• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Shiny Pokemon in ORAS

Years
  • After trying everything to get a shiny and failing miserably, I eventualy just gave up. Today while hatching Cleffa eggs for my team, I got a pleasant surprize when one of them hatched into a shiny with great IVs. I got it with the MM.

Years
  • I've had some luck in ORAS with Shiny findings. First, I was fishing , and found a Shiny Feebas, and then I was interested in fish chaining , so therefore I went from that Feebas and took it to a new level.. I went chain fishing and caught Corphish, Wailmer, Carvanha, Seaking, Remoraid, Barboach, Two shiny Magikarps and another shiny Feebas... And I've gotten lucky with random shiny finds also. I have randomly come across a shiny Makuhita and Zigzagoon as well.. And my recent shiny encounter was a Snover I hatched !

Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2015
    I've never caught a shiny on any of the pokemon games, decided that it was time to end this streak and started chain fishing on route 106. Got a shiny magikarp after about the 50th chain, I now feel a goal has been achieved!

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
  • I haven't had the hang of dexnav chaining so I'll try that in the future.

However I did catch three fish shinies, namely feebas, carvanha and wailmer. Aside from that I succeeded in soft resetting for a shiny regice and lugia. And did catch a random shiny magnemite.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    About 3 minutes ago, I got this on a chain of 6.
    Spoiler:

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
  • Your Shiny Pokemon in ORAS
    Croagunk
    Adamant w/ Dry Skin
    31/31/31/31/31/30

I hatched this near flawless lady last night. It's funny, because out of all the Pokemon I've bred, Croagunk has had the highest chance of hatching shiny. This one hatched within 10-20 eggs of her shiny brother.

I forget just how many eggs I've hatched (definitely less than 700) and got six shiny croagunks. Now if only this luck applies to the ralts that I've hatched over 1,000+ eggs of.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I haven't gotten very many at all, I don't even think I have one caught on this game... Normally I get my shinies from breeding but I haven't done any breeding on it yet so yeah.

I was luckier with X/Y

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years

Modest w/ Turboblaze
    30/31/31/07/05/31

I got this guy today as I was trying to SR for a regular Reshiram with 31/xx/31/31/31/31 IV spread. I ended up getting this shiny one with a lame special attack. But since it is shiny, I decided to keep it. Lots of other Legendary Pokemon out there to try to SR for flawless IVs.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    Although I didn't catch it I do have a Shiny Mew! :D

I'm pretty sure Mew can't legitimately be shiny at all, so it's probably hacked.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Anyways, I don't have a picture, but I caught Shiny Palkia last night when I was SR'ing it. It took SOOOO long though, I was about to give up, then came the sparkle. :D

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
  • I'm pretty sure Mew can't legitimately be shiny at all, so it's probably hacked.
    -------------------------------------------------
    Anyways, I don't have a picture, but I caught Shiny Palkia last night when I was SR'ing it. It took SOOOO long though, I was about to give up, then came the sparkle. :D

It can be legitimately shiny. But only the ones from the faraway island event back in gen 3 in Emerald. There might some legit ones circulating (or clones of them), but the majority of them are hacks. If it's not from a gen 3 game at all it's a hack for sure so yeah.

Also, congrats on the shiny Palkia and Phantump~

Spudyy

Shiny Mew is a thing of beauty!
    Years
  • It can be legitimately shiny. But only the ones from the faraway island event back in gen 3 in Emerald. There might some legit ones circulating (or clones of them), but the majority of them are hacks. If it's not from a gen 3 game at all it's a hack for sure so yeah.

Also, congrats on the shiny Palkia and Phantump~

Well I have no idea, I traded off of an old college mate, how can you tell? I hope it's not cause if it is hacked it would break my heart :/

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2016
    ORAS gave me my first ever proper shiny (not including LoR Gyarados or the Beldum event) - found a shiny Swablu to the south west of Fallabor. Caught in Great Ball, not great stats but I'm hanging on to it (It now has a Master Rank Beauty Contest Ribbon).

Only one I've had from breeding is a shiny Gible when I was breeding for a Garchomp. Sadly it was the rare one in the batch I got that had crap IVs.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    I chained over 200 Clefairy last night, not a single shiny. I decided to try to chain it again a few minutes ago, and this popped up on the first encounter.
    Spoiler:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years

Modest w/ Turboblaze
    30/31/31/07/05/31

I got this guy today as I was trying to SR for a regular Reshiram with 31/xx/31/31/31/31 IV spread. I ended up getting this shiny one with a lame special attack. But since it is shiny, I decided to keep it. Lots of other Legendary Pokemon out there to try to SR for flawless IVs.

So I'm completely late to the party because I just learned that Reshiram and Zekrom aren't shiny locked anymore. xD

Taoni

Ginger Ale
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2017
    I managed to get a shiny swablu after about 200 hoard battles (my first ever shiny encounter ;~;)
    Then a shiny eevee after a 32 chain on the dexnav. :D
    not going to include the shiny beldum from the event or the few off wondertrade,

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
  • So far in Oras i found a shiny Lombre in the wild near meteor falls and got a shiny lugia from wondertrade and a shiny sciscor from GTS

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Online now
    Just got a shiny Zigzagoon while Horde Training. I caught it in a Premier Ball.

Back