• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your thoughts during the credits?

Years
  • Hi all,

So I have just now defeated the Pokémon League and became the Champion.
    The credits rolled in and I decided to stay and watch them.

During the credits, I was brought back to all the key events during my journey, from the moment I started right on to the end.

The credits showed me how much not just I, but my Pokémon as well had grown. Having played with mainly Mightyena (Akira) during the first 30 hours, it was my Akira that showed up during those key events, which made for an awesome sight. It showed me starting out with Akira, and over the course of our journey Akira and I grew.

While the credits were rolling, all I could think was no more than "Thank you." to both Game Freak for making such an awesome adventure possible, and to Akira who has been with me all the way through. I just got a little emotional remembering the adventure that Akira and I shared, and the credits brought those emotions up perfectly.

How did you experience the credits? Did you feel anything similar to what I felt? Did you actually bond with your Pokémon like I had too? Share your feelings ! :)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • My Poochyena also showed up several times. She and the most of the first six Pokémon I caught really did grow a lot is what I thought. It also made me nostalgic as I recalled my first adventure in Hoenn a decade ago with those key scenes being mostly the same as the originals with minor differences.

Years
  • I haven't played the games yet, but I did see snippets of the credits via pics people posted on Tumblr and I have to admit I love the approach they went with this time around, showing all the key moments of your adventure such as the Pokemon you used against the important battles of the game, making each individual player's view of the credits unique.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    This was a really awesome end credits. Loved the idea and I hope we see more of this type of thing next time.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    My first thought when I noticed the theme gone for was how awkward it might look for one to see abandoned team members, but I didn't really have any, so I thought it was really... nice. Just made me smile and feel warm. I'd clocked about 60 hours by the E4 clear, and it almost seemed a little short an ending for what ended up being a long game for me. The final rival battle was a pleasant addition; even though they're weaker than any of the E4, let alone the champion, with my rather weak team it ended up being reasonably close, and flowed like a cutscene that formed part of the credits.

Last edited:

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • I liked how they showed May and Brendan being together. It was very cute. It was also nice how the key moments of your journey was showed. I enjoyed it c:

Lycanroc

under the sun
    Years
  • I loved the credits, it brought back all the beautiful memories of my journey. The memories of my Mudkip in his first battle, and him growing up, and my first Gym Badge, and Latios... all the way up to Team Magma, Primal Groudon, and the epic Mega Metagross vs. Mega Metagross showdown with Steven. The part with Brendan and May together was sweet, and her battle was pretty easy and just flowed in somewhat better than AZ's did in X/Y. Overall, it was nice, bring back so many great memories.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • It made me wish that I had used my Noko (Shiny Dunsparce) during my play-through.

Sceptile's cool and all, but seeing my little Noko beside me in the credits would've been precious.

WishCookie

ヽ(*・ω・)ノNo berries for you!
    Years
  • I was just thinking ''holy...'' that was a journey! Oh god I won't ever forget this. ORAS was so freaking good! I am really happy with GF's work.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Loved the credits it was a nice way to view your journey!

Years
  • This was very sweet, and I like that they decided to give the credits a new approach as opposed to the previous games. While RSE did highlight the Pokémon you obtained, this goes even farther than that and makes for a nice way to fold up your adventure.

Nakala Pri

Freakin' awesome! I was expecting a slightly boring slideshow, with nothing to do with your adventure. Just a few hand-drawn pictures and stuff.

BUT HOLY SCHMOW IT WAS SO MUCH MORE

It made me remember the utter awesomeness that I experienced with my dropped team. :D It was really nostalgic and well done. Even though the game was made pretty darned quickly, it was really amazing.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I thought it was a pretty fun way to end our journey! Also, the Brenden and May part at the end was pretty cute, I LOVED that addition at the end! It was fun to see Brenden's fully formed team, though I wish he had 6 Pokemon instead of five. I liked the Mega Evolution, as well!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I liked it! Although I spoiled it for myself by watching a livestream of someone playing the games like a day before the street date, so... that kinda sucked to have the surprise ruined for me lol.

Going through the journey made me realize that my Beautifly kicked a lot of ass. She did OHKO Steven's Mega-Metagross with her Bug Buzz though, so...

Lunarose

replaced by lies
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2020
    It felt so nostalgic..
    Seeing the flashbacks of my Pokemon just made me happy..like I actually took a long time to beat the game compared to others so I really got to enjoy the whole story and it was a nice way to end it.

Years
  • My mind was thrown back to 2003 and I felt like I should be in that year finishing the game that I waited and dreamed and made plans for almost 2 years and... Never played. Because of money (a new console was expensive those days) it became a dream further and further away until I realized I didn't care anymore. It took three weeks since the worldwide release to get myself a copy (every game had delivery problems this year in my country) that felt just like that time I wished so much to have one: I counted every day. And when I tracked the last time the mailman was coming, I couldn't stay quiet, went to the street each 10 minutes. He came at the end of the day and I was so relieved when I held it (they rob the mailman more frequently this time around and it would be a mess to get another copy). I asked myself what I had been doing these years away from Pokémon and realized how lucky I am for having this opportunity again. The gameplay was very intense, I needed to have the experience and enjoy everything, it's very different from 6th gen and I didn't want to miss a thing ~Aerosmith~, lost too much already. Even though I finished the game within a week, it was so good to remember the ones I had used in important battles til the end cause I forgot some special moments, like when and why I named some Pokémon, for example, small things that make your gameplay closer to you. I was very pleased to see theses moments and at the same time wanted to cry, my journey took not a week but 10 years to reach this end point.

Back