• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
  • Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

I will be using this. I love it's competitive abilities. It's my favorite Pokemon so far to use Boiling Water in a moveset. It's shiny form gives it that Ghost-Type feel too.

I love the female shiny sprite heaps. I will use the male in the games, although.

I like how they have different crowns on their head to represent king and queen.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    The only bug I really love is Denchura. The others (even apparently the ugliest one, like, the purple one) actually aren't that bad as a whole, but I still dunno what I think regarding the moth.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • The only bug I really love is Denchura. The others (even apparently the ugliest one, like, the purple one) actually aren't that bad as a whole, but I still dunno what I think regarding the moth.
    I think the moth is awesome because it has one of my most awaited type combinations--Bug/Fire. It looks cool, too.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I LOVE how they made so many Bug Pokemon that you can actually use this time around. Next generation the Poison-Type better get the same treatment or I'm coming at them with razor blades & lemon juice!

Seriously, this is the only Poison-Type that I like this time around... and even then I don't LOVE it.
    Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Asrodrig

#1 Meowth fan
    Years
  • Emonga is my favorite! What's not to love about a flying Pakirisu?
    As far as least favorite: Mamanbou.
    Oh I see, it evolves from Luvdisc.
    Wait, it doesn't evolve from Luvdisc.
    So essentially, it's just a rehash of Luvdisc.
    Doubleyew. Tee. Eff.

Umbrella

Rihanna's The Queen, You Mad?
    Years
  • The only bug I really love is Denchura. The others (even apparently the ugliest one, like, the purple one) actually aren't that bad as a whole, but I still dunno what I think regarding the moth.

Genesect is the absolute worst legend ever. Now if it was sort of like a random pokemon that was created like Porygon that you receive, that would be nice. But for it to be the last Pokemon in the Pokedex, um no. Meloetta could take it out with a Close Combat.

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
  • I've decided to make a list of my favourite and Least Favourite's too!

Favourites:
    I absolutely Love Erufuun! I think it's the cutest Pokemon Alive, Plus sheep are my favourite animals! ;) I currently have her on my team, I do find it a little on the weak side but I love it anyway

Hihidaruma is Tied in first place as one of my favourites, He's so strong and mostly faster than any pokemon I face in the game, he's currently my strongest pokemon at lv 60 and I love him to bits, plus his grin is so evil its awesome!

I just like him coz he's cute and unloved, also his last evo is awesome.

I love this guy, he's like an awesome Quagsire! Good defense, Sturdy as an ability is awesome and he only has one weakness!

I've never actually used this pokemon but I really love his design, so he's one of my favs in that regard.

I adore Shandera! A fire ghost pokemon is something I have wanted for ages, I think he's a little slow but I love using him anyway, and his shiny version is awesome!!

Love it coz it's super cute!

Also one of my strongest in my game atm. I find his attack power is really good and he can take a hit!

Least Favourites:

I HATE these guys, I can't even understand them, their sprites are so lazy and their colours are ugly. they're just a waste to me.

Just not a fan of the design and the fact that it has no evo

Looks like a kid drew it and then ran out of blue colour so finished it off in red, I'm not a fan.

WORST pokemon ever :( It's hideous. Not sure how it works in battle tho, it might be awesome but to me its just wrong and cruel!

I alwasy forget this thing and its preevo exist

If you turned this thing on its side it'd be a loveheart with hands and feet asking for a hug, its gross.

Never been a fan, just don't like how it looks

Do I even need to say anything?

Their ugly and kinda useless, don't like how they look, they're nothing compared to Lee and Chan, and I don't usually compare old gens with new gens.

YUCK, YUCK, YUCK, YUCK! This thing and the evo before it have to be my most hated pokemon ever!!!

Actually he's pretty bad too, those veins!! No thanks!

Last one I am going to list, coz the list is getting pretty long but ugh I don't like how this looks! whats with the hair and the dress? its just bad! Its hair reminds me of Whoopy Golberg or whatever her name is!

THE END

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    i thought antario evolved into genesect.. just a random thought

King Gumball

Years
  • I LOVE how they made so many Bug Pokemon that you can actually use this time around. Next generation the Poison-Type better get the same treatment or I'm coming at them with razor blades & lemon juice!

