• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your Starter Pokémon?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    No matter how many times I restart Black, White, or Black 2, my starter Pokemon is always Oshawott. I like the base form of all three Unova starters, but Samurott is the final form I like the most and find the most useful.

DarkPoke001

Newfound Love For Togekiss
    Years
  • i chose Snivy! but seriously, i chose it for no other reason than i have a kind of weird obsession with ALWAYS choosing the grass-type starter pokémon with EVERY generation,

Red, Yellow, Leafgreen -bulbasaur
    Gold,Silver,Crystal - Chikorita
    Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald -Treecko
    Diamond, Platinum -turtwig
    Soulsilver- Chikorita
    White, Black 2 - Snivy
    Y - Chespin

does anyone else do this? :)

Years
  • For BW and BW2 I chose Snivy. I usually choose the fire type as a starter (like quite a few people), but I really didn't like the design of Emboar at the time. This was before I really cared about stats and moves though.

victini91

Star of the Victory
    Years
  • I'm a bit stat geeky when choosing starters, but I choose Oshawott for it's mixed ability and my fond of otters, too. By 2nd, Snivy. Last, Tepig. It's happening in both BW and B2W2.

Years
  • I choose Oshawott in White and I loved it. Great moveset, and there's not too many good water Pokémon in Unova. When I got White 2 I decided I would switch it up and got Tepig, but I was very disappointed and ended up boxing it for most of the game.

netherbooger

accidental aquanaut
    Years
  • im scrolling through and seeing a lot of oshawotts and snivys, which are solid choices, but honestly? i chose tepig. i cant help but always automatically default to fire.

Years
  • I chose Snivy in both Black and Black 2; ever since I saw the new starters I knew that he was my favorite. And I think his evolutionary line is very cool. I like Tepig very well too, but I'm not a big fan of his evolutionary line.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I don't like the first evolution sprites for Snivy or Oshawott, so I chose Tepig in Pokemon Black. Not a big fan of Fire starters (twisted fire starters.. Yeaaaaah) turning into Fire-Fight(ers) (See what Game Freak did there?), but Emboar is a really strong slab of bacon when used correctly.

For the used Black 2 I purchased, I restarted the game and chose Snivy. I reset until I got a Nature I thought would be good (Modest), but then it seems that Snivy+ all want to use physical attacks... FML. He still does alright for himself. Running - Leaf Tornado/Return/Bind/Leech Seed at the moment; holding Leftovers.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
    Years
  • I chose Snivy in my first BW playthrough and Tepig in BW2. Oshawott's probably the best in-game, though (unfortunately, it is also the ugliest imo).

Donut

Spriter
    Years
  • I chose Oshawat in Black and Tepig in White. But I picked Snivy when I replayed Pokemon Black Version!

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    I picked Oshawott in Pokemon White. I picked Oshawott because Samurott has good base attack and special attack.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2023
    When I first played White I choose Oshawott, and on Black I used Snivy. Then I restarted Black and used Tepig, and on White 2 I used Oshawott. I restarted Black again and chose Snivy, and I chose Oshawott on Black 2.

Sooooo, a lot of Oshawott's. Haha. :D

Your Starter Pokémon?

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I'm normally the one who chooses Grass a lot, but for the first time, in Black, I chose the fire Pokemon Tepig. I'm not too sure why I chose it in the first place, something about it appealed to me. Roast pork perhaps? Now I'm spouting gibberish. XD

Back