• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Your Pokémon Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shining Salamence

Master of all things cool
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2011
    I just started playing emerald about 10 minutes ago, so here's my team so far:

XD

Lv10 Treecko
    Pound
    Leer
    Absorb

Lv4 Ralts
    Growl (The thing is hard to level up ><)

Lv7 Marill
    Tackle
    Defense Curl
    Tail Whip

Years
    My current Pokemon team in Ruby:

Skeptile lv. 45
    Pelipper lv. 44
    Gyarados lv. 42
    Groudon lv. 48
    Gardevoir lv. 43
    Nuzleaf lv. 42

Planning to change Pelipper and Nuzleaf to Trapinch and Rayquaza after I get through pokemon league. ^^

shadowedness

Pokemon/RockMan Fanatic
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    I just started playing emerald about 10 minutes ago, so here's my team so far:

XD

Lv10 Treecko
    Pound
    Leer
    Absorb

Lv4 Ralts
    Growl (The thing is hard to level up ><)

Lv7 Marill
    Tackle
    Defense Curl
    Tail Whip

Good work for 10 minutes. Keep Ralts on your team and breed it when you have the chance to get a proper Gardevoir, as the Pokemon you take through the game get their EV's messed up by all the trainer battles.

Black Ice

[XV]
    Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2023
    Good work for 10 minutes. Keep Ralts on your team and breed it when you have the chance to get a proper Gardevoir, as the Pokemon you take through the game get their EV's messed up by all the trainer battles.

You can EV train your Pokemon early on, but it'll just take a very long time.

You can get HP EVs by battling Wurmple. (Common)
    You can get Attack EVs by battling Poochyena. (Common)
    You can get Defense EVs by battling Seedot. (Rare)
    You can get SpAtk EVs by battling Ralts. (Rare)
    You can get SpDef EVs by battling Lotad. (Common)
    You can get Speed EVs by battling Zigzagoon. (Common)

Most of these can be found before fighting your first trainer battle (aside from May, but that'll only be 1 EV and won't screw your training up at all), save Ralts.

Current team in Diamond:

Tyranitar
    Garchomp
    Metagross
    Swampert
    Crobat
    Gyarados

All Lv. 100.

Viksu

Hmm..?
    Years
    Yay

Fire red:
    100 lvl Latias, Latiala
    Surf, Fly, Dragon claw, Psychic
    100 lvl Latios
    Dragon breath, Surf, Psychic, Shadow ball
    100 lvl Charizard, Flygon
    Blast burn, Fire blast, Cut, Rock Smash
    100 lvl Mewtwo, Mewtowo
    Psychic, Metronome, Rock smash, ? (Don't remeber OMG)
    100 lvl Lugia
    Psycic, Aeroblast, Hydro pumt, Eartquake
    35 lvl Shiny manetric
    Howl, Thundershock, Quick attach, Charge

Diamond:
    30 lvl Staravia, Edward
    Aerial ace, Fly, Wing attack, Pluck
    25 lvl Luxio, Chi
    Charge, Tacke, Bite, Spark
    22 lvl Prinplup, Anya
    Bubble, Peck, Rock smash, Metal claw
    22 lvl Ponyta, Melissa
    Ember, Tail whip, Stomp, Tackle
    20 lvl Buneary, Puolikuu
    Cut, Endure, Pound, ?
    18 lvl Buizel, Alphonse
    Water gun, Pursuit, Quick attack

Don't remeber Emerald 83

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2008
    I dont have a "base team". Wouldnt be boring if you only used those six pokemon in every battle? I think you'll answer yes if you think about it.
    Anyway.....
    My Pokemon Right now at the gba games: (I have just finished breeding)

Staryu lvl 8
    Alakazam level 24
    Snorlax level 30+
    Koffing level 15
    Charmander level 8
    -

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2008

hmm i am not familiar with the term "EV"

new team, emerald

groyvle Lv 35
    gyarados Lv 32
    trapinch Lv 26 (in training)
    gardevoir Lv 32
    swablu Lv 28 (in training)

i plan to add rayquaza (i hate legendarys but rayquaza is an acception, ive fallen inlove with it)
    and also bring in a salamence somehow

shadowedness

Pokemon/RockMan Fanatic
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    I dont have a "base team". Wouldnt be boring if you only used those six pokemon in every battle? I think you'll answer yes if you think about it.
    Anyway.....
    My Pokemon Right now at the gba games: (I have just finished breeding)

Staryu lvl 8
    Alakazam level 24
    Snorlax level 30+
    Koffing level 15
    Charmander level 8
    -

If you think about it, properly training a team of six Pokemon can take a very long time. I would rather keep the same six as opposed to having to keep training new ones to level 50 (minimum).

