• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Your Pikachu is envolving!!

CJoE

スマイルは無料で? ?? �� �� ��
    Years
    If the game(Yellow) let you envolve your Pikachu, would you envolve it?

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2024
    Yes, I would. I know that Yellow is an anime tie-in, but I never understood that limitation.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2015
    I would if they allowed Raichu to follow you on the overworld. Otherwise I'd have no issue keeping Pikachu the way he is.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Probably not, because it was an anime tie-in and I would like to keep it that way. Plus, using an unevolved Pokemon would bring more of a challenge, and I haven't really used Pikachu at all before, so it would be fun. 8) If only my Yellow was able to save data.

Years
    Probably not, because it was an anime tie-in and I would like to keep it that way. Plus, using an unevolved Pokemon would bring more of a challenge, and I haven't really used Pikachu at all before, so it would be fun. 8) If only my Yellow was able to save data.

Couldn't have put it better. It's basically forcing you to have a more difficult time with the game, which is good in my opinion. And Pikachu is adorable :3

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    Probably not. I've always really liked Pikachu, and for in-game, using an unevolved Pokemon doesn't put you at too much of a disadvantage. I also really like having Pikachu follow the player around, and it doesn't seem right to me to lose that element. Of course, I've used an unevolved Pikachu on my team in several other games (Gold and X), so it's not like I have a track record of evolving Pikachu as soon as possible anyway.

Years
    Nah, the game was perfect as a fan of the anime. I enjoyed following Ash's story (as much as you could), so evolving Pikachu probably wouldn't have been the best idea.

Guest123_x1

If only (the starter) Pikachu hadn't kept refusing the Thunderstone, I most definitely would have evolved it in Yellow. Even though that would mean the newly-evolved Raichu wouldn't be following me behind my back anymore.

SmashBrony

Epic Adventurer
    Years
    I remember trading the Pikachu to evolve it, but I think I did it only once...
    For most of my Pokemon Yellow playthoughs, my team inculded:

Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Charizard
    Blastoise

& I don't remember the last 2 pokemon...

Anyways, I enjoyed having Pikachu follow me & I don't remember it ever doing badly in battle...

EDITED IN:
    I'm not sure, but I think one of my last 2 pokemon was Golem...
    I know that Geodude was almost always on my team during the 1st gen, because
    it could give & take hits pretty well.
    Ah, memories...

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2022
    This was an odd feature that i assume many never wrapped their heads around. I think like someone above said the simple answer was to just play the better versions of the game being Red and Blue. Does anyone know if you were able to trade another Pikachu in from Red or Blue and have that one in your party as well. I never even though to try this when i was little, would be interesting to find out though.

Years
    If Raichu followed me in the overworld, I'd do it; otherwise I'd keep it a Pika 'cause I liked having it follow me around <3

pyx

I will never repeat myself... I will never repeat
    Years
    Nah, Id keep it the way it is, I like Pikachu more than Raichu anyway, plus the overworld sprite is awesome :P

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Yes.

I strongly dislike Pikachu. The least they could have done in Yellow is bulk up its stats a little, so that it resembles Ash's ridiculously OP Pikachu from the cartoon.

Sirfetch’d

I probably would have back then because I was new to the games and obviously evolved Pokemon are better in most cases and back then I always wanted everything to be as strong as possible! Today I wouldn't though as it takes away from the experience of playing Pokemon Yellow, imo.

Back