• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    That's a lie... I've been expressing my love them and all of the legendary Pokemon since their reveal... I'm actually not even sure which one I ill use since I like all three so much.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Some of the new legendaries have their monstrosity appearance more than the other Pokémon fields of type and design. Sure I'd say "Wow, some of these legendaries look really monstrous o_O" but that's the whole point of Pocket Monsters. Although some would say they are becoming more and more like Digimon with the designs, I don't really agree. Pokémon is a continuing game with generation storylines, battling and challenges/missions different from Digimon. Sure the Pokémon can look similar but the game's main point is far different.

...Anyway, I think the genie trio is alright. They aren't half bad and they have their uniqueness, I suppose I can say. They sure do fit the genie title (with the hints of their parts in appearance such as the cloud and folded arms from one of the trio), and even if they're not the best out of the group, they're not completely repulsive either. Then again a lot of the B/W Pokémon have grown to from my first opinions. xD;

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • The genie trio looks the same to me, except for their colors and the rings on their clouds. GF could've given them different facial expressions to make themselves more unique among one another.

Rankurusu

WHITE VERSION AT LAST!!
    Years
  • The genie trio looks the same to me, except for their colors and the rings on their clouds. GF could've given them different facial expressions to make themselves more unique among one another.
    Ditto here. Something tells me they were originaly planned to be one pokemon, but they were split.

Spacial Sage

i don't care if you don't.
    Years
  • Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

I think this dude needs more love. He's really cool and I could see Zuruki (mine <3) and I walkin' around school with out pants hangin' down. B] Plus it's a lizard! It's like it was made for me!

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015
    Your opinions of B/W Pokémon - Favourites and Least Favourites

I think this dude needs more love. He's really cool and I could see Zuruki (mine <3) and I walkin' around school with out pants hangin' down. B] Plus it's a lizard! It's like it was made for me!

I prefer Zuruggu over Zuruzukin. It's much cuter.

<3 Zuruzukin. Though that's mostly because of the discarded Zuruggu cape still on its back. A very creative idea if you ask me.

I think the cape looks more like a hoodie.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Ditto here. Something tells me they were originaly planned to be one pokemon, but they were split.

They might b triplets :) Who knows. I dont like them, they are identical so a nah nah for me seeing as they aren't different forms of each other.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...you know, if they were planned to be one, that'd be a pretty ugly Pokemon. :x In my opinion, I think they just needed three filler legendaries to fill up the PokeDex and as a result, altered a few fe------

Ooh I get it. There's three because there are three wishes granted by genies and each genie represents a wish! Which means they can't be planned to have been one. :D

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I like the three wishes idea but Jirachi >>>>>>>>>>> only three wishes...

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • I prefer Zuruggu over Zuruzukin. It's much cuter.

I think the cape looks more like a hoodie.

I agree. Zuruzukin sort of looks like a weird cartoon rooster/chicken...maybe it's the color scheme? Too much orange? :\

...you know, if they were planned to be one, that'd be a pretty ugly Pokemon. :x In my opinion, I think they just needed three filler legendaries to fill up the PokeDex and as a result, altered a few fe------

Ooh I get it. There's three because there are three wishes granted by genies and each genie represents a wish! Which means they can't be planned to have been one. :D

Nice find! As for my opinion of the legendary raijin/genies, their design is a bit icky. Tornelos looks like an alternate interpretation of Barney, Voltolos is trying to imitiate Darkrai's tuft of "hair" but fails miserably, and Landlos's tail looks like a paintbrush waiting to whack someone into oblivion. Their shiny colorations help alleviate the pain...but the spots look unnecessary. The cloud thing is a nice idea (Voltolos should've had a gray one for the shiny at least!), but some of the tails look slightly awkward. The posing really aggravates me - at least all of the other trios had the decency to pose somewhat differently.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well, although Jirachi is technically the wishmaker Pokemon, ... Game Freak recycles ideas, for example, Celebi compared to Dialga, which both represent time in a sense. In a way, the legendary base concepts are usually recycled, in some way. Though I do prefer Jirachi (surprisingly), just saying that in general (and not really related to your point), the three genies are different and should be compared to those in their own generation, rather than past generations.

By the way, I'm kind of out of the loop and the other day it only really dawned on me that Sazando is dark/dragon, lol :(

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • Well, although Jirachi is technically the wishmaker Pokemon, ... Game Freak recycles ideas, for example, Celebi compared to Dialga, which both represent time in a sense. In a way, the legendary base concepts are usually recycled, in some way. Though I do prefer Jirachi (surprisingly), just saying that in general (and not really related to your point), the three genies are different and should be compared to those in their own generation, rather than past generations.

By the way, I'm kind of out of the loop and the other day it only really dawned on me that Sazando is dark/dragon, lol :(

I can't remember clearly but it's pokedex say that it hunts down other pokemon :O That is the first pokemon is actually revealed to fly around and hunt down pokemon it sees. That is probably why it got the dark type.

twistedpuppy

Siriusly Twisted
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2015

I can't remember clearly but it's pokedex say that it hunts down other pokemon :O That is the first pokemon is actually revealed to fly around and hunt down pokemon it sees. That is probably why it got the dark type.

Actually Pidgeotto's FireRed dex entry says it hunts Exeggcute. I'm pretty happy with Sazandora's typing. I'm just not all that pleased with it's design. The origin of it being a Hydra is very interesting, but I think they could have done better.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Actually Pidgeotto's FireRed dex entry says it hunts Exeggcute. I'm pretty happy with Sazandora's typing. I'm just not all that pleased with it's design. The origin of it being a Hydra is very interesting, but I think they could have done better.
    I actually like Sazandora's design, but the only thing I don't like about it is that the heads on its sides are brainless and are its hands. I have a theory about Sazandora: when it evolves from Jiheddo, the heads it had in that stage lose their brains in the process. However, it's possible that those heads have some degree of intelligence thanks to a cluster of nerves in them, which are controlled by the middle head.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I hate the hands for heads too, though the other two in its evolution line just don't appeal to me. XD; I guess it's due to their heads or something, but the final evolution I prefer surprisingly. :x

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I think Emboar actually looks better than those two. I've really sort of grown to like it and this actually looks much better than they did. :(

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I agree, Emboar isn't that bad in my opinion. I was pretty shocked at the turnout before it was said to be confirmed and while hoping it wasn't, the days and weeks went on and I learned to like it. Sure it's fierce, large appearance may be a little too overrated, but comparing it to Rhyperior and Magmortar makes him fit in and seem normal enough to be Pokabu's final evolution. The colors are used thoroughly for Emboar and I didn't quite like the pink used for Magmortar all that much before anyway. Rhyperior is decent, but Emboar has a bit more spark in appearance than it for me as well. Although turning from cute baby bacon to a large thick piece, I find it a nice Pokémon for those who prefer strong/fierce appearances over cute/small designs. I'd say it sure does have a tiny head compared to it's huge, tough body though. n_n

However that's just my two cents on Emboar's design. ;o

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back