Seriously, this is the only Poison-Type that I like this time around... and even then I don't LOVE it.

A centipede pokemon :) Bout time. Although it looks like a squishy centipede..... Eww.

I like the
    better. Preying Mantis FTW!!!

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015

This one? ^

Well compared to Ononokusu and Sazandoraa, no. Its thoroughly outclassed in terms of Stats and move pool. Think of it as a Gen V. Altaria, it just doesn't compare to the other dragons in its generation. :/

Nooope. There is one reason for this, and one reason only (hint: it's a stat).

Let's analyse the speed of every Dragon Pokemon ever:

80, 85, 90, 95, 97, 98, 100, 102, 110 vs 48

Altaria & Dragonite sit at the lowest (80), followed by Kingdra's 85 (doubled when SS activates, and Rain is going to be more common this gen, so take note of this), then we have four legends with 90 speed (Dialga, Giratina, Reshiram, Zekrom) and two slightly faster legends (Rayquaza, Kyurem) with 95 speed. Our two non-legend dragons this gen (Ononokusu & Hydragon) are slightly faster with 97 and 98 respectively, and then we have Flygon, Salamance and Palkia with 100 speed. Finally, we have the three fastest Dragons of all time with 102 (Garchomp) and 110 (Lati@s).

"WHAT DOES THIS MEANNNN???"

It means Kurimugan is the first NU Dragon of all time. 77/90/90 defenses aren't gonna cut it; even Altaria outclasses this thing, which is just sad.

WHEN ALTARIA OUTCLASSES YOU, YOU KNOW IT IN YOUR HEART YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING WRONG AS A DRAGON. If played right, Altaria can beat this thing, and despite her craptastic offenses, only a fool would choose Kurimugan over Altaria to use in the lower tiers.

I feel so bad for this thing (GF hates it), I can't even express myself properly. Its attack doesn't mean a thing and neither does its defenses; if you're going to be the slowest Dragon OF ALL TIME, you need to have Giratina-esque defenses or you'll be outclassed, outsped and killed by every other Dragon plus anything packing Ice Beam or strong Ice moves, like Skill Link Icicle Spear Cloyster (which WILL kill this thing because it's faster, and Icicle Spear is a dangerously powerful move when used by Cloyster, period).

"Well, there must be something it can do...?"

XD No. At least Altaria has Natural Cure/Cloud Nine, bulk and access to Dragon Dance which works well with said bulk, but this thing can't Dragon Dance, its abilities are meh, and yes, if it hits you, it'll put a dent for sure (120 Attack is great, although almost every other Dragon has it better) but that'll be about it. It will get hit hard, dish out one hit, then get killed.

I don't even hate it; I don't hate any Dragon Pokemon as of date, although most of them definitely don't interest me. But the thing that gets me is just how not good this thing is. It may not be bad compared to Delcatty, but by Dragon standards, this thing is a joke, an abomination, a one leg one arm soldier. XD If those 90 defenses were on his HP and Speed respectively instead of its defenses, it'd have a chance, but as it is? Hell no. XD

seriously why are yall insulting Altaria? clearly you both dont have any idea how to use it, or youd be saying its way overpowered, my altaria is a ***** to kill cuz its got the highest defenses out of all non-uber dragons, even higher than the pseudo-legends, EV it in defenses, & it aint dying anytime soon,combine that with natural cure, bam, both poison& burn became useless
    id like to see Garchomp survive an ice beam :cer_laugh: my altaria can, i dont see any other dragon types doing that :P

plus that is the retard dragon, whoever was smoking something when they made that shouldve switched that with its shiny, the shiny looks far better.

now dont insult Altaria again,or ill dust off my platinum& hand you,&your entire teams ass with her.

A centipede pokemon :) Bout time. Although it looks like a squishy centipede..... Eww.

I like the
    better. Preying Mantis FTW!!!

*points to Scyther* THATS a preying mantis, THIS is a:

Last edited:

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • Rankurusu has grown on me and now i love it as well. it has really great bulk and it greatly compliments my Camerupt with Trick Room.

welcome to the team, CYTOS!

