• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Your shiny pokemon

Yamichu

o.O;
Years
    • Age 119
    • Seen May 21, 2004
    I've got shiney Tyranitar and (it took awhile) SHINEY LUGIA! On Sapphire I got a pink Kyogre! I haven't found any on my Ruby yet though...

Oh yeah the red Gyarados!

Kairyu

speedy digital tablet artist
    Years
  • I haven't run into any Hikaru (shiny) pokemon in Pokemon R/S as of yet. I hope I do eventually:P.
    But the only Hikaru Pokemon I've actually caught in the wild was Lickitung in Pokemon Gold, lol. And I will mention I didn't cheat to get him either, heck why would I?

Last edited:

Hikaru's Twin

Clinging to Mrs. Christie
    Years
  • Kairyu said:
    I haven't run into any Hikaru (shiny) pokemon in Pokemon R/S as of yet. I hope I do eventually:P.
    But the only Hikaru Pokemon I've actually caught in the wild was Lickitung, lol. And I will mention I didn't cheat to get him either, heck why would I?

Um...Kairyu, what in the world is your post supposed to mean?! It doesn't quite make sense o_O
    Either my eyes are deceiving me or the name "Hikaru" is actually in your post twice, with no reference to the rest of the post. lol

Kairyu

speedy digital tablet artist
    Years
  • Hikaru's Twin said:
    Um...Kairyu, what in the world is your post supposed to mean?! It doesn't quite make sense o_O
    Either my eyes are deceiving me or the name "Hikaru" is actually in your post twice, with no reference to the rest of the post. lol

lol, I'm sorry if my post made no sense I guess I'll try to fix that.

Over here my group doesn't refer the "odd" pokemon as shiny, rather we call them "Hikaru" pokemon. Its the japanese meaning to shine, be brilliant, glitter.. you get the idea:P.
    I hope that made more sense, lol.

Hikaru's Twin

Years
  • Kairyu said:
    lol, I'm sorry if my post made no sense I guess I'll try to fix that.

Over here my group doesn't refer the "odd" pokemon as shiny, rather we call them "Hikaru" pokemon. Its the japanese meaning to shine, be brilliant, glitter.. you get the idea:P.
    I hope that made more sense, lol.

Well, yes i did know the meaning lol. I just didn't pick up what you meant, geez i'm such an idiot -_-;
    Anyway thank you for explaining. ^_^

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
  • caught:
    red Gyarados (duh)
    Ditto (from Ditto r/b/y trick)

traded from someone that caught it:
    Ekans, Arbok
    Weepinbell, Victreebel

hatched from eggs:
    Larvitar, Pupitar, Tyranitar
    Sneasel
    Cleffa, Clefairy, Clefable
    Aipom
    Qwilfish
    Yanma
    Mareep, Flaaffy, Ampharos
    Marill, Azumarill
    Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu

Lady Umbreon

Teh Sophomore of DOOM!
    Years
  • Porygon said:
    I don't even bother searching for shinies, they're just bragging rights and usually at a lower–level than non–shiny ones I already have.

I think, though, that shinies are more special because they are much harder to get than regular Pokemon, rarer than legendaries, and unique to the trainer! :P

I only have the Gyrados... :(

Last edited:

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
  • The only shiney I found in gsc besides gyrados was a heracross
    Your shiny pokemon

Enix-Zae

1000 posts by 2020
    Years
  • heh, i had a shiney vileplume on sapphire, which i had evolved from an oddish ^_^ but i traded ti to a friend :P

Years
    • Seen Mar 8, 2004
    I started playing Crystal yesterday (I love the old games :))
    Except for Gyarados I got a shiny Abra,Stantler and Ariados.

Hikaru's Twin

Years
  • Shineyelectrode said:
    ok here's what you do, you... well it takes a while to explain it, so I'll just put it in picture form This is what you do: :dead:

What?! So in order to get an Igglybuff to evolve, you're supposed to stick an arrow through it's head? Oh well i never knew that.

Seriously though in order to get your Igglybuff to evolve, you're better always keeping it at the top of your team, if your Igglybuff's at a low level when facing high level pokemon use the bait and retreat tatic, which i'm sure is obvious enough. But do make sure it does get it's fair share of battling pokemon by its self. Try to avoid letting it's HP bar turn red, or letting it faint; the same goes for letting it get Poisoned, Burned etc. Give it an item to hold. Take it to the Haircut brother's as often as possible....and that's all i can think of right now, though i've likely missed out something, but remember things like evolution by happiness take time so be patient...

EDIT: eep...there i go yet again missing another post. Looks like i just wasted all my time typing that up. -_-;;

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 23, 2004
    I have only seen 1 shiney besides Gyarados and that was a shiney red geodude in Mt.Mortar when i was looking for Marill

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 23, 2004
    I have only seen 1 shiney besides Gyarados and that was a shiney red geodude in Mt.Mortar when i was looking for Marill.

Back