• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Rom Hacking History

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2011
    im a noob but i started about 2 months ago when i saw rom hacks on youtube
    and i started messing with roms then when i fount PC i got serius.
    im still working on my first one satrcruser 10 look at my profile page to learn about it wich isnt too good as of now.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • I started hacking back in mid-late 2009, amazed that I could make my own variation of the Pokemon world. I had my own ideas of such a game for quite a while in advance and hacking gave me the tools and know-how to actually bring it to life. Needless to say, some of my more stupid/ fanciful ideas were rejected in favour of reality, but I managed to crank out my first hack thread, Pokemon Shimmering Tempest. I can't remember if I ever released the beta for it or not since I had announced it's release, but was also experiencing a large number of glitches/ bugs just prior to the release date (Sorry for making you experience all of that nonsense CJ!).

Anyway, hacking took a back-seat in my life for the next 4-3 months even though I visited PC every day. During that time I endeavoured to lurk, find out more about all aspects of hacking and refine my skills while not committing myself to a hack. During that time I became pretty darn good at what I see are the the three most basic features of hacking (mapping, inserting and scripting). I eventually helped one or two people with their own individual projects before taking the step of making one of own again. Rather than letting all of my earlier work on Shimmering Tempest be for naught, I decided to reboot the region and give it a glossy new face and improve just about everything I could about it. This project eventually became Pokemon Lilac. Since I started on Lilac I've been communicating with heaps of people and even managed to do some mapping for the amazing Pokemon Sienna. I released my first beta for Lilac in December of 2010 and have been working on it ever since.

I've grown up a lot while hacking and have enjoyed just about every minute of it. It's been great and I hope it all continues for some time to come :D

Years
    • Seen Nov 15, 2012
    I started like in summer 2008 and me and my friend were messing around trying to get the hang of it.
    After she had left in the morning, so I had stopped for a while.
    Then I got a new computer and went on a hacking spree.
    I was going to make a hack about being a pokemon but that ended up a failure, so I quit untill
    I was making a pokemon: Quest for Zouark Then it ultimately was trash so I stopped again.
    now, just about a week ago I started up on a new hack, now that I actually know what I'm doing and where to go for help XD

Speedster

The Unknown
    Years
  • My story goes way back. My friend and I as kids were sad when we would beat the E4 and have nothing to do so we started thinking of our own game. We created a ton of fakemon but not much more than that. We later quit. About a year after that I stumbled upon Whack A Hack. I was amazed at the hacks like Naranja and Shiny Gold. I later discover PC and made an account. In the shadows I tested my skills out and I am now trying to create an excellent hack with a Pretty famous member here. We have so many good ideas and the hack is really coming along. I hope my history progresses.

WillPowerPedro

https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
    Years
    • Age 23
    • Seen Jan 9, 2022
    Spring of 2008 I started rom-hacking. I had many hacks but here is the timeline of the majors. First, I created Pokemon Time and Space, which was supposed to be set in the Sinnoh like 1000 years ago. Second, Pokemon RegiRangers. It was set in an unnamed region in Regi Town. It was an isolated town with a cave/ruin/mine to get to another town connected to the region. But within the caves, secrets are kept, such as the pokemon, the regies. Third, Pokemon Digital. It was about the PokeMatrix and you getting pokemon and blahblahblah. Last but definitely not least, Pokemon Advance: Regi Rangers. It is the continue of RegiRangers, but new and more thought out. A rockfall has blocked the route off to the rest of the region, so you have to take the cave/mine/ruin to get out to the middle of the region. There will be more info later.

Years
  • Started hacking in 2010 and was terrible... but since then I have become I very talented scripter and mapper. I'm working on a hack to take place in a just newly formed region above hoenn. It's still in it's baby stages, but I am working on this completely on my own at the moment. I have one town's map complete and have a couple of scripts in it... if anybody wants to help with this hack; i need anybody who can make and insert some sprites and make tilesets.

Back