• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Your Pokémon Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elekid Kid

Banned
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    my LG team

i just beat the elite 4 in LG this is my team

mr mime lvl 59

vaporeon lvl 56

ninetails lvl 52

venusaur lvl 53

primeape lvl 52

raichu lvl 54

and im training dragonair lvl 38

Clevink

Don't mess with Espeon...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2014
    I started over on Emerald 386, and I'm at Liza and Tate's Gym with:
    Jynx
    Heracross
    Amphaross
    Altaria
    Starmie
    Tropius (HM Slave)

As soon as I find a Beldum I'll get a Metagross.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2021
    I just now started a new game on emerald. I cheated to get a fishing rod and a exp share, so i im training right now in rusturf tunnel.
    Team :
    Magikarp level 9
    Treeko level 11 HM slave
    Tentacool - level 6 HM slave.

Im doing a solo magikarp challange, without evolving.

EDIT -
    I am training in rusturf until karp can beat roxanne on his own. Level 11 now, just 4 more levels until i can learn an attack and train without treecko.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 23, 2008
    well good luck...

anyway I'm doing a Water Only run on emerald and have 5 badges with a team of

Swampert Lvl 40

Lombre Lvl 41

Ninjask Lvl 20 (HM Slave)

Zigzagoon Lvl 5 (HM Slave)

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2021
    Yeah, im going to need alot of luck, at least being on a emulator gives the speed up, which really helps. Oh and i think ive determined my final move set, its probably going to be:

Splash
    Tackle
    Flail
    -----

:P

EDIT - Cheating a fishing rod got my karp pokerus :D

Barney.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 30, 2015
    Yeah, im going to need alot of luck, at least being on a emulator gives the speed up, which really helps. Oh and i think ive determined my final move set, its probably going to be:

Splash
    Tackle
    Flail
    -----

:P

EDIT - Cheating a fishing rod got my karp pokerus :D
    Ummm, Ghost types? what's going to hurt them?

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2021
    Good point. I have no idea, ill figure that out when i get to fortree. I guess ill use a HM slave just for ghost types, but that would mean i cant just bring only magikarp into the elite 4 and get an awesome hall of fame.

Ehwick

Pkmn Trainer
    Years
    I started over on Emerald 386, and I'm at Liza and Tate's Gym with:
    Jynx
    Heracross
    Amphaross
    Altaria
    Starmie
    Tropius (HM Slave)

As soon as I find a Beldum I'll get a Metagross.

In Emerald 386 you can get as many lv 35 Beldum's as you want in Meteor Falls
    its in like the 3rd room past the waterfall.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    Good point. I have no idea, ill figure that out when i get to fortree. I guess ill use a HM slave just for ghost types, but that would mean i cant just bring only magikarp into the elite 4 and get an awesome hall of fame.
    Since you have already cheated, might as well teach it Bubble, which is a valid Move Tutor move that you could only get in NYC.

Last edited:

s p a c e c o w b o y

Im Part Vaporeon.....
    Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2011
    I'm stuffing them up with Rare Candys : P

i heard rare candys are bad for the pokemon. sure they level it up but my friend told me never to use a bunch of em on one pokemon. i forgot why tho, wasnt listening very well :) anyway my team:

Lucario Lv. 91
    Leafeon Lv. 65
    Flareon Lv. 75
    Vaporeon Lv. 35 (training duh! :P)
    Groudon Lv. 100
    Latias Lv. 65

yea, i put alot of focus on one pokemon at a time. as you can see, groudon was my first one, now im going for Lucario. next will be flareon! :)

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    You're friend is wrong. While you were punished in GSC for using Rare Candy instead of battling to leveling up your Pokemon, that was removed in the Third Gen. The only difference between using Rare Candy instead of battling is you don't receive any EV points. That however, is a great thing since just battling random Pokemon in-game will give your Pokemon an EV spread that most of the time does not help it anyway.

Also, keep in mind this thread is for Advanced Gen teams.

Clevink

Don't mess with Espeon...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2014
    In Emerald 386 you can get as many lv 35 Beldum's as you want in Meteor Falls
    its in like the 3rd room past the waterfall.

Haha, wish I had known that before I hacked to get one. I changed a bunch of the Poke's in New Mauville to Beldum's. And just so everyone knows: They are a PAIN to catch in Premier Balls. Went a good 30 minutes out of my way to get an Oddish for sleep powder and it still took at least 10 (with save states) to catch it.

