• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Three Favorite Legendaries?

Frozen Lotus

Shay's Ice Prince
    Years

XERNEAS
    I loved Xerneas to an indescribable degree the instant I saw it, and I knew I'd choose X. It's strange, because I loved Yveltal's design immensely, but Xerneas... it was just SO... me. At the time I wasn't really sure what type Xerneas was, but I was assuming Steel or Grass in part... whereas I had Yveltal's typing called instantly and was right. But I had always wanted a forest guardian deer legendary, and there they went and gave us one, made it a gorgeous shade of blue, gave it Christmas light antlers, and made its legs swords... then ended up making it one of my favorite types. Sadly, it's so powerful I can't really use it in any fun capacity... it's just too overpowered to be fair. But I'll always love Xerneas, so much so that it almost ties for my all-time favorite... Ninetales just barely wins, though.

KYUREM
    ICE! DRAGON! I wanted this typing for such a long time, and we FINALLY got it. What baffles me is how staggeringly unpopular it is. What I see is an ancient, wise, yet completely terrifying T-Rex dragon that's severely weakened, battered and broken, but can still kick ass. When they combined it with Reshiram, though? I... I can't even describe my love for that design. White Kyurem is a design I honestly love even more than the ordinary version. They just took Kyurem, kept all its best qualities, smacked the few qualities of Reshiram I like onto it, and made it go from a feeble, obviously weakened dragon to a majestic, imposing angelic godly ice dragon that can also breath fire. And I just have to mention it... KYUREM HAS ONE OF THE BEST LOOKING SHINIES THERE HAS EVER BEEN OR EVER WILL BE! O_O ...I feel like I'm obnoxious... >>;

MEGA DIANCIE
    This one feels like cheating, because while I liked the idea of Diancie I really... REALLY don't care for the normal version. But Mega Diancie? It kept everything I liked about the original and replaced all the parts I didn't like with elegant, admittedly frilly ribbons, crystals, and absolute beauty. They took what I wanted to like so much, Diancie, and what I loved but had so little use for, Carbink, and FINALLY made it something I could both absolutely gush over AND extremely useful. Its shiny version is even better somehow, which baffles me because the normal color scheme is already spectacular.

Honorable Mention: Deoxys
    The weirdest part about Deoxys is that I actually hated it originally. Like... really, really hated. I just thought it looked ridiculous and its concept was stupid. I... have no idea why I felt ANY of that, because those are all things I absolutely love about it now. Deoxys is just one of those things I can't get over how much I like it, especially its Default and Attack Formes. I like the Defense Forme a lot, as well, but admittedly don't care much for the Speed Forme. It just looks... incomplete.

Honorable Mention: Dialga
    Another one I hated originally, and grew to love it. Maybe me disliking these initially make me like them more in the long run? Dialga is just a fantastic design to me. I adore its typing, I love the God of Time theme, and the more I look at it the more strongly I feel about it. I think what originally made me dislike it was when I saw it next to Palkia... who I admittedly do NOT care for. The similarities dragged Dialga down a bit, but as time went on I realized how wrong I'd been. It also has one of my favorite cries in the games.

Honorable Mention: Jirachi
    Didn't think too much of it originally. It was cute, but it just didn't really stand out and I thought it looked a LITTLE too kiddie. What made me love it was the movie. It's so absolutely precious in that and shows all of its best qualities so well that I couldn't help but change my mind. Its typing helps a lot, and the fact it can learn Draco Meteor through an event was just awesome. It has dropped a LITTLE in my favorites ranks over time once the initial "Oh my gosh, it's so adorable!" phase passed, but I still love it.

Honorable Mention: Zygarde
    Feels weird that this is the only one with a 3D model, but I couldn't find a moving sprite. I had to mention Zygarde, though. Nobody seems to give it the love I feel it deserves. It's both awesome and adorable at the same time. It got a really cool origin that it's based on, I love its typing, and it's the best Pokemon in the game that can learn "Glare"... which makes it so much fun in battle. I also kind of like that it's not particularly amazing competitively; it gives me the ability to use it alongside a normal team and not feel overpowered. I kind of hate loving a legendary then finding out it's completely OP.

Back