• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Heh, I know EXACTLY what you mean with the first one. x3
    And ever since I saw the final form's animated sprite, I started to hate it. It uses those two flippers as feet, apparently. It just looks... awkward. :x

If it did not bounce around so much it would be fine... I found the flippers okay, just not the way they demonstrated it's movement.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Heh, I know EXACTLY what you mean with the first one. x3
    And ever since I saw the final form's animated sprite, I started to hate it. It uses those two flippers as feet, apparently. It just looks... awkward. :x

Where did you see the animated sprite from? The normal sprite looks as though it has one flipper.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Where did you see the animated sprite from? The normal sprite looks as though it has one flipper.

There are a few wifi battles on Youtube where a trainer uses it... it moves around A LOT!

Years

There are a few wifi battles on Youtube where a trainer uses it... it moves around A LOT!

Cynthia also uses one in the battle with the player. :) I guess as a lamprey its supposed to wiggle, but it never stops moving it seems.

I group it in the 'Warming up' category for me. I don't hate it, but as time goes by I'll like it more I think.

King Gumball

Years

Oh okay. I really wish time would move faster so i can get the games.

Based on a lamprey hey.. Yuck they are worse than leeches. Their mouths are so weird and disgusting.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Eew I looked them up and theyare disgusting...
    Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

This looks like something out of CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS! Seriously...

Thingula

How do you change this text?
    Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2014
    I like just about everything that I've seen so far (even though some of the new Pokemo look wierd, like that dog that looks like my Shihtzu :P). I just wish that the "follow me" feature was still present. :/

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    oh god i knew there was a reason I liked Mamanbou. this thing has been growing steadily on me ever since i saw it; I don't care about Faildisk so it didn't matter to me that it doesn't evolve into Mamanbou. Actually, I prefer that it doesn't, since I strongly dislike (very strongly, in fact) Luvdisc. XD

First of all, understand that while 165 / 80 Def / 45 spDef might seem stupid, it actually works out just fine. When you give Mamanbou a careful nature, and you have the EV spread I have, this sunshine girl will have 526 / 206 / 206 (at level 100, with 31 IVs in each of these stats, which mine will deffo have) in each defensive stat respectively, which is actually quite bulky when you consider the thing only has 2 weak, so unless it's a SE move or something atrociously powerful like Chandelar's Shadow Ball, sunfishy will be fine (it learns Light Screen).

Second of all, understand that Mamanbou isn't designed for offense; 75 attack and 40 spA is, simply put, idiotic. However, it doesn't matter, because the thing was supposed to be supportive anyway. It can Light Screen for its teammates, it can use Safeguard to prevent status, it can use Heal Beam on its mates in a double or triple battle (thus healing half their health), it can use Wide Guard to protect its mates from moves that would otherwise hit them all (and in doing so, allows them to set up) and it can even use Rest in sync with Rain Dance activated Hydration.

But of course, the award-winning thing about this fish is that it can use Regeneration in tandem with Wish. No other Pokemon can do that, except Tabunne, and her typing is worse than Mamanbou's, not to mention she hasn't got 165 hit points under her belt. Plus I hate her (she looks so stupid, seriously) so she doesn't count; plz 2 be usin' Clefable or Blissey instead, thanks. Ofc, Mamanbou will not see much use outside UU, but still, it's a pretty damn good pogey in my book.

So yes, I love this thing. It's a perfect support Pokemon; who in your team (whatever it happens to be!) wouldn't welcome a Light Screen + Wish Ofc, if you have an excess of Grass + Electric weak you should probably not use her, but my team has no fear of Grass or Electric moves at all, so they cover both Mamanbou and Cloyster perfectly (Roserade packs a double resistance to Grass, Mebukijika is actually immune to it, Jaroda resists both, and Torterra is immune to electricity). So for me, Mamanbou is a winning addition to my team.

Also, ocean sunfish irl are win. :D They feed on jellyfish (that's why Mamanbou is next to the Water/Ghosts, hurr durr).