Edit: And can anyone offer a not often used alternative to Altaria? Preferably a Poke that can learn fly. I don't want any evolutions of the Pidgey, Taillow, Bagon, or Charmander line... Basically an underused, yet still decent one.

Ehwick

Pkmn Trainer
    Years
    Haha, wish I had known that before I hacked to get one. I changed a bunch of the Poke's in New Mauville to Beldum's. And just so everyone knows: They are a PAIN to catch in Premier Balls. Went a good 30 minutes out of my way to get an Oddish for sleep powder and it still took at least 10 (with save states) to catch it.

Edit: And can anyone offer a not often used alternative to Altaria? Preferably a Poke that can learn fly. I don't want any evolutions of the Pidgey, Taillow, Bagon, or Charmander line... Basically an underused, yet still decent one.

Skarmory Aerodactyl Doduo and it's evo? Are those good ones? I've always liked to use Skarmory and I usually teach it fly.

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010

I thought Tropius was your HM Slave. Don't waste a move on one of your actual Pokemon with Fly. If you are truly looking for a NU Pokemon, I would suggest the following:

Farfetch'd
    Togetic
    Noctowl

Skarmory Aerodactyl Doduo and it's evo? Are those good ones? I've always liked to use Skarmory and I usually teach it fly.
    A Skarmory with Fly is a VERY sad Skarmory.

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    shanecdavis said:
    A Skarmory with Fly is a VERY sad Skarmory.
    Thats not true. You can use Fly and still have room for three good skills.
    ___
    On Topic:

Team :::
    Level 29, Mudkip
    - Take Down
    - Rock Tomb
    - Mud Slap
    - Water Gun
    Level 28, Golbat
    - Leech Life
    - Confuse Ray
    - Wing Attack
    - Bite

shanecdavis

Prof. Davis
    Years
    • Age 52
    • Utah
    • Seen Jul 27, 2010
    A Skarmory with only three good skills is even sadder! Fly is an absolute pathetic move, especially on a great Pokemon like Skarmory. Why would you want an attack that takes two turns to complete?

Look at it this way. Your Skarmory attacks with Fly. The first turn it does no damage and the second turn it is a 70 AP attack. Compare that to my Skarmory with Drill Peck. It can attack both turns with an 80 AP attack. That is basically 160 AP vx. 70 AP in two turns. Not to mention the fact that your opponent can easily switch to a Pokemon that resists a Flying-type attack (i.e. Swampert) and take little damage that second turn, and then force you to switch out or have your Skarmory eat an Ice attack.

Putting your HM moves on a crappy Pokemon like Tropius (it can learn five HM moves) or Wailmer is a much better benefit than limiting the Pokemon that you actually battle with.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    Peeeeaaa....

I just restarted FR:
    Lv11 Charmander
    Lv10 Pikachu.
    Darn, I can't get a Nidoran so I'm screwed. Time to train. Very hard.

PS. Braedon, that epic HoF might need a level 100 Magikarp. Can you get more than one?

Sirrush

Bringer of Chaos
    Years
    i've had a number of good teams.

all on ruby though. i don't own emerald or the new kanto games. :s

original:
    Blaziken lvl 89
    Aggron lvl 77
    Mawile lvl 84
    Exploud lvl 77
    Hariyama lvl 77
    Swellow lvl 77

2nd:
    Blaziken lvl 50
    Mightyena lvl 50
    Swalot lvl 50

3rd:
    Crobat lvl 58
    Blaziken lvl 64
    Alakazam lvl 56
    Aggron lvl 55
    Flygon lvl 54
    Crawdaunt lvl 56

current:
    Sceptile lvl 57
    Magcargo lvl 56
    Golem lvl 51
    Machamp lvl 50
    Azumarill lvl 52
    Electrode lvl 53

i like blaziken alot if u can't tell :p aggron aswell.

Maria Santos

*wink* enjoy your death! ^_^
    Years
    when i was in Colombia i rented folks pokemon ruby for about $500 half hour (Thats in pesos, not USD xD)

The default team i had for that was

Sharpedo
    Blazekin
    Electabuzz
    Dugtrio
    Kingdra
    Gengar I think?

yep, thats it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back