Anyway, to johnnykenny1234, to find out about EV's, go to https://www.gamefaqs.com/portable/gbadvance/game/921905.html and click on the FAQ entitled "EV Points FAQ." I would post a direct link but GameFAQs have rules against hotlinking directly to FAQ's.

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    On my Ruby Rom now (=P I have the game in real life but now I'm done on it and soft reseting for a shiny Torchic... Skeptical I know...) I'm actually kinda thinking of trying this on my real game after I get my starter.
    I've got a mixed Team, I usually carry around 5 Zigzagoons to pick up items for me.
    I'm using off natured Pokemon to fight trainers so I can EV train my other Pokemon.
    Currently I'm fighting Winona with my Altaria (level 37) and my 5 Zigzagoons
    The other Pokemon I'm using include Breloom(level 36) Masquerain (level 36) Torkoal(level 36) I'm looking for more to use, but those have gotten me through the entire game, and I've had a max of 2 on the team at a time so far. In the Pokemon League I'm going to use them all. (I'm probably going to catch some other Pokemon, raise them up, and EV raise more of my Pokemon.)
    my current EV training includes
    Grovyle Hasty
    1 Attack
    1 Defense
    Sp Atk. 20
    Speed 116
    Zubat Adamant
    1 Def
    100 Attack
    30 Speed

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2008
    Pokemon team in FR-8hours30min/2badges
    Charmeleon-21
    Nidorino-16
    Pidgeotto-19
    Pikachu-22
    Geodude(training)-13
    Mankey(training)-12

In Sapphire-36hours 10min/8badges and E4
    Rayquaza-100
    Mewtwo(from previous FR)-90
    Blastoise-76
    Blaziken-85
    Sceptile-78
    Zapdos-90

Lord Mike

Most Loyal Colts Fan on Earth
    Years
    Six Pokemon I have at random.

Mew LV:69
    Hardy Nature (Neutral)
    -Aerial Ace
    -Bulk Up
    -X-Scizzor
    -Psychic

Empoleon LV:66
    Serious Nature (Neutral)
    -Drill Peck
    -Swords Dance
    -Flash Cannon
    -Surf

Celebi LV:50
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    -Giga Drain
    -Calm Mind
    -Recover
    -Psychic

Sudowoodo LV:64
    Hardy Nature (Neutral)
    -Hammer Arm
    -Rock Slide
    -Earthquake
    -Wood Hammer

Jirachi LV:51
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    -Thunderbolt
    -Rest
    -Calm Mind
    -Psychic

Deoxys (Atk) LV:100
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice Beam
    -Fire Blast
    -Psychic

Six of my three hundred Pokemon.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Fair enough, but I think you should replace Blissey with Regice, as a properly trained Regice can have a Sp. Def of 467, it is resistant to water, and gets STAB on Ice Beam, as well as having a decent movepool. That and it might as well be neutral to fire as my Kyogre takes more damage from fire attacks than my Regice does and they're both level 100.
    BTW I just noticed something in your first post I replied to, you can buy Leftovers at the Battle Frontier and they cost 16 Battle Points (BP).
    Eh... I think I'll keep Blissey though I'll probably EV train my Regice as well, as it happens to be Modest with perfect Sp.Attack and Sp.Defense. However, the reason why I prefer Blissey more is because of its massive HP stat, which compensates for the Sp.Defense that's slightly lower than Regice's. Blissey, also, despite its abysmal Defense takes physical hits better and most importantly, Blissey has Heal Bell to support the rest of the party, whereas Regice just walls. Blissey is also more useful in Diamond and Pearl than Regice and since I'm planning to use my Blissey in online battles once I get Diamond, Blissey stays. And I am quite aware of the fact that you can buy Leftovers from the Battle Frontier, (though IIRC they cost something like 48 BP and not 16. I'm sure it isn't 16, but I'm not sure what the exact cost is) but I see no point in buying more Leftovers when the Battle Frontier has that stupid item clause.

