• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your secret language

Hatsune Mika

FireRed Nuzlocke
Years
  • Idkhiwrttmfs. Hsirtt? Wihyahagdmf. :P I have only known one person that could decode all that without me telling them how to do it.

Years
  • Idkhiwrttmfs. Hsirtt? Wihyahagdmf. :P I have only known one person that could decode all that without me telling them how to do it.

What in the name...? Imagine if everyone spoke in acronyms. As for myself, I don't think I have any sort of "secret languages" between my friends, unless you consider speaking in another language than the majority then sure XD Otherwise, we never bother to come up with our own "language," so to speak, but we have our fair share of inside jokes and what-not.

Shhmew

Years
  • Don't know if this counts, but when my youngest sister was very small she used to call me "Didu" and our other sister "Anan" so now we call each other that by habit. It's even kind of weird calling each other by our real names. xD Our dad calls us that too, even still. In public it makes people really confused.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    I have a secret alphabet and numbering system nobody understands. Not a language, though.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • Dragontopian the language of the ninja squirrels of dragontopian. Only I and my daughter understand this language that my OC ninjas use

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 11, 2020
    Apparently twins come up with languages instinctually that only they can understand during their early years.

I wish I was a twin.

Years
  • Nope, I don't say anything much really outside of the norm.. though sometimes I call my friends by their given nicknames, but that's about it.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    When I was younger, my brother and I created a language. It was really complex for a couple of 10 year olds.

Joel.Lion

Years
  • We have an odd form of improvisational speech that isn't ever the same in which the meaning of the words is dependent on the situation , body language , tokes, etc. Its kind of irrational but we never misunderstand each other. It works well, and after a few hours of interaction outsiders can pick it up fairly easy. It doesn't have a name yet, probably never will.

Last edited:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Inside jokes are a very important thing in just about any friendship for me, but that isn't quite a secret language. When I was younger, me and one of my friends used to make up a lot of our own words and expressions, but it was honestly more for the sake of making something up, and not really anything we ever used, so I wouldn't say so haha.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • Well, it isn't really a secret language since all of you speak it, but my best friend and I spoke to each other in English during a trip we made with other people because no one else spoke, decently at least, English. And it stuck. We still speak to each other in English, especially in text messages.

We now speak more languages, though. So our conversations through Skype and WhatsApp skip from Spanish to English to German to Italian to Portuguese.

Wefe afalsofo hafavefe thifis thifing ifin Spafanifish ifin whifich wefe afadd f's ifin befetweefeen syllafablefes afatefer eafach vofocafal. Ifif youfu reafad ifit ifit ifis eafasy to ufundeferstafand, bufut heafarifing ifit ifis hafard.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • I did that when I was like 12, it was a writing language consisting of dots and lines. We would use it to talk about people without them knowing ;D

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • I use a lot of interesting metaphor in my speaking. It confuses some non-native speakers hopelessly, but I can usually get my message across clearly by shifting to metaphors they will know, or by simply stating it as clearly and simply as possible if that's not an option.

Sometimes the metaphors get more obscure if I'm not trying to say something outright, but anyone who's known me any significant amount of time gets it pretty quickly.

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2021
    My aunt would talk to my grandma is a secret language that I couldn't understand. I would always say "What did she say?"

Sirfetch’d

I used to talk with my brother in our own special language when I was younger so my parents wouldn't understand when we were plotting something haha ;D It was fun and lasted about a year or so before we just eventually grew out of doing it. I can't really remember much about how the words went though as it was several years ago!

manadhon

RTX-008L
    Years
  • I've been developing a simulated language for nearly five years now. It began as a simple alphabet to go along with a game my friend made, and has steadily evolved into a full-fledged language of its own. It has a 22 letter alphabet with 16 consonants and 6 vowels (currently), and, unlike earlier versions, bears little resemblance to English. I have high hopes for it.

Years
  • I made an alternate English alphabet consisting of various little symbols that I drew a few years ago. My friend learned it, but I think they forgot it soon after. I still remember it and write in it all the time when I'm bored in school.

Talon

[font=Cambria]Hidden From Mind[/font]
    Years
  • Well, we sort of do. Its not what you'd think however, we don't talk any different than anyone else, but the things we say are just so stupid that no one understand them. We laugh at certain jokes that others don't seem to get. People stare at us like we're crazy when we laugh at "No Thumb Jimmy" (Long story.).

I sometimes talk to people in mashed languages. I'll start in English, but then, in the middle of a sentence, switch to German, and then Russian, Spanish, and then back to English. Sentences look like this: "So, yesterday, Ich ging и пила una película. The movie war действительно malo." They stare at me, and then I realize what I did. I can't speak German, Russian, or Spanish, but I do know a few words in each, and sometimes I accidentally say those words in the other languages.

Back