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021

It does look rather squishy doesnt it... It's design is awesome but when I imagine touching it I think of a velvet worm...

Devil Flamingo

→ Loves Defense
    Years
  • Alright, now that it's been a while, I've had some time to gather my thoughts on all the new Grassers, sooo here it goes...

- - - - - - - - -

You could write a 10-page essay on why Jaroda is the coolest Grass starter ever (bar Torterra <3) and it wouldn't be enough. I've lost track of how often I've raved about this thing both here, in my LJ and elsewhere. XD Horrible offensive movepool, but my god, Coil, Mean Look, Glare, Calm Mind, Reflect and Light Screen? Holy crap is this guy awesome or what. Ofc, it's his DW ability what really makes him a star; Antagonist/Contrarian/Perversity is simply epic win on anything that learns Leaf Storm or any such move, period. I love his stats and his design, and in due time he'll get niftier offensive moves, so I'm not too worried about the fact that Dragon Tail, Hidden Power, Iron Tail, Pursuit and Rock Smash is all he's got for type coverage, lol.

Elvis monkey is the coolest thing since The King himself. Look at them offenses! 98/98/101. How many Grass types have it that good? Admittedly I wasn't overly fond of him at first but he's grown on me quite a bit indeed. His abilities are none too useful, but he's got some nifty moves like Crunch, Brick Break, Shadow Claw, Focus Blast and the epic win that is Nasty Plot (plus ofc Claw Sharpen and Cheer Up). Good pogey for sure, though a Fighting typing would have been nice to exploit his Fighting moves. Additional weak wouldn't matter since his defenses aren't good at all anyway.

An amazing upgrade from Parasect and Wormadam; the former is best used defensively or for support, and the latter is simply crap. Hahakurimo is a beauty and she's incredibly kind; stats-wise she's got good attack, cool speed, and alright defenses. Her two STAB moves are awesome and she's got a decent movepool as well as access to ever-useful Baton Pass. Her DW ability is good (better than her regular ones anyway), and the fact that she's just not another hapless bug is simply awesome (talk about an upgrade from Crap-a-tune, aka Kricketune). I bet Nando would love to have her on his team.

Yeah, I adore this thing a little too much. Elfoon is the cutest thing ever and along with Tangrowth, Meganium and Jaroda, he's the best pure Grass type of all times. I am disappoint that he is NOT part Ghost, as there's NO REASON why he cannot be; everything about it from the fact that it floats, it slips through cracks, its ability is called Mischievous Heart, it gets Shadow Ball and so on and so forth hints of Grass-Ghost. But fine, he's cool anyway. To be honest I thought he was just a bad Jumpluff at first, then I saw his defenses are just as good, and unlike Jumpluff, his spA is usable (average-ish, but usable), he's got better speed, a great ability, is way cuter, and while he cannot use Sleep Powder, he's got Cotton Guard and Gale, and that alone means he outclasses Jumpluff period. As a SubSeeder, the fact that Elfoon can make use of Gale means most Grass types not named Cradily or Nuttre cannot and will not switch into Elfoon trying to wall him, lest they get blown away by the little fairy's monster-wind. If used against you, you will surely come to hate Elfoon, but if you're the one using it, fun times are ahead because on top of the aforementioned goodies, he's also capable of using Encore, Switcheroo, and Memento, and thanks to his ability and great speed he will always go first when using support moves (unless the foe is using Aqua Jet or such) and even when he's not he'll almost always go first because only a handful of things have base speed greater than 116... tl;dr - Elfoon rocks. <3

Well, she's pretty, and her spA is great, plus has access to Sleep Powder, learns Butterfly Dance, and her Own Tempo makes Petal Dance's confusion side-effect a non-issue. Great, right? Well... yes and no. Defensively, it's outclassed by Vileplume. Offensively, it's outclassed by Roserade. And her movepool sucks in terms of variety. Still, it's not a bad Pokemon in any way, and her design is gorgeous, plus it's got better speed than Vileplume and better defenses than Roserade. I prefer Elfoon, but if you like Doredia, please, please, PLEASE make use of the awesomeness that is Stun Spore + Teeter Dance, or else Sleep Powder + Butterfly Dance, and don't bother with Chlorophyll or Leaf Guard, since Own Tempo'd Petal Dance is the best thing since Leaf Storm appeared in the game.

