• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Phobias?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
Years
  • I'm scared of...

any kind of commitment (I doubt I'll ever be able to get married or have kids or anything like that...not that I really want to either)

big flying bugs. I never knew a praying mantis could fly until some moron got one from outside and brought it in the school cafeteria...not a good idea...

but I am mortally afraid of...elevators. UGH! *shudders*

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • For me, it's the dentist office. I'm a wreck there. I have a slight fear of clowns (kind of creepy), but nothing I lose sleep over.

Mice is a big one. When I actually see them I'm actually not a total wreck, but the thought of them really freaks me out.

Otherwise nothing I can remember.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I'm an astraphobic (fear of thunderstorms) and I dislike balloons greatly....

Never know when one's gonna go off............. =s

oh and this and heights also scare me a little.
    Sugguests you NEVER fly in a hot air ballon during a thunderstorm.If you do that you sould be fine.

sandcrawler

slacking off in my spare time.
    Years
  • I hate the edges of high up things like roofs and stuff. It's not the heights you guise, it's the the sheer chance you might slip and fall to your death!

Also, I greatly fear the unknown. Not consciously, but it scares me when I realize it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2010
    I have a deathly fear of spiders. I also have a strange fear of bandages XD I keep having this feeling that it will rip off my skin O_o

Other than that, I'm not really scared of anything.

Volkner's Apprentice

PC Veteran Prize Fighter
    Years
  • Mildly afraid of spiders, mildly afraid of heights, and mildly afraid of enclosed spaces, the latter being the strongest. Other than that, most things don't effect me too much.

My greatest phobia is outgrowing Pokemon XD.

Infamous Amos

ALL BIDOOF IN MY WAY WILL FALL
    Years
  • Hemophobia - Fear of Blood
    Acrophobia - Fear of hights (but not as much as my other phobias)
    Astraphobia - Fear of Lightning and Thunder (Greatest of my phobias >_<)

Captain Blue

Blue the Justice
    Years
  • I've been afraid of bees since I was six. Video game bees didn't help the phobia either. If you have a hornet land right in front of you, it's kind of hard not to freak out at age six. I also have the standard among alot of people: A fear of heights.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I've been afraid of bees since I was six. Video game bees didn't help the phobia either. If you have a hornet land right in front of you, it's kind of hard not to freak out at age six. I also have the standard among alot of people: A fear of heights.
    If you have any Beedrills or Combee,Vespiquen I will be happy no pun intended to take them off your hands.

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
  • Bear said:
    Having a phobia means you're afraid of something irrational, as in it cannot possibly harm you. Having a fear of sharks, for instance, has no phobia, because it can actually hurt you.

Hmm, so does that mean my fear of physical pain/torture is not a phobia? Maybe...

Some phobias I have:
    - Claustrophobia: fear of tight spaces. For me, it has to be a very tight space, as in I'm hardly able to move, and I have to be lying down. For example, if someone put me in a coffin and sat on it so I couldn't escape, I would totally freak out. But squeezing into a vertical space between buildings doesn't bother me. This is also a reason why I don't like waterslides that are so narrow you have to lie down in.
    - "Pestophobia": Fear of bugs, but specifically the ones that are pests, like wasps and cockroaches and moths. (Not butterflies, dragonflies, honeybees, etc.) The exception is flies for some reason--I guess I'm just used to them. ("I wouldn't hurt a fly, so a fly wouldn't hurt me.") But maggots scare me. Another possible exception is spiders, but I'll get into that later. I don't shriek or even cringe at the sight of one of these bugs, but I do shudder a tiny bit, and can't wait until the bug disappears.
    - "Aquanasalophobia": Fear of getting water up my nose. Another reason why I don't like the aforementioned waterslides, and the reason why I always hold my nose when going underwater (though I might let go once I'm in the water).
    - "Vocalophobia": Fear of talking to people. This especially happens when I want to ask someone for something, or carry on a conversation with someone I don't know too well.
    - "Mesmerophobia": Fear of looking at people when talking to them, especially into their eyes. Perhaps I think they're trying to hypnotise me?
    - "Adipophobia": Fear of fat, specifically animal fat. This also includes fat on my body, oddly enough--I just... really hate the feel of it. Note the distinction from Anorexia nervosa, which deals specifically with a fear of being fat to the point of not eating. This I don't have.
    - "Observophobia": Fear of people watching me. For some reason I have a tendency to want to do things secretly and quietly... although this does not stop me from performing in public or getting undressed near a window.
    - "Justophobia": Fear of cops, lawyers, anyone with a justice-related job. I don't think I'm gonna explain this...

I think it's natural for someone interested in the paranormal to have paranormal-related fears, as they would be more aware of the topic. But with me, despite my fond interest in anything paranormal, I have no such fears--in fact, I personally view such fears as rather silly. Nor do I have any indirectly-related fears, such as hemophobia (fear of blood) or necrophobia (fear of dead things).

And now for a couple fears I try desperately to conceal, and/or only have partially.
    - Arachnophobia: Fear of spiders. I do show the same signs with any bug upon seeing a spider (see "Pestophobia", above) and still get nervous about touching one, but I quell this with the knowledge that spiders get rid of a lot of the real pesty bugs. I have saved a spider's life quite a few times, and I'm bothered when someone kills a spider.
    - "Murkophobia": Fear of the dark. In most cases, I love darkness, especially when indoors--in fact, I get annoyed when someone turns on the lights. I also enjoy walking outside at night. But whenever I do that, I occasionally get a tad fearful, as if someone will mug me or something.
    - Cynophobia: Fear of dogs. It doesn't mean I don't like dogs--it means that I usually shudder and/or jump slightly at the sight or sound of one, especially if it's otherwise quiet or if it's nighttime. (I'll note that this works only with domestic dogs. If I feared foxes, I wouldn't have picked Ninetales as a username!)
    - "Pilphobia": Fear of theft. It gets to the point where I frequently look at my purse, and walk back to my car to make sure it's locked. Or, I frequently wonder, "Is anyone going to try to steal my laptop?" or "If I leave this here, what are the chances that someone will take it?". I think this may have also, oddly enough, led to me falling in love with a fictional character I created who's a thief, so maybe I figure if I keep him in mind, I can more easily prevent theft? Of course this also means that I don't necessarily hate thieves in general. I think falling in love with the aforementioned character may have led me to advocate them...
    ^^I think I developed this fear after having a jacket, a purse, two MP3 players, and a GBA (w/ Pokemon Ruby) stolen... and after my boyfriend's DS was stolen. Curiously, ever since I developed this fear and the aforementioned character, I've never had anything stolen from me. Hee hee--it works after all.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I'm sort of afraid of needles (like shots), and mildy afraid of heights. Other than that, I can't remember.

Real Sleepy Scott

PC's Nurse Joy admirer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Sep 24, 2008
    I can't get in lifts I hate them I really do and I can't go in somewhere which has a confined space. Im also a pansy for heights oh and with the lifts I can go in glass lifts I have no problem with them there fine.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back