• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Rarest Pokemon card?

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2021
    What is your rarest Pokemon card? Be sure to say the following about your card if you can:
    Where did you get it?
    How much is it worth?
    Did you get it from a booster pack or a store?
    When did you get it?
    What set is it from?

My rarest card would be my 15th anniversary full art Reshiram card from the Japanese 15th Anniversary Pokemon card set. (I only have the Reshiram card and the empty box the rest was too expensive. the entire set is $400!) I got my Reshiram card from Minagreen 2008 from eBay for $180 so I think that's what the card is worth. I got the card just recently. It's my most valued card in my entire collection.

Also you can say more than one card in each post or different cards in different posts (as long as it isn't a double post).

Last edited:
    Years
  • My rarest? It's probably my English gold star Espeon. It's worth somewhere north of $100 last I checked (and that was 3 or 4 years ago), and I bought it with a bunch of other cards I bought off of a neighbor 6 years ago.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I guess my rarest cards would be my 2 gold Ultra Ball's as they are the cards that are worth the most that I own. I pulled both from single booster packs I bought from Walmart.

The 1st one I pulled Feb 21st, 2015 and the second oneI pulled on Jun 3rd, 2015.

Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    I guess my rarest cards would be my 2 gold Ultra Ball's as they are the cards that are worth the most that I own. I pulled both from single booster packs I bought from Walmart.

The 1st one I pulled Feb 21st, 2015 and the second oneI pulled on Jun 3rd, 2015.

It took 4 months to open all the packs in a single booster box?
    You must have a lot of self-control :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2021
    My favorite card I pulled would be a full art Reshiram card from Japanese Black Collection, it isn't first edition though. My rarest card I pulled would be 2 of the first edition full art cards from the Japanese Card sets which would be N from Red Collection and Latios from Spiral Force. I rarly buy booster packs so I guess I'm very lucky with these pulls, N was in my first Red Collection Booster pack and Latios was in my 2nd spiral Force booster pack out of the only two spiral force booster packs I got. It took more Black Collection booster packs for Reshiram but I eventually got it in the Japanese Pokemon Black and White Reshiram Trunk Card Box.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    You must not have read that right. He bought individual booster packs from the same store 4 months apart. They didn't come from the same booster box...

Oh, haha yes I definitely read it wrong. I did think it was a bit strange.

On topic of the tread;

I don't really know which card would be my "rarest" but the cards that would sell for the most are probably my Kyogre (Star) from Delta Species, Shining Gyrados from Neo Rev and Crystal Golem from Skyridge.
    I got Golem in a pack and I think I must have traded for the other two as I probably would have remembered opening them if I did.
    The three of them seem to have price ranges anywhere from ?10-?100

Years
  • My rarest card? Hmmm I have no idea, maybe original Pocket Monster Rocket Oddish or Gloom or my First Edition Base Set holo Machamp. I don't really have any really rare cards, like special events etc and such which sucks :(

Years
  • My rarest card? Hmmm I have no idea, maybe original Pocket Monster Rocket Oddish or Gloom or my First Edition Base Set holo Machamp. I don't really have any really rare cards, like special events etc and such which sucks :(

That Oddish and Gloom are far less rare than that Machamp, though it kind of depends on whether that Machamp is shadowless or not.

Also, you've actually posted a card that is arguably rarer than any of those 3 cards you mentioned over in the "Look What I Just Got!" thread in that Meloetta EX.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    It's probably the Charizard EX full art. I got it from the Greninja EX tin. It was inside a Flash Fire pack I think. Probably worth like $14.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I forgot two other cards I had, one is the reverse Charizard from Legendary Collection and the other is the corrected Blaine's Charizard. Unfortunately both are not in good condition therefore aren't worth much, however I think they are the rarest cards I have.

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    I don't have many cards left, but I keep my Ultra Rare Japanese Meowth from Red Collection as sort of a good luck charm. I pulled it myself, it's probably not worth much but it is to me.

Back