Samoo

GPX+ Fan ~ Click The Eggs :]
    Years
    Kibago/Ononundo/Ononokuso

I effing love. So much. I want a Shiny One even if it's a horrible Green :D

Also, Shijikii and it's evolution, Denchura, Mijumaru line and Choroneko line too :)

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
    Mijimaru

I like Mijimaru, and its evolutions, i know im defenitely gonna pick it,but i like pokabu's final evolution (can't remember the name) aswell so im gonna trade with my sister.

xTsutarjax

The Grass Snake Pokemon
    Years
    I like tsutarja and it's evolutions,I liked the ice cream one,choroneko andf the pokeball mushroom :3
    My least favorites are the Gear line.
    Just look at the third evo.It changes a lot from the second one?It just has a circle and one more gear of difference.Really,even diglett or magnemite evolutions were more interesting.
    And if you look closer,Gigear's gears(Not the big one)looks the SAME as Gear,only the second one was a little edited.

Sorry if anyone is gear's fan,I just don't like poor designed evolutions and pokemon

Last edited:

orange discontent

pogeymans?
    Years
    Gear should have been a clock. I'm surprised it's just gears.

I like most of their designs and the amount of Pokemon, but I think that some spots are just wasteful. 6 spots go to the elemental monkey things and their evolutions, for instance.

King Gumball

Years
    oh god i knew there was a reason I liked Mamanbou. this thing has been growing steadily on me ever since i saw it; I don't care about Faildisk so it didn't matter to me that it doesn't evolve into Mamanbou. Actually, I prefer that it doesn't, since I strongly dislike (very strongly, in fact) Luvdisc. XD

First of all, understand that while 165 / 80 Def / 45 spDef might seem stupid, it actually works out just fine. When you give Mamanbou a careful nature, and you have the EV spread I have, this sunshine girl will have 526 / 206 / 206 (at level 100, with 31 IVs in each of these stats, which mine will deffo have) in each defensive stat respectively, which is actually quite bulky when you consider the thing only has 2 weak, so unless it's a SE move or something atrociously powerful like Chandelar's Shadow Ball, sunfishy will be fine (it learns Light Screen).

Second of all, understand that Mamanbou isn't designed for offense; 75 attack and 40 spA is, simply put, idiotic. However, it doesn't matter, because the thing was supposed to be supportive anyway. It can Light Screen for its teammates, it can use Safeguard to prevent status, it can use Heal Beam on its mates in a double or triple battle (thus healing half their health), it can use Wide Guard to protect its mates from moves that would otherwise hit them all (and in doing so, allows them to set up) and it can even use Rest in sync with Rain Dance activated Hydration.

But of course, the award-winning thing about this fish is that it can use Regeneration in tandem with Wish. No other Pokemon can do that, except Tabunne, and her typing is worse than Mamanbou's, not to mention she hasn't got 165 hit points under her belt. Plus I hate her (she looks so stupid, seriously) so she doesn't count; plz 2 be usin' Clefable or Blissey instead, thanks. Ofc, Mamanbou will not see much use outside UU, but still, it's a pretty damn good pogey in my book.

So yes, I love this thing. It's a perfect support Pokemon; who in your team (whatever it happens to be!) wouldn't welcome a Light Screen + Wish Ofc, if you have an excess of Grass + Electric weak you should probably not use her, but my team has no fear of Grass or Electric moves at all, so they cover both Mamanbou and Cloyster perfectly (Roserade packs a double resistance to Grass, Mebukijika is actually immune to it, Jaroda resists both, and Torterra is immune to electricity). So for me, Mamanbou is a winning addition to my team.

Also, ocean sunfish irl are win. :D They feed on jellyfish (that's why Mamanbou is next to the Water/Ghosts, hurr durr).

I LOVE LUVDISC :(

But Manembou looks better and is much more stronger. For a non evolving pokemon its stats are pretty good, and I wouldn't use in in game battles because of all the defensive moves it leans (and in every gen I whiz through it playing offensively with only attacking moves) But I am sure it will be used in a lot of teams in competitive battling because of its defensive moves and stats.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
    Let's see...

Tsutaja and its evolutions are probably the best, along with Pokabu (only) and Mijumaru & Futachimaru.

