• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Your Pokewalker

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
  • Do you still have the Pokewalker that came with your game or has yours been destroyed?
    How many Pokewalkers have you owned/own? How often do use your Pokewalker?What Pokemon is/was in your Pokewalker? What do feature do you the most, the Dowsing Machine or Poke Radar?

I've been through 2 so far, both of them destroyed in my washing machine. I haven't had a chance to buy a third one. I used more when I first got HeartGold, but I never really use it much anymore. I think the last Pokemon I had in my last one was a Smoochum. Usually I just walk with it, but I use the Poke Radar the most.

Joshawott

Banned
    Years
  • I still have the one that came with my copy of SoulSilver. It's in perfect condition and is the only one I've owned. The only time I use it is if I am replaying my game, but when I do I use it very frequently. As for what Pokémon I use, I take turns with all six Pokémon in my team. I liked using the Dowsing Machine the most.

Years
  • I've been through 2 so far, both of them destroyed in my washing machine.
    I totally saw that coming when I noticed the use of the word 'destroyed' in the first sentence xD

I still have mine (somewhere), and I used to use it quite frequently, just so I could unlock all of the areas. During the week I literally spend more time walking from place to place than I have time to actually play my DS, so I'd be able to get a few Pokemon earlier than I could in-game.

Of course, I still have my Pokewalker, but the battery died a few weeks ago, so I have yet to get another for it.

Treecko

Years
  • I have a question... If you restart your game.... How do you reset your PokeWalker?

At the start menu go down to "Connect to Pokewalker". To reset the Pokewalker entirely press Down + X + L and to retrive the Pokemon in the Pokewalker press Up + Select + R.
    Source

I was able to retrieve the Smoochum I had even if my Pokewalker was water-damaged.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
    Years
  • At the start menu go down to "Connect to Pokewalker". To reset the Pokewalker entirely press Down + X + L and to retrive the Pokemon in the Pokewalker press Up + Select + R.
    Source

I was able to retrieve the Smoochum I had even if my Pokewalker was water-damaged.

Thank you so friggin' much! You are a SAINT!

Years
  • I still have my original. I mainly just wear it to school or when I go out to train my Magikarp. I use the Dowsing machine the most because the Pokemon that you catch are really low leveled and harder to train.

Trainer Matt

PokéFriend!
    Years
  • My PokéWalker Adventures

I've still got my original PokéWalker and I still take it with me most places! It's needed more than one battery by now, but it's very straight forward to swap it out, so no troubles there. Unfortunately though, I've not yet crossed paths with anyone else carrying one outside of my close group of friends. :P When we go for random walks through the local parks and things, we usually make sure that we've got them with us.

As for the Pokémon taken themselves, Jolteon's usually my first choice of companion on the Pokéwalker, he hasn't needed any experience for a very long time but I never really bother taking anyone else out and about aside from Lapras occassionally.

Between the two features (PokéRadar & Dowsing), I only ever give the latter a go. It's come in pretty handy for giving me a few choice items I've been looking for, usually berries. My only problem with the PokéWalker is that there aren't more features!

Whilst we're on the topic of PokéWalkers, though, what's your most memorable walk that you've taken with yours? Mine was some time during spring last year, my Dad and I did a 40 mile hiking challenge around Coventry, such sore feet by the end of the day! I got home, partially died, then transferred Jolteon back thankful that there wasn't a message along the lines of: "Jolteon seems like it wants to play more!"

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
    Years
  • I still have my Pokewalker but I never really used it. I was so happy when I bought the game that I kind of forgot about the Pokewalker that came with it. I only have one friend who actually even uses her Pokewalker.

bewbs

~Chloe~
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    2. One of them needs resetting because I restarted heart gold and the one I used for Soul Silver needs a new battery.

Turn-it

Coordinator/Elite Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2012
    I still have mine from Soul Silver. I've even used it a couple of times as well. While not a complete waste of time, it is a bit time consuming for me to do a little extra with not many benefits.

Years
  • My PokeWalker sits in the pocket of a coat I have and I use it more as a pedometer than anything. I gives me an idea of how much walking I've done in a day compared to other days. So like I'll just go out for a little bit and when I get back I'll check the steps and see that I did more walking than I realized.

And if I feel like it I'll try to capture something.

Years
  • I have my pokemon walker then again I just got soulsilver in January of 2o12. I haven't used it much but I want to use it more often. However I only really use it as a pedometer. I don't really understand how to use the rest of the stuff. The found items are nice and I like how my pokemon gain a level but overall I just use it as a pedometer.

Years
  • I still have mine, but I don't use it anymore- once I finished SoulSilver, I didn't have much use for it.

Ah, the memories of carrying it around with me those last months of senior year...and then realizing I wouldn't get anything particularly useful out of it once I got a good ways into the game >_>

Treecko

Years
  • I still have mine, but I don't use it anymore- once I finished SoulSilver, I didn't have much use for it.

Ah, the memories of carrying it around with me those last months of senior year...and then realizing I wouldn't get anything particularly useful out of it once I got a good ways into the game >_>

Weird, I carried mine all senior year too, coincidence if you're from the class of 2011.

tj4bigred

Instant Classic
    Years
  • I still have the one that came with SoulSilver. It's in, uh, pretty good condition if you don't count the little dog teeth marks on it.

I bought HeartGold used so I had to order the Pokéwalker from Nintendo's website. It's still in perfect condition.

As for how often I use them, I'm paranoid about losing them at school so I strap them on only at night and on the weekends. If I shoot hoops in my driveway, I can get a fair amount of steps in just about a half hour of basketball.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • My PokeWalker is currently sitting on a bookshelf in my parents' house. I actually used it as a pedometer for about a week after buying SoulSilver, but didn't actually use it as a means to obtain Pokemon/items or anything. It was probably for that reason that I ended up just tossing it aside one day and never really picking it up again. The novelty of having a Pokeball for a pedometer wears off surprisingly quickly, in all honesty.

Years
  • I have only used it once, but I just got the game a few weeks ago (soul silver). I thought it was really fun and found myself walking more.

Does anyone know if you only gain one level (your pokemon) even if you walk a ton??

Back