• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your strongest, most trivial Pokemon opinion?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    What is that one thought related to the franchise you have that you'd always stand by and would refuse to change your mind to, even if it sounds ridiculous.

For me, I think the best descision ever made in the whole franchise was not the physical/special split, not abilities, but in fact, the removal of gyms in gen7.

I'm sorry, but that had to happen. It didn't feel realistic to have the same formula for two decades and seeing that they'd be willing to do something unexpected was excellent and I recommend future generations to also switch up the formula to an extent. And I did enjoy the trials as well.

Years
    The real time clock (as in, the time in-game matched the system time) was vastly superior to the 72min day/night cycle in SV. It helped you immerse yourself in the world and it was cool seeing different kinds of Pokemon depending on when you were playing IRL. I've heard arguments that this is unfair to people who can only play at certain times, but that's what changing the system clock is for.

SteCisGreendog

Iron Armour Forever
    Years
    The 'bump' sound effect when walking into non-collision objects was hideously asinine to my ears and I've never been happier to hear it was removed from Gen 8. It's more or less the reason I play the games with the volume off and use other form of music instead.

Explorer of Time

Advocate of Ideals
    Years
    Another pet peeve of mine that Pokemon has but isn't specific to the series is gender-locked clothing, especially in the early games where you get exactly one outfit per gender and the girl's was either shorts or a skirt. Even though I'm a woman, I almost always end up playing a male character in DPPt because I hate Dawn's outfit and I want to actually wear pants, and whenever I play X and Y, there's always some clothing that I want for my character (whether playing a boy or girl) but can't get because Game Freak gender-locked it for no reason.

Years
    Secret Bases ought to have stayed a permanent feature of Pokemon. The underworld bases in Sinnoh do not count: I want to be able to make a home on my favorite overworld route in any game, not just in a cave somewhere.
    Aw man yeah. I loved these. Especially since the features we do have in recent games (dorm room) can't be decorated for some reason. :s

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Thought of a few small opinions (no shiny mark for the new Lock-On feature, the unfortunate removal of L=A, Rose being the worst villain in Pokemon). Realized a far more trivial, but still strong opinion.

Your strongest, most trivial Pokemon opinion?

Definitely showed up in underwear here. Refuses to believe anything else. Does not care about those pocket seams.

Is not bothered by it. Questions why nobody in-game talks about it, though, not even Oleana.

Leywin

Zeraora's Trainer
    Years
    Thought of a few small opinions (no shiny mark for the new Lock-On feature, the unfortunate removal of L=A, Rose being the worst villain in Pokemon). Realized a far more trivial, but still strong opinion.

View attachment 153164

Definitely showed up in underwear here. Refuses to believe anything else. Does not care about those pocket seams.

Is not bothered by it. Questions why nobody in-game talks about it, though, not even Oleana.

Lmao I wondered the same thing when I saw him. I was like "Are those boxers? Or just shorts that look like boxers?" They aren't underwear because if you look closely they have pockets.

As for my opinion on this thread I think they should have kept Synchronize's overworld effect in scarlet and violet. I know they could have easily put it in since they kept it in Sword and Shield. Either they got lazy (Just like the work they put into SV.) or they completely forgot about it. And believe me it would make things alot easier if they did keep the overworld ability in since that could cut the time to get the right nature for a pokemon by half since you would no longer have to randomly breed until you get one.

Days
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    People misinterpret difficulty in Pokemon games. They haven't gotten any easier, they've just gotten less time-consuming. Just because you spend less time grinding levels doesn't make the games any easier, and people who complain about the difficulty in Pokemon also seem to forget that they've been playing for many years and have an intimate knowledge of how the games work at this point. Of course it's going to feel easier. But the game design and philosophy has remained fundamentally the same, and if you didn't know type matchups, or kept your Pokemon within the same level range as your opponent, you'd find them just as challenging as you did your first title.

Years
    • Seen today
    Elite Four rematches are pointless padding. There's no reason for the "strongest" trainers in the region to hold back jack when battling for the Champion title, they should fight with all their strength right away because it's just silly that in most of the games nobody wants to show their true strength until the post-game.

Yes, I know that might be harsh to newcomers or casual audiences, but overlevelling is allways an option for those who might feel that the game got too hard and don't want to change their team or improve their movesets/strategies.

Charcadet121

Emotional Warrior of Justice
    Days
    One thing that I hate in the games (that only got partially fixed in Gen 9) is the inability of the player to jump. Like, Ik that jumping is not usually a feature in Pokémon, but I would just like to be able to jump, even if it makes no sense on a game play perspective.

RadEmpoleon

Empress of Randomness
    Years
    I don't like how location-specific evolutions (Crabrawler into Crabominable, Eevee into Leafeon/Glaceon) have been changed to just be evolution stones. (I haven't played any games past gen 7, so I don't exactly know when this was changed)

Gen 6's PSS System was the best online connection. MILES better than Festival Plaza.

PWT is far superior to any of the battle facilities. That was my favorite part about White 2 as a kid. I played it ALL the time.

Years
    Secret bases should have been a main stay feature
    Mega evolutions were the best battle gimmicks
    regional variants are the best thing to be added
    DPP were really not that great overall as game(tho i acknowledge all the good things that were added)
    X and Y are the worst mainline games
    You will never get me to like charizard, even if it isnt charizards fault

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    I am not playing the SV epilogue. At all. It already took ages for me to grind everyone for the massive difficulty spike. If the epilogue was only plot and no battles then maybe but if there are battles then no. And even then I felt the original's game's ending sumed it all nicely. I can't imagine how this is going to make things better.

Back