• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your thoughts on the End?

Koriaku

...Like a Circus?
    Years
    We all know that Pokémon is gonna end oneday, and I'm personally hoping for another 20 years, which is not really possible. Anyway, how do you think Pokemon is gonna end? Also, how does this make u feel?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2009
    We could talk about both. The show...well, eventually Ash becomes champion, but then he goes off for new adventure and it ends, or it may have one of those 'in a few years time' scenario, where you see Ash as a Pokemon master, and his son/daughter trying to achieve the same thing, then have the final few episodes dedicated to that. :\ And about the rest of the Pokemon franchise, it'll just die out slowly, like Digimon. I presume Pokemon will still last up to a decade, but we'll see... :)

Years
    I know there is a thread on that here. But it got cut off, so I'm tempted to close it, especially since you're being generic here. So, if you want to clarify things, you best do it soon.

So, if people want to speculate anime endings, I'll let it go for now, anyway.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    The games will probably be popular for a looong time to come...
    The anime will probably end by 2010, unless they decide to keep going.

Diamond and Pearl doesnt seem like it'll the last series to release for some reason...

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    yeah, the series just seems like it will never end, maybe it will end with some kind of great elite pokemon tournament that Ash will win, but as long as the games keep going so will the TV show ;)

Ichigo Flash

Box-kun
    Years
    yeah, the series just seems like it will never end, maybe it will end with some kind of great elite pokemon tournament that Ash will win, but as long as the games keep going so will the TV show ;)

Thats what I think, they both sorta advertise each other making more income for Pokemon.

bmah

B.A.M.
    Years
    The end? Probably only when Pokemon's popularity drops to a point where the franchise is fruitless and unprofitable. Then the TV show would have to make something up to quickly end the series. I hope it won't end for a while.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2021
    The end in anime will probably involve all of the people Ash's traveled with, all the people he's promised remaches with, and all his Pokemon united for some sappy ending.

Years
    I could almost see an abrupt ending. One day, Pokémon will die down. Most likely, the ratings will go down and they will never bother to conclude anything.

...maybe it will end with some kind of great elite pokemon tournament that Ash will win...

I would kill to have that. XD I kind of wrote something like that, kind of; I never wrote about a tournament, but it was mentioned and explained, if I remember correctly.
    It would be where the best of all the regions (how many there might be by then) come together to see who's really the best. The person who won would be considered the best... and then Ash would win, everyone would be happy, and the series is over.

Of course, that really doesn't conclude the other characters... but I have no ideas for them right now. :/ *shot*

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2007
    its probaly gonna end in 2010 or something with a big tournament,
    I hate the new voice actors so ill only watch old episodes :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    I could almost see an abrupt ending. One day, Pokémon will die down. Most likely, the ratings will go down and they will never bother to conclude anything.

I would kill to have that. XD I kind of wrote something like that, kind of; I never wrote about a tournament, but it was mentioned and explained, if I remember correctly.
    It would be where the best of all the regions (how many there might be by then) come together to see who's really the best. The person who won would be considered the best... and then Ash would win, everyone would be happy, and the series is over.

Of course, that really doesn't conclude the other characters... but I have no ideas for them right now. :/ *shot*

*shoots shooter*

I don't think the end of the anime would deal with anyone else in depth. If they were to end the series, they would probably have everyone in Ash's group go off on their own one-by-one (with a long series of episodes for it--one episode a character), then have a few final episodes to wrap up Ash's story...or just have a "the journey continues" ending. The final tournament would come before that.

Years
    And maybe our trio of J/J/M will actually win for once. Or at least get an happy ending considering all the physical anguish the writers have dumped upon them.

(Thinks for a moment)

Naaaaahhhhhhhhhh.

Years
    I'm thinking it'll end in a movie about Ho-oh. It seems to be the most likely ending. It would also explain why there wasn't a movie with Ho-oh, they're saving it for the end.

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    And maybe our trio of J/J/M will actually win for once. Or at least get an happy ending considering all the physical anguish the writers have dumped upon them.

*Pulls out gun*

Dark Charaxes said:
    (Thinks for a moment)

Naaaaahhhhhhhhhh.

*Puts gun away*

Honestly, you think the writers would EVER go easy on them? No way.

...Unless, maybe...they were kicked out of Team Rocket once and for all, left to get real jobs in a concession stand.

Aether

Preparing Emergency Food
    Years
    At the rate of popularity that Pokémon is currently at, the Pokémon anime would probably end on an unexpected cancellation; the series finale would therefore be just an average episode.

The way the series is going right now that is actually a probable conclusion =/
    But PUSA isn't that stupid, i would also guess that the ending would be extremely sappy XD

Years
    *Puts gun away*

Honestly, you think the writers would EVER go easy on them? No way.

...Unless, maybe...they were kicked out of Team Rocket once and for all, left to get real jobs in a concession stand.

Hey! How did you get into my secret stash, em, I mean...shifty eyes.

Anyway, I dunno, with some of the Battle Frontier episodes, the writers have been leaving the Rockets alone, so it wouldn't be as farfetched as it normally is.

Well, at the end of Johto, they had a real successful concession stand, so that would be the most feasible ending for our trio. Although, I wouldn't mind if the writers would finally resolve Team Rocket the org, as the overall "villain" in the series, but I also know better than that. Heh.

Back