• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your overall playtime to date?

Years
  • Since the games have been out for a month now (well, tomorrow it'll be, close enough), i'm curious as to how much time people have invested into it in that very time period. Have you been playing this thing like there's no tomorrow, or have you not logged much on it at all?

For me, i've logged 44.5 hours on Omega Ruby so far. That owes in part to having classes and papers to take care of throughout the first half of December, that and how I haven't gotten to attempting to find breeding material yet and i've transferred a few of my 5 IV'd Pokémon from X and not breeding them here. And that's the only playthrough i've done at the moment. I also had a tad over 25 hours when I beat the Champion.

How about you? How much have you tore into this thing so far? Discuss.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I currently have almost 68 hours on my Alpha Sapphire. I don't remember how many hours it took me to get to the Champion, but I'm pretty sure that it was less than 40.

Years
  • I've got 84 and a half hours on the clock currently - and still ticking.
    I've defeated the League at about 75 hours and completed the Delta Episode between 77 - 80 hours.
    Also I'm European so I had the game a week later... /sadface

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2017
    I have played 45 hours with my omega sapphire. :D
    And only 6 badges, because i played my games slowly. ^^
    I have train every pokemon and want become every items then i want beat the 7'th gym leader. x3

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I had been playing it every day since its release, but I guess I got bored of it at some point and took almost a week-long break from it. I finally started playing it again, participating in contests and working on my 'dex a little, when I stumbled upon a Shiny Diglett. That got me in the mood for Shiny-hunting again. After several failed attempts of DexNav chaining and horde encounters, I decided to go back to X to MM some.

So far I've logged 98 hours and 51 minutes.

Twilight-kun

Pokémon World Champion
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2023
    16 hours for the main story plus an additional 2 for the Delta Episode, then I restarted the game, which is about the same playtime I had for my original runthrough of Ruby

My longest playtime for a pokemon game was my Heartgold, with over 100 hours

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2015
    Ok... being from Europe, I got the game 1 week later, but I think I have too much free time lately. I have played 107 hours, and I have other 80 playing a game I bought a week later.

Not that I complain, anyway XD

Years
  • 89:47 as of this post. Took me about 35 to beat the story since I took it easy and tinkered around the region for hours on end, kind of surprised people rushed through everything in just 16-20 hours or so. That playtime will increase a lot over the next few months. :D

Warspirit

be nice to nice ❤️
    Years
  • Im at 18.07 hours (subtract 1 hour off because sometimes I just leave my DS running) and I'm not even on my 4th badge yet. When I bought the game I was still in classes + had finals a few weeks later so I couldn't play it very much. But even now that I'm out of school I'm still taking my time. I hate after you beat a game and then you sit there afterwards like "now what?" so I'm savouring every moment.

Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen Feb 26, 2024
    I've currently got about 38 hours, but it only took me about 17 to beat the champion and another 2 for the delta episode.

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • I am suddenly embarrassed to admit to the- give or take- 170 hours I logged in. Though most of that is being spent collecting eggs from the day care (and hatching them) while I multitask...so. um. yes.

Nakala Pri

Started playing it on November 22nd, finished the game yesterday, 20th of December. I actually completed it a lot faster then I usually complete Pokemon games.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I'm at 109:54.

I didn't beat the game until about ~80 hours in because I was taking it sooo slow, and post-game I've been doing a lot of Secret Base flag collecting and decorating, I've got a couple Pokémon fully Mastered in all contest ranks, and the Battle Resort, etc., etc.

I've gotta say this game's post-game is pretty decent, especially with Delta Episode and the Mirage Spots and pretty much everything else haha.

Years
  • I'm sitting at 3:15 right now. I really want to get into Alpha Sapphire, but I just haven't had the time this past month, between working almost non-stop and moving to a new house. The next day I get a day off with zero plans, I'll probably double my current playtime at the bare minimum.

Back