• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your thoughts on using Rare Candies.

Years
  • I use them at later levels to power my Pokes up to level 100 easily.
    I don't know what everyone means by weirding up the stats or whatever, all they are programmed to do is give your Pokemon experience until it reaches he next level. They don't influence stats at all.
    Maybe some are confused but in-game you can use rare candies to get to level 100 after level 30 or so because chances are (if you've had them since less than level 10) you've maxed your EVs.
    The only way it stuff up your stats (Pre Gen V) is if you haven't maxed your EVs.

Blues-Music

Pokemon researcher
    Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2012
    Well using rare candies isn't that bad.
    They are a little rare , and using them is actually a reward for finding them.
    People that use the missingno. hack however I find completely wrong.

TeeheeLP

Programmer
    Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2013
    I don't really like using rare candies because I prefer to train my Pokémon myself while it's easy to do, and I consider pretty much any effort easy. ^^

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I use them most when IV testing newly bred Pokemon (then I soft-reset). I don't typically use them to level up unless I'm in the final stretch (level 80+) and I want to quickly gain levels, and I don't use them at all during the main game.

I tend to hoard them more than use them.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I save Rare Candy to use right before the Pokemon League. Because by that time, I don't feel like grinding plus I'm ready to beat the game, lol. I don't see a problem in using them as long as you're not just using ONLY them to raise your Pokemon.

Back