And because I actually bothered posting here I might as well post my 7th EV trained Pokémon in my new Emerald save: (yes, I've only posted 5 so far, but my Solrock that I EV trained for no apparent reason sucks, I won't bother typing its moveset down)

Metagross @ Shell Bell ** Marvin
    Adamant Nature
    Ability: Clear Body
    EVs: 204 HP, 176 Attack, 128 Sp.Def

- Meteor Mash
    - Earthquake
    - Shadow Ball
    - Reflect

I wanted a bulkier Metagross build than the standard sweeper sets so I used this. Shadow Ball is simply for the Battle Frontier and will be replaced with something more useful when I migrate it to Diamond.
    Six Pokemon I have at random.

Mew LV:69
    Hardy Nature (Neutral)
    -Aerial Ace
    -Bulk Up
    -X-Scizzor
    -Psychic

Empoleon LV:66
    Serious Nature (Neutral)
    -Drill Peck
    -Swords Dance
    -Flash Cannon
    -Surf

Celebi LV:50
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    -Giga Drain
    -Calm Mind
    -Recover
    -Psychic

Sudowoodo LV:64
    Hardy Nature (Neutral)
    -Hammer Arm
    -Rock Slide
    -Earthquake
    -Wood Hammer

Jirachi LV:51
    Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    -Thunderbolt
    -Rest
    -Calm Mind
    -Psychic

Deoxys (Atk) LV:100
    Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
    -Thunderbolt
    -Ice Beam
    -Fire Blast
    -Psychic

Six of my three hundred Pokemon.
    This isn't a 4th generation ''Your Pokémon Team thread'', hence why it's in the Advance Generation section. And even though I can't be bothered rating your movesets at the moment, I'll let you know they need some serious work.

shadowedness

Pokemon/RockMan Fanatic
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    Fair enough, I haven't played D/P yet as they aren't released in Europe so I don't know what's useful.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Fair enough, I haven't played D/P yet as they aren't released in Europe so I don't know what's useful.
    Well, join the club. =P I live in Europe as well and haven't imported, but I've been studying D/P competitive battling to pass time.

And in a lame attempt to make this post on topic, I'll post my Firered team (that has already been traded to Emerald, but still.)

Charizard
    Dragonite
    Cloyster

the movesets suck so badly there's no point in posting them. They're half-decent, but since they're going to sit in my box for all eternity and might be used as breeding tools their moves don't matter.

Shinji_

Paul addicted
    Years
    MY NEW TEAM! Pokemon Ruby Groudon Level 86, Pelipper 77, Crobat 66,Salamance 79...Yea thats it I dont need a 5th or 6th pokemon! :)

shadowedness

Pokemon/RockMan Fanatic
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jan 4, 2008
    MY NEW TEAM! Pokemon Ruby Groudon Level 86, Pelipper 77, Crobat 66,Salamance 79...Yea thats it I dont need a 5th or 6th pokemon! :)

Try competitive battling and this will happen: Steelix makes Crobat cry; any decent Water/Ice Pokemon will obliterate Salamence and Groudon; and as for Pelipper, its stats are so crap (minus Def) that it can be taken down by nearly anything that is 10 levels below it. Also, Groudon and all legendaries are banned in competitive battling so there goes what I'm presuming is your strongest Pokemon. If I sound harsh I aplogise, but it's only because you need to realise that your team is not as good as you think. I made the same mistake many times until I realised about 3-4 months ago.
    Now for some advice, ditch Groudon and Pelipper. Breed Salamence and Crobat and EV train them. Then read the FAQ about Pokemon movesets on GameFAQS under Pokemon Emerald. It tells you everything you need about putting together a good team. Good Luck.

Always and Never

Nick // Always and Never
    Years
    Gardevoir, Groudon, Sceptile, Wailord, Gyarados, and Armaldo respectively.

Still havn't beaten the elite four either.

Years
    Emerald Team:

JOLTEON - lv 100 - JayJay
    HOUNDOOM - lv 100 - HellHound
    VAPOREON - lv 100 - Tsunami
    DRAGONITE - lv 100 - Dance
    UMBREON - lv 100 - Silence
    RAICHU - lv 100 - Static

Now i'm not a cheater or anything but when i dropped my cartridge i got inf. of the item my 1st pkmn was holding; that happened to be a rare candy; these pkmn were not raised on them except for Dance the dragonite

Beaten the elite four 14 times ^^

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back