the only one who loves the red headed dragon?!

This thing pure awesomeness. It's the only dragon Pokemon I've ever actually liked, aside from Dragonair.

Shadow01192

RK9 Unit
    Years
  • Favorite thus far, Reshiram awesome and needed typing that is just plain nice.
    least favorite thus far, Swanna it's a bad remake of pelipper
    My pick for land of forgotten pokemon Gamageroge. It's just going to be outclassed by swampert but water ground is a good type that this pokemon could have been if they would have decided what they wanted it to do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back