• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your opinions on the 3-D aspects of the game.

2d VS 3D Your Opinion?

• Total voters

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    Your opinions on the 3-D aspects of Black & White.

I personally love the way this series is going. Adding these kind of effects was brilliant. So..what do you guys think?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I think its silly for anyone to hate them. Sure, I don't like the camera angles included in the very first video that was posted on Pokémon Sunday with that awkward angle, but anyone who hates them seems to be holding onto something that doesn't need holding on to. 3D graphics are something so little DS games have and they're such an improvement on the graphics from previous generations and bring justice to the fact that the characters look bulgy from Generation IV.

I agree with you, .EJ, the graphics are brilliant!

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    I personally think that introduction of the all new 3-D elements is definitely going to make the game playing experience a step higher from what we were used to. From what videos and pictures we've seen so far, it looks as if in some areas you get to see everything in a more panoramic view point (Protagonist walking in Hiun City) while in other areas you get a closer, more zoomed in view of your trainer and the surrounding areas (When the protagonist is walking down the street in Hiun). Although things look very pixelated at times, I feel that it's just going to bring the game to life even more compared to the four generations we've sat through with a bird's eye view. So as of now, I think I can say that I'm liking the new 3-D aspects, although it's going to be interesting to see how it gets broken down further once new videos/images are released.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Considering these games will be playable through the DS systems, if they hadn't upgraded the graphics to 3D like it is now, then it'll still give fans the feel that they are playing through Fourth Generation again, but just somewhere new. In some areas the 3D graphics implemented seem a little "odd" by camera angle, but no way near are they close to being terrible. It's this step that pushes the games and makes this generation another step up from all other past generations. I mean looking back at just the Fourth Generation to this, it's like a whole new game on a whole new system, but it isn't. So, I can definitely agree and say that the 3D aspects of Black and White have really improved these games alone from traveling through cities to the battle scenes.

If you want to go way back and compare RBGY to what we have here, then by all means, Pokémon has taken a gigantic leap and has definitely restarted the franchise once more.

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    From what I've seen of the 3D aspects so fr, I wouldn't say I hate it, but I'm not a big fan of it either. I think when the 3D aspects of Diamond and Pearl were new, that they were fantstic. I just think that the 3D spects for this game are a bit OTT.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    They've really improved since D/P/Pt. I love the 3D effects. You can finally see almost all sides of a building. Especially when you're walking left in Hiun/Huin/whateverthefudge City's Harbor and the angle of the camera turns while walking.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    It has been confirmed for the Nintendo DS (which is why there has been some complaints that the new games are not designed for the Nintendo 3DS.)

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
    Years
    Oh good. That means I can continue to crash my GPA update myself on the new Pokenews without needing to shell out any more than 40 bucks. In that case, huge thumbs up from me!

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
    I only have one word for this part of the game: Revolutionary.

Pokemon is now going through evolution and is going through a new age starting with Black and White. It's something that would blow the minds of old and new Pokemon fans alike.

But all in all, I'm left speechless. It's too amazing. D:

Exactly.

When I first heard that the games were to be 3D I was little concerned. I mean I love the HGSS graphics and with 3D everywhere I have to say I didn't really understand. I don't care if a movie is 2D or 3D especially when I have to pay more (which I was also worried about with these games.) But now that I've actually seen the game play, I don't have a worry in the world. They've done things I didn't know the DS could do and it looks stunning. I only have praise.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Why are threads discussing the diffrent aspects of BW popping up everywhere... we could disscusse this in the speculation thread or make a single tread discussing the aspects, the place the games are based one, ect.

Years
    Why are threads discussing the diffrent aspects of BW popping up everywhere... we could disscusse this in the speculation thread or make a single tread discussing the aspects, the place the games are based one, ect.

That would be a complete mess. This keeps things nice and organized, plus we won't have people randomly popping in and reposting information.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    That would be a complete mess. This keeps things nice and organized, plus we won't have people randomly popping in and reposting information.
    Agreed, this kinda popped up overnight lol.

Personally I love the 3D features. It shows us that Nintendo is pretty serious of improving on their games. I wonder what kind of 3D cut scenes they will do in the games.

EJ

everything is purple
    Years
    • FL
    • Seen Mar 19, 2022
    I loved those in HG/SS. When I first saw Lugia and Ho-Oh in action, I was super excited.

I expect something like that in Black/White since the 3-D is improved.

lx_theo

Game Developer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2013
    Perfect move to evolve the Pokemon series. Simple as that.

Back