• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your relationship status

Years
    • Seen Sep 5, 2013
    Imo, if you guys couldn't make it work then he or she probably wasn't "the one". You may have been really in love with this person, but if you guys weren't connecting then that is an issue.

Oh, actually, we left on a pretty good note. I mean, we promised to be mature about it - about everything, so.

I broke up with him because I wanted him to live his life to the fullest, and he has been doing that. But, we're still good - we're still friends. I just think that if we really like each other like we do, we'll get back together when the time is right. That's all. We'll find our way if it's, dare I say it, true love.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Hmm, true! I've just never looked at it like that, haha. All I ever think about is my nerves and "OMG WHAT AM I GONNA SAY?", but I guess it's better to say something rather than nothing.

Exactly! If you say something silly and they scoff and go all "ugh.. weirdo.." then just brush it off and move on. If they laugh and/or smile at it and want to continue the conversation then props and you're on your way to finding someone to connect with :3

Sonatron

Face of Rubber
    Years
  • My boyfriend broke up with me a few months ago because of some very complicated reasons I don't want to talk about, I'm still not over it, we didn't go out for very long but it was the first time I was really in love... I'm not planning on dating again for a long time.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    That's so depressing xD you're 21, that's getting old!
    It's not like people have expiration dates that if they're not married by 25, then they get reclaimed. Some people just aren't ready to get married at that age because there could still be a lot going on in their life (college/uni for example) or they just don't want to get tied down that fast because there's still so much that they want to experience.

As for myself, I'm single and I have no interest in changing that. There's a variety of reasons behind it. The simplest one is that I'm simply not interested in anyone and am much happier that way than if I was in a relationship.

Trev

[span="font-size: 8px; color: white;"][font="Monts
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Nov 15, 2023
    Well, I think the reason I'm currently single is because

Your relationship status

But really I think dating is repulsive and pointless so I just don't do it

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
    Years
  • I've been with my girlfriend Gabby for about a year now. We seem to be pretty steady by now.

Some people think we are a strange couple. I'm a lot taller, and I'm autistic while she's not, and we're different religions. But I think it's perfectly normal.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm 19, currently single and I plan on staying single. (I don't want to be married, ever)
    I don't date because I'm not interested and because I'm anti-social. I'm not interested in a relationship because I think that it would be too much trouble and because I'm convinced that there's no one out there for me.
    People keep asking me "Well, what if Ms. Right comes along and does this thing you like or likes that thing you like?" To be honest, if that happened; she and I would just be friends, nothing more.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Why do you think you currently aren't seeing anyone?
    I know why I'm not seeing anyone.

I'm not interested in getting into a relationship right now. There are about three people I'm actually interested in, but right now I want to focus on building my future. I've been in relationships before, and I know their affect on me. I become way too dedicated to the person, and I lose sight of what is important to me without someone there and start putting things aside for that person, or I try to make that person more important to me than my future. I think a lot of people put themselves into that situation.

There are times where I really don't like being single, but at the current point in my life, I think its the best thing for me. I have plenty of time to go looking for love, or letting love find me, but for now, I want to focus on making sure that I don't live like my parents lived. I don't want to struggle financially, and I want to live comfortably and enjoy life without the worries of money that I grew up all too aware of. Relationships are a distraction from achieving something, given how invested you become in them.

I told this to a coworker who asked me why I didn't have a girlfriend, and she said something stupid like "But if you're with a girlfriend, she can help motivate you." and I replied "I can motivate myself."

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • This reminds me of a thing from The Nanny where they were talking about how Mr Sheffield still considers himself married to his ex-wife to the point where when it comes to filling out forms and the marital status question arises, he always wonders whether to tick "S" or "M"

Mr Sheffield says he's an S but he wants to be an M again, to which Nanny Fine reminds him "if you want to be an M you have to go out and make an S of yourself" :P

So yeah, I'm making an S of myself.

SylveonStar

Sylveon
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 15, 2017
    I am currently in a relationship.

I've been with my boyfriend for almost 1 year. It'll be 1 year on the 25th of this month. I met him in my volunteer group last school year when he joined for his senior year. I am positive he is "the one" for me.

Years
  • So... whilst it isn't really necessary I can and will give an updated answer since I recently got into a relationship.

For those who are in one, how long have you currently been with the person you are seeing? Do you possibly see this person as being "the one"? How did you guys meet?

I have been in said relationship a whopping three days now, but I'm pretty happy regardless. Would I go as far as to say she's "the one" - I don't know. We have a lot in common and get along very well but it's far too early to being saying yay or nay to that really. As for how we met, we're both dancers.

Years
  • All I've had are online relationships and two of them are the best I ever had. One passed away while I broke up with the other one for selfish reasons (which I still regret to this day).

Single.

It's a mix of not wanting a relationship after so many years, and then feeling lonely to the point where I feel no one would want to date me.

Yay low self-esteem.

I'm almost the same way, except that I want to be in a relationship yet I feel no one would want to date me. People I tend to have a crush on sometimes just don't give me the time of day when I try to have a conversation. So yeah, low self-esteem hits me at times.

But I'm not the kind who is left hurting from past relationships. The girl who could make me happy is not the same one who broke my heart before. So I give everyone who shows affection a chance.

Years
  • I am the scion of the single life. Worship me, fellow singles, as I shall lead you to the promised land of cookies and twizzlers.

Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    I'm still at secondary school - my second year, and so I can't appropriately comment but I'd like peoples opinion on people around my age (11 - 13) dating. Personally I don't see the point at such a young age. Not only that, but most of the boys I know literally don't care about the girl anyway. The girls usually "go out" with them so in a few weeks time there is some break-up melodrama :/ One boy in my class said that he doesn't care about education, he just wants a girlfriend for sex. At that age he's considering sex? Seriously... Maybe it's just my opinion that it's a little young to date... Anyone else got an opinion on this?

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
  • I'm still at secondary school - my second year, and so I can't appropriately comment but I'd like peoples opinion on people around my age (11 - 13) dating. Personally I don't see the point at such a young age. Not only that, but most of the boys I know literally don't care about the girl anyway. The girls usually "go out" with them so in a few weeks time there is some break-up melodrama :/ One boy in my class said that he doesn't care about education, he just wants a girlfriend for sex. At that age he's considering sex? Seriously... Maybe it's just my opinion that it's a little young to date... Anyone else got an opinion on this?

This.I might be 15 but i still dont think i want a girlfriend yet.The reason?What can i do with her at this age?Besides most girls i know dont like that idea either.Hanging around with girls is good and flirting is what i do.But thats all.
    It feels pointless.Having a crush is ok but not an actual relationship.It feels like growing up a bit too fast.

Years
    • they/them
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 7, 2024
    This.I might be 15 but i still dont think i want a girlfriend yet.The reason?What can i do with her at this age?Besides most girls i know dont like that idea either.Hanging around with girls is good and flirting is what i do.But thats all.
    It feels pointless.Having a crush is ok but not an actual relationship.It feels like growing up a bit too fast.

Well thank god I'm not the only one not obsessed with a relationship at this age. It does't mean I'm not interested in people, it just means I don't want to enter serious relationships.

Shizzable

The Derpiest One Of All
    Years
  • I just recently got broken up with, actually ;-;

But honestly I have no reason to sulk over petty, hormone-filled relationships. It's pretty easy for me to move on and start looking for someone else.

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • Single actually hahaha. To be fair over the past few months I really couldn't get into one anyway because of family and personal issues, besides from my usual shyness.

Back