• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Real life starter pokemon and why

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    If you could have any stage 1 level pokemon as a starter pokemon (including ones that don't evolve, baby pokemon (pichu, magby, elekid, ect) and excluding legendaries of course) which pokemon would you choose to be your starter pokemon and why would you choose them?

Z

355Duskull.png

I'd have to go with my buddy right here above me Duskull. It's a fun pokemon to have in my opinion. Also in real life battling the intangibles that the ghost type pokemon have (assuming it would work the same as it does in the anime) they would be pretty tough to get around with all the tricks they have up their sleeves.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    haha that's ok the same thought process went for me .... when i first really getting into pokemon ... Duskinor was my favorite (though my favorite back when i was 8 and little kid was Dragonair

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Litwick. It would be a warm and loving friend of mine, and it would be able to light the way out in caves and dark places. Along with that, it evolves into my 2nd favourite Pokemon, Chandelure.

I just have to be careful about losing life force. D:

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Probably Shroomish. :3 Might not seem like much of a useful Pokémon, but once it evolves into Breloom, it would be nearly unstoppable. If you had faced one before, you definitely would know. Aside from that, I wouldn't really mind starting off with Vulpix, either!

Gible

Y L I E S S E
    Years
  • I'd get a Gible. I mean, my username says how much I love Gible but Mega Garchomp is an absolute monstrosity. Hands down my favorite Mega Evolution design. Ain't no one want to mess with a Mega Garchomp.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Zubat_XY.gif

I know Zubat may be the bane of many a trainers' existence, but it evolves into my all-time favorite pokémon. On top of that, having a crobat IRL would be pretty fun. Flying around at high speed..^_^

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Maybe Shinx. I'd love to have a cat-like pokémon that isn't as boring as I find most cat species in pokémon :p And as much as I like Fire types, I'd probably be a bit afraid if they had fire coming out somewhere on their body. Or made an attack. Lightning attacks are dangerous too, but not as scary. It would be really cool to have a Luxray eventually.

Could also have Sneasel. It's sort of cat-like still, and one of my favorite pokémon. It might be a bit too dark and sneaky for me irl though.

Years
  • I think a Budew given that my favourite Pokemon is Roserade. It'd be a pretty great pokemon in real life. I'd love to see it grow and blossom into a beautiful Roserade as we grew old together.
    Then when he/she finally does evolve into Roserade, he or she can giga drain the hell out of anyone that bullied me about having a Budew.

LavenderTownGhost

Returning to Hoenn
    Years
  • Pichu right here. It's adorable, and eventually evolves into the extremely powerful Raichu, which is my favorite Pokemon. <3

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Hm, this is a hard one. I'll most likely start with a Shinx. It evolves into one of my favorite Pokemon, Luxray. Its X-Ray vision is interesting and will be useful. :)

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • It would be a hard decision between Scyther and Larvitar. They both evolve into 2 of my favorite pokemon and if I didn't get one then I would immediately spend my life searching for it and then wreck the pokemon league with just the two of them.

Years
  • So many viable options, but I can't help but choose Mienfoo. At first I was thinking I'd want a Pokemon that evolves twice, but Mienshao being my favorite Pokemon, I would want to have the closest bond with her among all my other Pokemon.

ludicolodancer

Fabby the ninetails
    Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2014
    Honestly, mine would have to be Ninetails, its my number one favorite, and on cold bitter nights, I could just curl up to her and fall asleep so peacefully

Back