• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your parent's thoughts on your anime/pokemon obsession.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    My parents really dont care that I like pokemon. I dont watch anime, but i bet they wouldnt care about that either. Its my life, and my time so if i deciede to play pokemon sometimes they dont care. Beside Im not obessed. I just like to play the games lol!

Camisado

a therapeutic chain of events
    Years
    I don't like the word "obsession" =/ I'm not obsessed, I'm just a fan. It doesn't have to be on your mind every waking minute.

My parents know I love Pokémon but they don't tend to comment.

Well, actually, dad was quite interested when I first got Silver.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    My parents just think I'm another nerd since video games and anime all fall under that category for them. My dad in particular is more interactive about it. He helped my younger brother play through Pokemon Red way back in the day, and he sometimes borrows our newer games for nostalgic purposes, although he can't keep up with the knowledge like I can. :P

Years
    • CT
    • Seen Jul 31, 2009
    My parents don't seem to mind but sometimes they ask 'Aren't you a little old for Pokemon?' And I'm like no. I don't watch the anime though, I read the manga. But my sister makes fun of me for reading the manga

Manaphy1128

We're Making Gods
    Years
    They're actually pretty much fine with it, and will help me in certain ways (like getting me figurines for my birthday and letting me go to the bookstore the moment it opens to get the new volume). Unless it starts annoying them, like if I'm yelling stuff while watching/reading anime/manga or if it's all I talk about ("In the new chapter.." "My favorite character is..." "This reminds me of this time in this D.Gray-man chapter...").

The only thing they don't really really like about it is the amount of money it costs and how much it confines me to my room.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    They have no respect for it.

...Well, 'tis life. :P

Years
    Even if I am more into sonic than pokemon, my parents really don't care. I mean, when I am on the internet they think all I do is "Game and Youtube". But, I like it that way. They know I play Pokémon and that's good enough for them.

ShadowLeader

because shadows follow...
    Years
    *Mom's Thoughts*

Uhh...whatever...weirdo...just don't come crying to me after school one day if the other kids pick on you.

*Dad's Thoughts*

Stop watching them ****ing cartoons boy, before I beat your brains in you no-good piece of ****.....*hours later*.....I'm sorry boy...I shouldn't be telling you what to watch...*five minutes later*...DID'T I ****ING TELL YOU TO TURN THAT LITTLE KIDS **** OFF?!....

My parents don't exactly support my interests....but then again they can kiss my(CENSORED)!

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
    *Mom's Thoughts*

Uhh...whatever...weirdo...just don't come crying to me after school one day if the other kids pick on you.

*Dad's Thoughts*

Stop watching them ****ing cartoons boy, before I beat your brains in you no-good piece of ****.....*hours later*.....I'm sorry boy...I shouldn't be telling you what to watch...*five minutes later*...DID'T I ****ING TELL YOU TO TURN THAT LITTLE KIDS **** OFF?!....

My parents don't exactly support my interests....but then again they can kiss my(CENSORED)!

HAHAHAHAHHA, this is great! Heheh, this rules.

Sapphir

Hat thief
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2009
    My parents figure I could be doing worse things than playing a video game, so they really don't care about it. I actually think my parents forget that I do play until I buy another game in the series.

Friends, on the other hand, have absolutely no idea I play Pokemon at all. If I told them they would not believe me, they would think I was joking.

Years
    My parents aren't that much aware of my obsession of Pokemon. Then again, the only thing I really like about Pokemon are the games so obsession isn't the best word to describe me.

txteclipse

The Last
    Years
    My parents are cool with it, pretty much. My dad only makes comments from time to time that I should start writing original work instead of just fanfiction.

Years
    My brothers both like it, but they pretend that they don't around their friends. My mom doesn't mind anymore, but she tells me not to tell people that I like it. She buys me the games anyway. I show her that I draw mostly people using the same style of artwork rather than the Pokemon itself. I'm not exactly obsessed with it seeing as how I don't have posters or plushies of Pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2009
    Compared to some of my cousins? My families more worried about some of them.

Years
    I don't really have a Anime or a Pokemon obsession.
    I class it as a TV show/game so it is fine.

They don't mind either way.
    I play way too many games, but they think it is good to get an idea of successful games, since I am going into the industry.

etking122

is bored
    Years
    They don't care at ALL!
    If I'm doing something pokemon related, they just ignore it completely!
    (4 years ago my older brother bought it and dad said: "So, you want
    Pokeman Crystal?" It was funny!"

Yaoi

Psychic Lover
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    I'm getting my mom a DSlite and Pokemon Diamond for her birthday.

._____.;

Back