• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your Shiny Pokemon in ORAS

LividZephyr

Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks
Years
  • My first AreaNav chain was Sableye... and I got a shiny pretty quickly. This is how I realized that there might be something shiny-related with it.

Too bad its ability is Stall, but a shiny's a shiny.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • So I was working, then on the mid-lunch break I thought, I'll have a quick session on Omega Ruby, so as I was up the top of Sky Pillar (just explorin') I decided to see if I could use the Eon Flute without Latios in my party, and to my surprise, you can! So I backed up a bit and saw a little island which I luckily decided to land on, and searching around I found a hovering ring, like the one I found my [spoiler] Ho-oh [spoiler]in, so I saved before entering and had no clue what Pokémon I would approach, with a good idea it'd be a legendary I went on to see who it was, and I saw a Cobalion, not just a normal Cobalion, but a SHINY COBALION! Without a single reset! I went on to catch it in a Pokéball, it's got a bold nature, any recommendations for which stat I should super train? And any other training tips/move sets/other tips for it?

:)

So have you got/seen any shiny Pokémon on your game yet?

Wow congratulations! :) I remember the same thing when encountering my Shiny Virizion in White2 (Loved it, she is the feminine one imo and she looks pink! :D)

Concerning your Bold Cobalion, since it lowers its attack (-Att +Def) I would super train it in Def and Sp.Def :) Usually a +Att Cobalion would be the best, but meh who cares yours is shiny :D Regarding the moveset I would go with either something like Iron Defense (with BP), Magnet Rise (with BP, maybe, I think this gives you immunity to ground types for 5 turns, since he is part Steel), Toxic to slowly KO your opponent and Stealth Rock. Since yours has higher Def (and Sp.Def) it can serve as a wall. ;) Cobalion is after all, a "Physical Att Pokemon", so it kinda only learns physical moves. Because it's Bold, you should go with building a "wall moveset" so something like this :) Hope I helped and good luck! ;)

PS: I myself already caught 2 shiny Feebas, one of which without chaining :) I'm still into the main story (I like to enjoy this game and take everything as slowly as possible lol), but after the E4 I will chain with the DexNav some more probably and obtaining the Shiny Charm once again :)

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
  • I fished up a shiny Tentacool while looking for a surfer after I had beaten Norman. I didn't even know fish chaining was in ORAS as well but it was less than 5 casts anyway. :C

I named him Metroid! :3

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2016
    After about 150+ hours logged I managed to finally get my first ORAS shiny. a Shiny Growlithe that I managed to hatch after about a box and a half. Too bad it's stats and nature aren't exactly what I'd like, but I guess it's something.

Years
    • Seen Dec 20, 2014
    Chaining out of boredom. First shiny Magikarp (bleh), then shiny Carvanha. Productive afternoon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2014
    So far, I've gotten 4 shiny Wailmers, three of them by accident cause I was trying to get a Staryu for my Pokedex, a shiny Magikarp cause what the hey, why not, a shiny Corphish and a shiny Barboach. All by chain fishing, obviously. With the dex nav I have only got a shiny Ralts but it was male so now I have a shiny Mega Gallade. I now that male Ralts can be Gardevoir but now with Gallade, who can only be male, it doesn't feel right to make a male Ralts a Gardevoir. I don't care how long it takes me, I don't care if I end up getting 40 shiny male Ralts, I will keep doing it until I've gotten a female shiny Ralts haha

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • Your Shiny Pokemon in ORAS

I got this beauty after 206 SRs. I SR'd for an hour on December 10 and SR'd for about 35 minutes on December 11 when it appeared. I wasn't expecting to get Zekrom this early at all even with the Shiny Charm. It took me at least 30 turns to catch it in a Luxury ball, but totally worth it. :3 It's Adamant with approximate IVs of 31 | 31 | 20 | 10 | 31 | 7. I took a video of the moment of capture.

Also, I had a spasm in the #tradecorner.
    [20:46] <~blade> Shiny!!!!
    [20:46] <~blade> Shiny!!!
    [20:46] <~blade> Aaaaa my heart
    [20:51] <+Nug_Sando> shiny what?
    [21:00] <+Sammi> blade is a tease apparently
    [21:00] <+Sammi> (I assume Zekrom or w/e because she was SRing it earlier)
    [21:00] <~blade> I caught him!
    [21:00] <~blade> Adamant likes to thrash about!!!
    [21:02] <~blade> 31 31 20 10 31 7
    [21:02] <~blade> You my friend
    [21:02] <~blade> Suck
    [21:02] <&omicron> what
    [21:02] <&omicron> wow
    [21:02] <~blade> You will be my fly slave
    [21:02] <~blade> Shiny zekrom
    [21:02] <~blade> Got him within 200 SRS
    [21:03] <~blade> Oh jeez I recorded myself and my voice sounds like 5 still
    [21:05] <~blade> Necrum I got my shiny zekrom already
    [21:05] <~blade> I expect u to get the reshiram
    [21:05] <&Wilhelm> :O
    [21:06] <&Wilhelm> How good is it
    [21:06] <&Wilhelm> Did you sync?
    [21:06] <~blade> Yes adamant
    [21:06] <+Nug_Sando> Oh nice
    [21:06] <&Wilhelm> Also im taking a break from playing or hardcore lol
    [21:06] <~blade> 31 31 20 10 31 7 sadly
    [21:07] <+Nug_Sando> Well, which one are you taking a break from :B
    [21:07] <&Wilhelm> How is that sad?
    [21:08] <&Wilhelm> Zekrom is physical
    [21:08] <&Wilhelm> That 31 atk
    [21:08] <~blade> Slow
    [21:09] <~blade> Better than gentle I suppose lol
    [21:09] <&Wilhelm> Idr if i have a modest sync for resh
    [21:09] <&Wilhelm> I have timid tho

