• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen your starter follows you?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It's a possibility that they might follow the trainer even if evolved because of how they made it in Platinum through Amity Square. That game holds a lot of reference to the remake, so there are many things they can take and add it into the game.

As for the Pichu and not seeing hte starter, it could possibly be because it's an event side quest after the Elite perhaps, which is why the starter doesn't show up and is replaced by Pichu for the time being.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I don't know if they did this in yellow, but if the Pokémon does follow you and you click on it, will it make its natural sound, I wonder?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    What if your Starter Evolved? Still he will follow you or what?

That hasn't been confirmed as yet, but I'm hoping it still will, becaue having a large Typhlosion behind me would be really cool to see.

Years
  • I don't know if they did this in yellow, but if the Pokémon does follow you and you click on it, will it make its natural sound, I wonder?

I would love that! ^_^ That was my favorite feature in Yellow version. (Along w/ Jessie and James from Team Rocket.) I loved when Pikachu sang "pika-pika choo-ooh." I wouldn't mind hearing Chikorita saying "Chika!" I hope they do that. (But if they didn't, I don't think I would mind.)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Did Pikachu use to sing? Well, if it speaks [its digital noise], I think they could possibly do it...

Cloudskye

My Own Personal Hell
    Years
  • Whilst it is a cool idea, i really hope i can turn it off as i would get annoyed with it after awhile
    How could you get annoyed with something like that? You had to deal with Pikachu in Yellow. I think it's a good idea. :)

^^ Yeah, Pikachu DID sing. I just re-played the game last night, so I noticed that.

Years
  • (I still have Yellow version. I only paid $8 for it.)

I like the feature of the starter following the main character. (I was hoping for it when I was back in Amity Square. I wished some of them followed throughout the entire game.)

Norcinu

Beginning Snagger
    Years
  • I like the idea to have other Pokemon follow you as well (one at a time of course or else it'd be very crowded XD) maybe the first Pokemon on your team?

I remember playing Yellow, Pikachu had different responces whenever you spoke to it, it'd either be angry, sad, happy, really happy, etc... So cuute~

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I'm sure it'll be one at a time, and not something like a crowd in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon. Also, I don't know if it may be able to be turned off or on, because of how Pikachu was forced to stick with us when on our team in Yellow version. Though, now that things have changed, they can probably make it optional for players, which we might find out sooner or later as more news keeps coming in.

Years
  • If your trainer went on the bike, what if your starter was on the bike as well? Or on your shoulder? They have some bikes with double seats...so it would be funny to see Feraligatr on a bike with you. (I know in yellow, the pokemon didn't go on a bike w/ you, but it would be kinda funny to see.)

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It might and might not be optional. What I'm more thinking of though is that when you surf, on water and have to ride your bike, then I that is when I think it might go back inside the Pokéball, other than that I think it might continue to follow us.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • This sounds so cool, and cute. But where do you find all of your information? I would love to be up to date with information on the new game.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    It's not information I got, it is speculation I'm making on the starter following us, sorry for the confusion. Though, for information, the official Japanese site has some about the remakes, and expect new CoroCoro scans coming in early to mid June sometime.

sirboulevard

Apricorn Maniac
    Years
  • Based on that one picture in Ilex where the Pikachu Colored-Pichu is following Gold, I think it will be optional and that only starters and some special event pokemon.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Yeah, same here, seeing Pichu following us, I think either a few event Pokémon will have the option of following us or just a select few.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • I agree. The event Pokémon and your starter might be the only ones to follow you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back