• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your region, starter and travelling companions

Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2017
    Imagine you live in the pokemon world and your finally ten years old and will set on a journey soon. So which region would you like to travel in first? And which starter would you like to choose? What about your travelling companions? Alola region excluded!
    (Note: You can choose a starter that's not of that region like you can start from Kanto and choose chimchar as your starter)

Years
  • I would probably travel around the Kanto region first (nostalgia) and then go to the regions in the regular order. As for my starter, I would choose Charmander and have a entirely new team every region so my travelling companions would be changed up quite a few times.

Iron Tiff

OBJECTION!
    Years
  • Johto has been my favorite for 16 years now lol. I would start with Totodile. Perhaps an unfair bias since I live in Florida. XD

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I would travel through Sinnoh with Fennekin. I've always loved the Sinnoh region, it has some of the best cities and areas imo!

Years
  • While I don't necessarily enjoy the games that take place there, I think it would be great to travel around Sinnoh, since it's one of the most diverse regions to date. And sure, I could pick any Pokemon as my starter, but I think I'll stay local, and go with Piplup.

Years
  • Man, my post was lost. Oh well. I basically said I'd rather start off with a Weedle instead of just any regular starter. It feels too honed in and not as authentic. Not everyone can get a Bulbasaur or a Squirtle. I'd see the Kanto Region first, skip over to Johto and continue my journey from there.

Years
  • I'd go to Sinnoh, because it's the first region I adventured through, and my favourite starter Chimchar is from Sinnoh.

But if I had to go with a normal pokemon it would be Cherubi or Finneon.

Knyte

Protector of Pokemon Realms
    Years
  • Hoenn! I've memorized most of the places and routes in my mind (gamewise at least) and honestly it's one of the best looking regions. And I'm going with Rowlet. If not allowed (my baby!), then I'm going with Mudkip!

Delirious Absol

Call me Del
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 27, 2019
    I'd travel around Unova. I'm a huge gen 5 fan lol. As for my starter I'd probably pick Rowlet because Decidueye is probably the best starter design to date! If not him, then Cyndaquil. But I'd always have a Mothim with me as my permanent travelling companion <3

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • I've always loved the quaint feel of the Johto region. I'd choose Squirtle, which I'd evolve it into Wartortle and then give an Everstone. I love those fuzzy ears and bushy tail!

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • Probably Jotho or Unova, and starter Totodile for sure. I always choose the grass type but I think totodile is my favorite starter overall.

Back