Years
  • Your Shiny Pokemon in ORAS

I got this beauty after 206 SRs. I SR'd for an hour on December 10 and SR'd for about 35 minutes on December 11 when it appeared. I wasn't expecting to get Zekrom this early at all even with the Shiny Charm. It took me at least 30 turns to catch it in a Luxury ball, but totally worth it. :3 It's Adamant with approximate IVs of 31 | 31 | 20 | 10 | 31 | 7. I took a video of the moment of capture.

Also, I had a spasm in the #tradecorner.
    [20:46] <~blade> Shiny!!!!
    [20:46] <~blade> Shiny!!!
    [20:46] <~blade> Aaaaa my heart
    [20:51] <+Nug_Sando> shiny what?
    [21:00] <+Sammi> blade is a tease apparently
    [21:00] <+Sammi> (I assume Zekrom or w/e because she was SRing it earlier)
    [21:00] <~blade> I caught him!
    [21:00] <~blade> Adamant likes to thrash about!!!
    [21:02] <~blade> 31 31 20 10 31 7
    [21:02] <~blade> You my friend
    [21:02] <~blade> Suck
    [21:02] <&omicron> what
    [21:02] <&omicron> wow
    [21:02] <~blade> You will be my fly slave
    [21:02] <~blade> Shiny zekrom
    [21:02] <~blade> Got him within 200 SRS
    [21:03] <~blade> Oh jeez I recorded myself and my voice sounds like 5 still
    [21:05] <~blade> Necrum I got my shiny zekrom already
    [21:05] <~blade> I expect u to get the reshiram
    [21:05] <&Wilhelm> :O
    [21:06] <&Wilhelm> How good is it
    [21:06] <&Wilhelm> Did you sync?
    [21:06] <~blade> Yes adamant
    [21:06] <+Nug_Sando> Oh nice
    [21:06] <&Wilhelm> Also im taking a break from playing or hardcore lol
    [21:06] <~blade> 31 31 20 10 31 7 sadly
    [21:07] <+Nug_Sando> Well, which one are you taking a break from :B
    [21:07] <&Wilhelm> How is that sad?
    [21:08] <&Wilhelm> Zekrom is physical
    [21:08] <&Wilhelm> That 31 atk
    [21:08] <~blade> Slow
    [21:09] <~blade> Better than gentle I suppose lol
    [21:09] <&Wilhelm> Idr if i have a modest sync for resh
    [21:09] <&Wilhelm> I have timid tho

I have to say, your voice sounds really beautiful. But aside from that, congrats on that Zekrom! Has a really great nature and everything, especially those solid perfect IVs in HP, Attack and Sp. Defense.

Also, I really love the 6th Gen version of Reshiram & Zekrom's encounter theme

Sadly I haven't played yet so no OR/AS shinies, but who knows maybe I might eventually find one when I'm playing?

Esoj

Ekruum Fortrez
    Years
    • PR
    • Seen Jul 9, 2015
    My first shiny was a male Purugly, it appeared randomly while I was exploring the Mirage Forest. I caught it with the Premier Ball. :)

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • Conveniently just came across this thread after chain fishing for Feebas. I caught two shiny ones before my chain broke, which are my only ORAS shinies aside from Metagross, which is an event.

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years
  • Still hunting for my shiny Latios from Southern Island. So far 535 run away encounters, and nothing yet. Hopefully soon.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Got a shiny seedot with bullet seed, pickpocket, and 3ivs through dex nav chaining last night. It came after like 220 encounters with the shiny charm, not sure this works and almost gave up but glad i didn't.

Nusdogg

6IV Shiny Master
    Years
  • Just caught my shiny Wailmer on route 126 using fishing chain method. Took me only 20 tries, but there it is. Just a couple mins ago, I also caught a shiny Magikarp, and that took me 57 tries. It usually don't go past 25 tries.

Disolia

Friend of the Lurantis
    Years
    • MI
    • Seen Aug 14, 2019
    Kirlia:
    Randomly attempted them when hunting for a Ralts with modest nature; got them with a brave nature.
    I didn't mind that it's nature was bad though, they're adorable and now a part of my main team, and I don't plan to evolve them to a Gardevoir.
    Your Shiny Pokemon in ORAS

Nincada:
    Obtained attempting the navdex method; I just wanted to see if it worked.
    Gave it away by accident in a wonder trade for a Zigzagoon; don't regret it.
    Your Shiny Pokemon in ORAS

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
    Years
  • YEEEEESSSSSH

after an unusually long Shiny drought,

I finally CAUGHT my first Omega Ruby Shiny!

it may only be a Tentacool, but it's the start of a glorious Hoenn Shiny Hunting Adventure! :)

Years
  • I'm in the process of trying to get a shiny Feebas, since they made it easier to catch him in these games and he's able to be chained via fishing. No luck so far, but I know it works. I was successful with chaining by fishing in XY.

Other than that, no shines in Hoenn for me yet :l

Back