• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Your Starter Pokémon?

Arylett Charnoa

No one in particular.
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 5, 2023
    My starter was Snivy due to the fact that its evolution looks like something I'd design. So graceful is Seperior, such beautiful elegance. In-battle, it also proves surprisingly useful with its speed and ability to use Gastroacid which tends to mess people up. :3 Also, Dragon Tail is a fun trolling move.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I chose Oshawott in my first playthrough. I was lucky to get a female one so I could breed. Samurott is pretty powerful, imo! It's a wonderful evolved starter. :)

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 23, 2020
    Snivy, who I have now trained up to Lv100. Not the best starter I have ever had but picked him as I preferred him over the two alternatives.

Azu

Don't touch my milk.
    Years
  • Tepig, because well fire starters always seem very strong and Tepig was adorable. Though I have to say he sounded more adorable in my head than in the series QQ -major disappoint-.

Years
  • Wasn't a big fan of the Unova starters personally, my brother got the game before me and chose Oshawott so i basically had the choice of Tepig or Snivy, chose Tepig simply because I prefer fire type Pokemon. Like the design of Snivy but Serperior didn't appeal to me as much as Emboar did even though it's a fat sack of ham

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Everyone who knows me are aware I'm an avid Water-type user. However when it comes to starters no favoritism is played.~ x'D I love them all equally! I chose Tepig for B2, Snivy for W2 while Oshawott for both BW. :D :D :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    When I first played through White, I had chosen Oshawott. I had heard from a few friends that it had gotten a really got signature move, and that it's final evolution was amazing. I quite liked all of them, but Oshawott from what I heard was the choice to go with.

I did end up liking it a lot! It was the first I raised to Level 100 in B/W, plus it had Megahorn <33 It's sitting in my party in my Y version right now hehe

Years
    • Age 28
    • USA
    • Seen May 31, 2014
    I normally chose the fire type starter when I play a game. For White and White 2 I used tepig because I love fire pokemon and hes fighting type too.

JollyHaxorus

Dragon Type
    Years
  • My first time I picked Snivy due to its design. I recognize it's not even close to being the best choice, but it's design is awesome. I really dislike the Tepig line. And I've used Oshawott several times.

I played a hack of B/W called BlazeBlack by Drayano and Snivy is awesome in that because you could get his 'Contrary' DW ability.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I went with Oshawott because I always go for the water-type starter my first time through a generation. Frankly, I didn't really like Snivy and Tepig's lines too much (especially Emboar), so even if I hadn't been leaning towards water to begin with, the start designs would have shifted me towards Oshawott.

DarkSerenity

Kari-Chan
    Years
  • Snivy, of course :pink_wink:
    I chose Snivy because I like the look of it XD That's how I usually choose my starters :P
    I don't regret choosing Snivy. I'm not a fan of Tepig, and Oshawott would be my second choice.

Salamence62

you're gonna hear me rawr :3
    Years
  • at first i chose Tepig but on my next file i chose Oshawott, i didn't like the look of Snivy, haha.

I found Oshawott to be more handy, but i still love tepig. <3

Years
  • I chose Snivy because of how cool he looked compared to the other two starters. I have never used a Grass-type as a starter Pokemon until Gen 5, so my first run in White felt different than my first runs in previous games.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    I picked Oshawott because it's kinda cute, and I liked the whole samurai thing Samurott had going on. Second choice would have been Snivy, that line's pretty cool too.

Back