It can like, absorb water. Okay, what else can it do? Er, not much. Good design, good offenses, bad defenses, horrible speed. Yeah, I wouldn't bother using this thing; if you need a cactus pokemon, use Cacturne in sync with SandStream, where it can shine. This thing can't even Stun Spore stuff to inflict status and then go first next turn. It's just a bad Cacturne with a cool ability and a funky design; aka easily the worst Grass pogey this gen. :>

It can switch into Grass moves with impunity, its appearance changes with the seasons, it's reminiscent of Bambi's father, and its signature move is the physical version of Giga Drain. What's not to love? Good speed, good attack, and yes, mediocre defenses, but he's got what he needs, and that's good enough for me. It even learns Jump Kick and Wild Bolt, aka two awesome moves. It's definitely the best Grass design of the entire gen along with the starter and Elfoon. A must-have for sure, and bound for greatness in UU where most Grass types are found.

Apathyshroom does not give a damn about being so tiny, having Pokeballs for hands and being the fifth Grass/Poison in Pokehistory. In fact, he doesn't even give a damn about the haters; just look at his face being all "I don't give a schsch" and you'll see what I mean. Great abilities, particularly Regeneration (DW) and good defensive stats (works well with his typing) as well as okay offenses and access to Spore means this guy will be pretty good in UU. I like him lots and was tempted to get one, but I'll wait to access DW first; Regeneration on this thing is just epic, since it absorbs Toxic Spikes and thanks to its ability it has nothing to fear from SR or Spikes. :D

Nuttre is easily the best Grass type this generation type-wise. Two weakness on a Grass type? Unheard of! And more resistances than you can count on your fingers, plus access to Leech Seed and all entry hazards except Toxic Spikes. Its pathetic speed isn't a problem given that he gets Thunder Wave and his defenses are Forretress-esque, except better. Definitely using this thing; its ability works incredibly well with his typing and defenses. <3

Well, it's pretty (both regular and shiny) and it's got good stats; unfortunately its typing isn't very good defensively. Apparently GF didn't catch onto this fact so they decidedly gave her 129 spDef for no reason despite having no access to Leech Seed, Synthesis, Morning Sun or even Recover. It's a good design but just like with Breloom, it ain't my cup of tea. Speaking of which, Breloom outclasses this thing despite her having great speed (which he does not, but then again, he's got Poison Heal and Spore). Her ability isn't great, albeit it's got some uses, but hey, at least she's got Swords Dance and Calm Mind, which means even with 90/90 offenses she's bound to find a place in someone's team for sure. All in all Viridian is cool, but I don't think I'll use her.

- - - - - - - - -

Well that was exhausting. Next time I'll do Water types; got a lot to say on those guys too. :P

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020

Definitely two Pokémon I simply admire. Rankurusu, as well as it's pre-evolutions have a jello and "star" (by this I mean one of those Pokémon that bounds to have many fans at some point) appearance. Both the shiny and non-shiny have a unique style, and I think this was a great idea to have made; thumbs up to Nintendo and GameFreak. :)

Birigion's sprite approach looks very majestic and serene. It has a similar stance as Arceus; the leg positions mainly but it's still a Pokémon I'd love to encounter. I haven't seen its battle animation yet, and I should probably do that soon. :o The shiny for this pokémon fits in perfectly even though they just switched from a green fill to pink spots to a pink fill to green spots. Birijoin is my favorite out of the other two; Terakion and Kobaruon.

King Gumball

Years
  • A centipede pokemon :) Bout time. Although it looks like a squishy centipede..... Eww.

It does look rather squishy doesnt it... It's design is awesome but when I imagine touching it I think of a velvet worm...

OMG that clears things up. That would be so gross to step on!

VOLROC:-- LOL my bad >.< It looks like a preyinmg mantis first glance though. But showing me that picture of a ...... Leaf insect thing, it looks just like
    (I am terrible with names of Japanese pokes)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back