• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your signature type?

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
    If you had to make A team with all pokemon sharing one common element what do you use?

I personaly use water because Its simply so diverse. If I tried I could probably name a water pokemon with every other sub element except fire!

Though ironicly my very first pokemon was fire and I love the fire element... but its just not as diverse and has more common weaknesses like the ever powerfull earthquake, surf ect...

Water can easily block out its 2 weaknesses with sub elements like

swampert,gastrodon,quagsire,whiscash (and launtern if its got volt absorb) can all negate electric.

Most water pokemon can learn ice beam which negates grass aswell as some sub elements like flying or dragon.

Zaroas

Dragon's Might
    Years
    Steel, because it's sturdy yet strong. Some Pokemon, like Forretress and Skarmory and very good defense wise while Pokemon like Scizor can be extremely powerful. It can be very diverse like water, as well as unpredictable.
    Ironically, my first non-starter Pokemon, Magnemite, is steel type.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Poison because of their show and tactical battle strategy. :D

Toxic everything in your path, perhaps flamethrower'ing the occasional steel-type, and it's only a matter of stalling until you win. :P

Years
    Fire, as I have always loved that type for it pure strenght.

Also, Psychic for that same reason (being introduced to pokemon through the first movie kinda made an impression regarding the psychic type :P)

Agent Clank

Bye PC
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2011
    Eletric.
    Because I'm always suprisingly good with them and I seem to always pull through.

Years
    F-F-F-F-F-FIRE! I love to burn everything I can in the game. It's quite powerful type. Psychic is my second signature type and Electric is the third.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Grass... now shame there are no grass+flying Pokemon (none I've seen anyway) since I tend to use birds. Put you to sleep, leech seed you, poison, stun; the monsters themselves aren't often particularly strong but you can in a way just sit back and wait for your enemy to whittle away, plus they tend to have healing moves like Synthesis and XXXXdrain.

okjoek

Hoenn champ
    Years
    Yea, how can you forget tropius and jumpluff?

fire sadly has too many obvious weaknesses like the ever common earthquake and how water pokemon outnumber fire pokemon in the pokedex overall.

I still manage to make it sucessfull through a number of tricks like will-o-wisping and putting a grass sunny day/solar beamer into the team aswell as a poison pokemon that can use flamethrower.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
    Fire and Fighting are kinda tied. Fire types are my Favorite Starters (except for Feraligatr) and Blaziken and Infernape are my Favorite Starters overall. Plus Magmortar and Lucario are some of my other favorite Pokemon. After that, I would have to say... Flying.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Yea, how can you forget tropius and jumpluff?
    Jumpluff... I dunno actually.
    Tropius, I don't like it much and barely ever see it. I've only ever seen one trainer with one... :/

Still, neither of them are birdlike.

Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2010
    Tied between Dark and Ghost for me (...so obvious >.> ) at first I was more of a Water user but after 3rd gen. I dunno..everything shifted for me xD (maybe because it was the first time i didn't use water as a starter?) though lately i've been leaning more towards Ghost...

The Red Chain

I'm very fond of all the psychic type Pokemon. They are very fun to use~
    I already have a mono-type team I'm working on.. currently consisting of Metagross, Espeon and Girafarig.

Before you say anything, Girafarig is fun for Baton Passing. It's not totally useless. D':
    I'm liking the idea of using Jumpluff and Roserade together more and more though lately..
    Maybe I'll give Grass a try sometime. :D

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    How about normal types? :) They're, imo, the most diverse of any type, seeing that they can learn a ton of TMs, even though it's weird seeing a Furret with Flamethrower, Zigzagoon with Surf, and Persian with Shadow Ball. Oh, and let's not forget that normal types include the ~fabulous~ Smeargle. ;) But I can find a way to work with any type, really. I love diversity among teams and movesets.

Back