• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your Starter Pokémon?

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    In Black and White, we were given the chance to choose either Tepig, Snivy, or Oshawott as our starters--which did you select? In Black, I chose Tepig; for some reason, I always have the tendency to go with the fire-type when picking starter. Not sure why, though. xD" In my second run, I went with Snivy. In Pokémon White, I selected Oshawott.

Years
  • In my playthrough of Black, I obviously chose Oshawott because well I am not "that Oshawott girl" for nothing you know. Plus, he's the easiest of the bunch to use in my opinion and not the only one with the wonky stats.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    My first playthrough I chose Oshawott. Admittedly just so I could get Pansear and then box the lil' otter for the rest of the game. >>"

But after that, I always just went with Tepid. I love the lil' guy so much. and his evo line is so epic. <3
    It's a little funny to me because normally I rather really dislike fire-type, but Tepig, Pignite, and Emboar I really enjoy. .u.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I choose Snivy a lot of times, sometimes I go with oshawott

I wasn't careful of my options as Snivy and it's evolution got much trouble to counter, Tepig soon after Piginte and emboar will be lotsa hell towards it. Oshawott just clear the cleaning with Ice Beam or Aerial Ace XD or even mega horn

Years
  • I picked Snivy first time I went through Black, picked Oshawott when I went through White and I picked Tepig in one of my runthroughs of White 2.

Years
  • I chose Oshawatt in my white version and then Snivy in my white 2, but now I have all three of the starters. I really don't use emboar any, just a pokedex filler if you ask me.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    In my first run of Pokemon White in 2011, I picked Snivy because I loved its design, and I didn't like the Tepig and Oshawott lines back then. By the time Black 2 and White 2 came out, I had warmed up to the Oshawott line, but I still went with Snivy because there were better Water types available, like Azumarill, Starmie, and Lapras. That, and I still like the designs of the Snivy line more. I don't mind using the Oshawott line in ROM hacks, though.

Years
  • I picked Snivy in my first Black and my first White playthroughs. Also, I picked Snivy for my Black 2 playthrough... You might say that I'ma fan of the Snivy line...

I have used the other two in other playthroughs of the game, but I just like Serperior a lot.

Years
  • I first went for oshawott because I felt bad that no one liked his line haha, and I thought he seemed pretty cool. On my next playthrough I went for snivy and then on my third I went for tepig. Oshawott was good for my first choice though, although late game he ended up being a little weak. :< But that was okay because he had a rockin' mustache :D

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • At fist when i played White, chose Snivy. Then, doing a Nuzlocke, chose Tepig. Then, did another challenge,picked Oshawott. If you ask me it's a matter of feel. If i play and i feel like picking Tepig imma pick Tepig.

Dusk White

Terra's Protege
    Years
    • Seen Apr 3, 2014
    My first b/w starter was oshawott because he looks cool when he evolves to dewott

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    My first was snivy because of my affinity to train grass types aside from dragon types.

WonderfulWhiscash

Murderous Magikarp
    Years
  • I picked Tepig, because I see Oshawott as hideous, and I'm indifferent to Snivy. But something strange with me is that two of each type of starter are my favourites! Squirtle and Totodile, Chimchar and Tepig, and Treecko and Snivy. Also Tepig himself just looks awesome and you can name it SmokyBacon

Lethality

Teh Trueblade
    Years
  • Wasn't really too fond of any of the 5th gen starters but I'd usually go with Oshawott because it fits my offensive minded play style. I know Tepig has good offense too but it's too slow for me.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I went with Oshawott in Black and Tepig in White. It's been a tradition for me to use the Water and Fire starters.

Super Bling

Clair pretty thick, huh?
    Years
    • Seen May 10, 2014
    Squirtle, Chickorita, Treecko, Mudkip, Torchic, Turtwig, Oshawott, Snivy,
    Used Charizard before, but from another friends game.
    All were used in either remakes or one of the versions in their respective series.

Last edited:

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • In both Black & White I went with Oshawott. I bought B2W2 twice before buying the originals, so I had tried every starter by then.

Out of the 3, I loved Oshawott the most, and it evolves to even better looking Dewott (many times I choose not to evolve it). I also choose mainly Oshawott's line since I love otters.

Back