• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your spoiler cut-off?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    So we have roughly until September at the earliest until the games are going to release. That leaves us with at least six months between the release of the games and now. All we really know is that the games are called Sun and Moon, and that they're the new generation of Pokemon games. The rest is all up to speculation.

With that said, how long are you willing to stick around before you're loaded with too much information? What stage (of information) is too much? Or are you just like "nope, done now."

If the games are released a few days before another region, will you still stick around Pokemon communities, knowing that there's a risk of being spoilered? Or maybe it doesn't matter and you thrive on more information. Discuss!

Sirfetch’d

Spoilers don't bother me as long as they aren't like major dialogue spoilers. I don't mind seeing all of the new Pokemon in advance or even pictures of the region but I don't want the storyline spoiled. I want to experience that without knowing what is going to happen.

pkmin3033

In most cases with games I tend to avoid all spoilers after the initial announcement until the release date, but with Nintendo I trust them to reveal information that won't spoil the experience for me, so I don't really have a spoiler cutoff...at least, not from official sources. Once the leaks start, I'm done with it. I don't play Pokemon for the story - if I did, I'd have quit a long time ago! - so any and all information I can get about the nuances in the gameplay are welcome; they keep me interested in the game.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I like seeing all the new Pokemon, so usually by the time people are first getting their hands on the game I'll be keeping an eye out for new Pokemon being leaked.

I don't want to know much about the actual region, storyline or characters though. (especially the region) So I'm usually reasonably successful at keeping my discovery of those things to a minimum.

For the 6th gen I was lucky to find a thread on neogaf that was only interested in spoiling all the new Pokemon and not the rest of the game. I pretty much lived in that thread (well, in terms of Pokemon) until I got my copy of the game. (I think it would be nice to have a thread like that on Pokecommunity when the time comes, somewhere solely dedicated to Pokemon leaks and everything else is off limits)

Last edited:

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
  • Seeing a sample of what the Pokemon would look like. I still remember that the Poke-animes gave some of us a sneak peek of some of the upcoming creatures in the generation such as Lucario and Zoroark who represented their generations pretty well. After seeing Magiana, i think i have a feeling where the monster design team is going at.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I try to keep the story a secret for me to discover, but it's been spoiled by the early leaks...I hope we don't get them too early like with XY.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2016
    Only time I will ever cut-off spoilers is if somebody leaks every single Pokemon. I didn't mind the X/Y spoilers because they were just a few Pokemon at a time and I was still discovering new ones when I played.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • I'm gonna avoid seeing what every new pokemon are until I've played the game except for ones that are revealed in pre release material such as trailers, the anime and CoroCoro magazine. I want the new pokemon to be a surprise when I play the game for myself.

As for story spoilers, I never know what they are until I play the game anyway so I never get spoiled by them unless I were to deliberately look for them online. I also always avoid who the gym leaders and elite four are.

Hopefully, the games will come out on the same date in every region like X/Y did so we might not have to worry about spoilers.

poop face

currently playing crystal ♡
    Years
  • I want to go into the game blinded, but lbr, I can't wait that long and the anticipation is going to kill me.

If anything, I would look at the trailers just to see how the graphics are, that's about it though. I never read up on it or check out the Dex, mostly since it doesn't occur to me to do that kind of thing

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I want to know everything about these games (and most games) before they release. Story, location, Pokemon, post-game, everything.

Years
  • Normally I like looking at every little spoiler and leak, but this time I'm gonna try and take in as few spoilers as possible. No new Pokemon, no plot, no nothing. Things like where the new region is based on and the general layout of the place, and other little things like that, I'm fine with.

Years
  • Once we see the starters, box legends, region, and have a general idea of GF's direction with the game/what to expect, I'm out.

I followed everything pre-release for X/Y, and while it drew me back into the franchise after losing interest, it kinda ruined X/Y for me. I'm trying to not let that happen again.

HyperJono

Fanfic Writer, Pokeshipper, Lover of Pokemon
    Years
  • I don't have a problem with spoilers about thePokemon in the region but my spoiler cut off is any related to the plot or story of the game whether it be characters or Pokemon though starters are not inculded

Years
  • I tried to avoid X and Y spoilers like the plague, and I think I stayed away from everything as early as 4 months before the release date. Obviously there were a few things that were unavoidable (such as the introduction of the Fairy type), but I managed to stay surprisingly spoiler free right through the release.

Once we're within a month or two or so of Sun and Moon's release, I'll probably start avoiding spoilers, but I don't think I'll mind as much if I find things out early this time around.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I personally don't mind spoilers this time around. I know in the past I was able to read everything but not absorb anything, but this time? I am way too hyped to not check up on every single spoiler. I legit crave more information (mainly because I was wanting Generation 7 - I was super excited for 7 rather than Z and when I heard about Zygarde I was like nooo I want Gen 7!!)

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • I gotta see the Box Legends to pick a game. Maybe the starters. But I don't want to see too much before I discover it in game. Hawlucha was that one I knew nothing about until in-game and it saw such a good moment.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
  • I must admit that the games are so much more enjoyable when you know less about them prior to playing. Other than Mega evolution, I have seen close to nothing Gen iV had to offer till I started playing XY.

Not knowing the dex and the region makes the games feel so much more like an actual adventure to me. And that is why I really loved my first playthrough of X.

I don't think you'll find me here when images of more new Pokemon are being published.

Back