Others would include the male Kohorou, Shimama & Zeburaika, Tabunne, Hahakurimo, Monmon & Erufuun, Churine & Doreida, Meguroko, Warubiru & Warubiaru, Purotooga & Abagoora, Aaken & Aakeosu, Zorua & Zoroark, Chiramii & Chirachiino (absolutely love chinchillas!), Koaruhii & Swanna (a much better-looking Water/Flying-type, in my opinion), Shikijika & Mebukijika, Denchura, Shibishirisu, Shibibiiru & Shibirudon (though it's animation is a little silly...), Kibago, Onondo & Ononokusu, Kumashun (absolutely cute...), Kojondo, Baffuron, Washibon & Wargle, Sazando, Meraruba (is it just me, or does it kind of remind others of FFVIII's Doomtrain...? xD;) & Urugamosu.

There are reasons for these choices, but I'm too lazy to list for them all... xD;;

For Legendaries, its a little more difficult, this Generation. Victini is probably the biggest stand-out Pokemon for me, but its cry can be pretty annoying to listen to... especially when trying to catch it. (even more so if you're going for good IVs and a specific nature... like I did...)

Kyuremu is probably another, but mostly because of its typing. Its design isn't really anything to shout home about.

Kobaruon & Birijion are two specific Pokemon that I don't really like the design of; they more or less look a little like modified Arceus sprites to me-- at least from the screen shots that PokeBeach and Serebii had of them, before they were taken down...

Kerudio doesn't look too bad.

Well... that's about it. I guess I could say something about the other Pokemon I'm not fond of, but I'm feeling too lazy to do that... xD;

King Gumball

Years
    OMG IT IS SOOOOOOO STRONG!

Base stats:

HP: 383
    Att: 128
    Def: 278
    SpAtt: 348
    SpDef: 278
    Sp:178
    Toatal: 540

Max stats:

Hp: 414
    Att: 159
    Def: 309
    Spatt: 379
    SpDef: 309
    Sp: 209

It is such a Special Attack power house and the good defensive stats make up for the lack in speed. And it is Psychic/Fire typing too, so It can learn some of the most powerful special attacks!

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
    OMG IT IS SOOOOOOO STRONG!

Base stats:

HP: 383
    Att: 128
    Def: 278
    SpAtt: 348
    SpDef: 278
    Sp:178
    Toatal: 540

Max stats:

Hp: 414
    Att: 159
    Def: 309
    Spatt: 379
    SpDef: 309
    Sp: 209

It is such a Special Attack power house and the good defensive stats make up for the lack in speed. And it is Psychic/Fire typing too, so It can learn some of the most powerful special attacks!

...How do you get 540 by adding up 383 + 128 + 278 + 348 + 278 + 178? ;P Those aren't its base stats, but rather its max stats at level 50. Am I correct to assume you copypasta'd them from Veekun? Anyway, its actual base stats are 105, 30, 105, 140, 105, 55 (from HP to Speed), and yes, they're impressive, given its good offensive typing (which it only shares with Victini, right?).

But regardless of that, I despise the thing. As if Hihidaruma wasn't hideous enough, it becomes even more ugly when it's in Daruma mode! It's kind of amazingly vomit-inducing. XD

...No offense if you like the thing but I cannot stand it at all, ewww.

King Gumball

Years

...How do you get 540 by adding up 383 + 128 + 278 + 348 + 278 + 178? ;P Those aren't its base stats, but rather its max stats at level 50. Am I correct to assume you copypasta'd them from Veekun? Anyway, its actual base stats are 105, 30, 105, 140, 105, 55 (from HP to Speed), and yes, they're impressive, given its good offensive typing (which it only shares with Victini, right?).

But regardless of that, I despise the thing. As if Hihidaruma wasn't hideous enough, it becomes even more ugly when it's in Daruma mode! It's kind of amazingly vomit-inducing. XD

...No offense if you like the thing but I cannot stand it at all, ewww.

Oh lol I added up the wrong stats. I wrote down its lv 100 stats with no ev's.

540 is its base stats.

I think it is a little ugly too, but compared with the red alternate evo, it is quite cute. (I cant stand the red one)

vobgro

Pokabu Pokabu Pokabu Pokabu
    Years
    • Seen Sep 13, 2012
    Could the steel ant be the bug pokemon that team plasma modified into genosect? they have the name typing...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back