• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your thoughts on homework

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    (Hopefully no one's made a thread for this already)

What do you think about homework? Do you hate it? Do you like it? Do you wish it wouldn't exist?

I both like homework and hate it. If I'm writing a story with some freedom or I'm doing something on the laptop then it's pretty fun to do. I hate it when it is Maths or Art homework. :disappoin

Captain Hobo.

Posting King
    Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2011
    I hate it I go to school 7 and a half hours a day and then when you go home they give you more work. It is stupied they give us enough work at school. When, we get home we should have no work to do. So, I think they shouldn't give homework.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I don't mind homework if it is not excessive and/or repetitive. I feel that it helps the learning process as well as cultivating time management skills and work ethic.

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
    I deal with homework well enough, The key to it is having a room with a desk and no distractions :) I like it because it reinforces what you've learned that day :)

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    Well, for me, if I listen to the teacher in class, and do one or two homework assignment on a topic, I will never need to study. It's basically a more efficient replacement for studying for me.

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    Even though the teachers always say this, and I also thought it was bull, it is true that you end up using most if not all of the things you learn in school, even if it's in not so obvious ways.

ScentedLove

Hopeless Romantic
    Years
    I agree homework helps me study because I understand the topic more and I don't have to study when it comes to tests just review my homeworks and see what I understand and dont understand. Homework can be a drag but I deal with it :K

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Homework is beneficial in that it helps continue practice what you learned that day in class. It's definitely helped me anyway. Except, I'm not afraid to admit that I completely despise having coursework to do when I get home - especially when I really rather do something else. With college only comes more, so that's something fun to look forward to when I start next year. >_>;

More importantly, this thread's topic fits perfectly well in OVP... Zoom zoom

Rinna

Uhm..woof?
    Years
    I go to a school where if you complete the work you're assigned, you have no homework. But if you don't complete it, the homework is finishing it.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
    Hate it like the next person, but what has to be done...
    But I gotta admit I don't get that much homework in my school! Too bad I can't say the same for studying! :(

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
    Years
    I will always hate homework because I am incredibly lazy. The only thing that makes it better is when atleast it's something you understand or like.

Right now I have to write a sociology essay on male and female bodies. I love gender-themed courses so to me...this isn't so bad.

But would I rather be watching Pokémon? Hell yeah!^^

KanadeTenshi

Banned
    Years
    Homework is okay when it's not too much and it isn't too tedious. Sure we need to study at home too, but I finish school at 2:30 PM, it's like half of my day is already over.. and I have lots of problems with homework, too. And subjects are really boring and doesn't seem too useful in life. (I wanna be something with computers)

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    Since homework helps me revise over what I have done on the same day it was set, I can't say I hate it. However, I don't exactly like it either. After doing 6 hours a day in school, I think we need a break, aye? If it's an art homework, I'm perfectly fine though since art is enjoyable. To me anyway. :D

butterbiscuit

Potential!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2013
    Homework is a good thing, but most people just don't perceive it as that.
    Overall, it does make you think on it more and not just forget it. But I can't say that I like it.. I'd prefer just to just mess around all day. :b

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I understand people's views on how it is a good thing. But I do not see it that way. It is pointless giving us work to be completed at home that they know we dont like, when they know we have done more than enough work at school, when they know that we have assessments to be completed already. As a Straight A student I can say that homework teaches me nothing. All it is is the work hat most of the teachers cant be bothered teaching us in class. If we dont like the work, dont enjoy the work or have too much work to do then we wont learn a thing. I get 14 assessments a term, they are necessary to do, but I think that when we get home we should be able to just rest, or do assessments at the times we are given them.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I really hate homework. Sure, I don't mind if it's a little task, like doing problems out of a textbook, but if it's a project, that's when I'm annoyed. I also really hate it when it's given out on a weekend.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I go to a school where if you complete the work you're assigned, you have no homework. But if you don't complete it, the homework is finishing it.

I wish my school was like that. I always tend to finish my classwork in class so this would be marvel. I should transfer over there. XD;

Homework is of assistance when it comes to learning and it's to test how much you know and to help you get better, but I am the type of person to finish it in school so I get more spare time at home. Plus, I think it's better to have time to complete it in school since we'll still have more facts about the assignment in our brain. Out of all the classes, say it was an assignment in 1st Period, I don't think everyone will remember exactly what to do and when they reach home they'll be like "Uh...how do you do this again?". This is why when I finish my classwork and the teacher asks you to read or do something quietly, I usually do my homework in class. Studying is a different story, something that should also be done at home but homework, I find it more ideal to work on it in spare time during a class period. To sum this up doing it this way, not only will you have more spare time at home, but you also have more information and resources at school. However if it was a project for a class, it would be different.

Either way, I don't really like doing homework and I can get a bit lazy on it. I have to admit so far my homework hasn't been too difficult so I'm pleased. Later on in the year it will become more heavy, but I have to do what I have to do. :(

Stellar

Minior used Cosmic Power!
    Years
    Logically speaking, homework, when assigned in moderation, is a very effective way of making sure the day's lessons stick with you.
    But do I like it? Hell no.

Sho7gun

IV Inquisitor
    Years
    Homework is good because it helps you learn the stuff you've been taught, but its bad because its not as entertaining as the other things I'd rather be doing XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back