• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your parent's thoughts on your anime/pokemon obsession.

ChronicEdge

Space Lion
    Years
    Mine don't know. Most of the time I'm surprised they remember my middle name.

Also, I don't believe that you are from North Carolina, sir. It is not the home of amazement. It is the home of mosquitoes, kudzu, and choking humidity.

Unless you live in Asheville. Do you? *Regards suspiciously*

Years
    There's nothing negative about them knowing my ...obsession... about Pokemon/anime. xD
    Besides the fact they tease me about, but y'know...

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    My parents don't really care. It's normal for a teenager to watch anime, since that's what they're aimed at. Maybe Pokemon is a bit "babyish" but I don't really care. It's a good series which I like a lot.

As for other anime series, my parents don't mind as long as I'm not staring at the screen too much or anything sexually explicit. Panty shots are fine though. :]

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    They don't say anything most of the time, but they think I'm really weird for watching anime in Japanese. Especially when I put my DVDs on the TV downstairs XDD But I can tell they think it's weird I still like Pokemon.

may torchic

Torrchic~
    Years
    Nope my mother doesn't really care if I watch Pokemon.
    Mostly my little brother and I watches it and we play the games also, she likes pokemon, but not a fan of it, so it's like 50% or 40% of her liking it.

glow.ForEveR

wut is this i dont even
    Years
    Mine don't know. Most of the time I'm surprised they remember my middle name.

Also, I don't believe that you are from North Carolina, sir. It is not the home of amazement. It is the home of mosquitoes, kudzu, and choking humidity.

Unless you live in Asheville. Do you? *Regards suspiciously*

Its Home of ANIMAzement. Its a anime convention >.>

Years
    My dad would try and get into it since my sister and I liked it so much, so we'd have moments like this:

"Go Pikachuuuu! Use Thunderbolt!"
    "Sorry Dad, that's a Jigglypuff."
    "Go Jigglypuuuuf! Use Thunderbolt!"

The only person I live with now is my boyfriend, and he likes Pokemon too, so it's all good. We watch the TV show together every once in a while.

Pokehead

Pokedex 50% complete. 246 left
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2010
    My parents really don't care about my love for pokemon, hell, they actually encourage it. They've been teaching for 30 odd years (they're in their mid 50s, you do the math), so they find it odd I don't really like anime in general. But yeah, they're ok with pokemon.

Ayselipera

My dad, sister, and brother all make little jokes once in a while. Not in a mean way though just friendly joking. My mom never says anything like that though. In fact she told me the other day she always thought Pikachu was cute. I was quite shocked.

Anyways no one else knows I play pokemon. I never told any of my friends and personally I think I like it better that way.

Back