• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your thoughts on the 7th Gen shinies

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
    There are many shinies that I liked (I tried to ignore the Ultra Beasts at all cost, so I'm not going to refer them):

-The Rowlet Line (Damn, those colors! Such a cool combination!)
    -Vikavolt (I like it's white look ^^ I hope I doesn't become annoying though)
    - Cutiefly and Ribombee (I wanted Cutiefly's line to be pink since the thing got announced, so I'm pretty happy ^^ I love Ribombee's red scarf too!)
    - Lycanroc's Midnight Form (I love its bluish color change ^^ Idk, I find it cool!)
    - The Salandit Line (MAAAAAAAN, those things look amazing with their white color! Super badass!)
    - Bewear and its pre-evo ( That yellow color matches them SO WELL. I prefer their shiny forms rather than its normal forms just because of that 0.0 [Don't get me wrong, I like pink Pokémon xD])
    - Passimian
    - Sandygast line (It's literally black sand! How cool is that???? Loved them!)
    - Minior's core ( I love its black color with those colorful little triangles.)
    - Bruxish (As someone said, it's ready for Christmas XD But seriously I love those color combinations)
    - Alola Raichu ( It looks like chocolate :3)
    - Alola Vulpix and Ninetales (YEEEEEEEEEEES I WANTED THEM TO BE PURPLE >.< I'm so happy!)
    - Alola Meowth (I love it's bluish-purple color theme. It looks cool)

Years
    Aren't too many ugly ones out there! I wish Lurantis was a different color, however... I vastly prefer the pink to the green.

I don't mind the yellow/green on Fomantis and Lurantis, but like you said I felt blue would have been a better colour for shiny Lurantis. Blame me knowing so many older gen pink Pokemon turn blue when shiny and vice versa.

Ewery1

Local Red Panda
    Years
    All of the gen 7 shinies I especially like/want are:

Dartrix/Decidueye- Love the scheme, especially on Dartrix.
    Torracat- Not a huge fan of the colors of the other two evolutions in the line.
    Brionne- Something about that purple is so adorable. The color on Popplio is too minor and I don't like Primarina.
    Toucanmon- FRUIT LOOPS!! I want this shiny just to name it that.
    Oricorio (Baile and Sensu)- Just beautiful. I need these in my life (especially Baile omg).
    Cutiefly/Ribombee- Adorable!!
    Lugarugan- Both forms are sick, I prefer midday in general but I certainly wouldn't mind midnight.
    Spider thingy first evo- Woah it looks so alien I love it.
    Sandalit Evo- So cool.
    Stufful/Bewear- Golden red pandas??? Count me in!
    Tsareena- SLAY!!
    Oranguru- For some reason I just really like the pink.
    Wimpod Evo- O: EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS DESIGN IS BEASTLY I NEED ONE NOW
    Minior- Love the black color scheme, makes it super unique.
    Anchor thingy- The red is just awesome.
    Tapu Fini- My favorite Tapu and my favorite shiny of a Tapu, looks so menacing I love it.
    Pokeball Margearna- The black is just amazing looking.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    the only one I'm probably going to go out of my way to get is Bruxish. Reminds me if the Piranha Plant.

Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2016
    There are some nice colour changes, but there are four that really stand out to me:). Here's my Top3:

1. Alola-Raichu looks like it's made out of chocolate and caramel, my favourite by far and I'll definetly hunt for one and maybe even add it to my allstars-team
    2. Mimikyu is just perfect in greyscale. Not only does it amplify the sad-theme, it is also pretty unique. I can't think of another shiny that went from colour to black/white.
    3. The sandcastle-ghosts share this spot. I have some fond childhood memories about building sandcastles on the beaches of the Canary Islands and the sand there is sometimes volcanic black.

Stufful gets a consolation price, because it looks a lot mor like a red panda. If the evolution would look different I might even hunt one...or I'll do that anyway and simply never evolve it.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    Rowlet and its evolutions look great in their shiny colours. I've never tried to get a shiny starter but I may do so just this once. I also really like Alolan Exeggutor's shiny colours. Besides that, there really aren't that many I'm into.

Zlexar

Steel on the outside, Fairy on the inside
    Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2019
    Cutiefly line has an adorable shiny design! I'll probably shiny hunt for that one and Bounsweet's as well, even though Bounsweet's line is a bit less fancy - still adorable though.

Back