• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your top 10 favorite Animes of all time

RuRuBell

Beeef
Years
  • 1. Haibane Renmei-More people need to watch this! It's beautiful.
    2. Angel's Egg-It's a movie, but I'm assuming it counts. This is another amazing piece.
    3. Michiko to Hatchin
    4. Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei
    5. Nekojiru-Both the anime, Nekojiru Gekijo, and the movie, Nekojiru So, are must-sees. Combines surrealism and dark humour to comment to today's problems, and it's sort of cute, in a twisted way.
    6. Kuuchuu Buranko
    7. Spirited Away-Again, a movie, but I'm thinking it counts.
    8. Shin-chan
    9. Di Gi Charat-'Cause it was one of my firsts, and it's adorable. ♥
    10. Paprika- I actually haven't finished this movie yet, but it's amazing from what I've seen.

T3h Kaiser

Jovial Fool
    Years
  • Not counting films...

1. FLCL
    2. Cowboy Bebop
    3. ToraDora!
    4. Spice and Wolf

And that's all.

By and large, anime is a flawed industry that really needs to slow down and rethink it's priorities. I've come to realize how much anime focuses simply on pandering it's fanbase, and I don't even mean just with fanservice; archtypes and cliches rule the day, no matter how artfully done they are. The medium is driven by emotion and familiarity; they give the fans what they want, which is not always a good thing. There can be no meaning in art if it only exists to provide familiarity to people.

That's not to say I don't enjoy anime; I think the art form has alot of potential, and I enjoy a great number of them. In fact, I would go so far as to say I'm an "anime guy" just because when they get it right I tend to prefer Eastern storytelling methods... and I'm sucker for anime art styles. But even though I love Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team... they all fall short of great storytelling for one reason or another. They aren't "classics". They're misguided.

Movies, however, are a different story.

1. Metropolis
    2. End of Evangelion
    3. Ponyo
    4. Howl's Moving Castle
    5. The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
    6. La Maison en Petits Cubes
    7. Kiki's Delivery Service
    8. The Digimon Movie (hell yeah)
    9. Cowboy Bebop: Knockin' on Heaven's Door
    10. Akira (by default, because I can't think of a tenth anime movie I've seen worth a damn. Didn't actually care for Akira that much, but it's better than the Pokemon movies...)

I think the anime industry is able to pace itself a bit easier in film. There's no time for them to lose focus or fall off track. No time to waste with recycled subplots involving tsundere and yandere.

I really want to see Summer Wars, but I've given up torrenting; I eagerly await the US release. :)

Last edited:

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
    Years
  • 1) Kimi ni Todoke ; Loved The Manga, Great To See The Anime (Subbed) And Awesome Voice Actors!!!!!! <- Great Story Too
    2) The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya ; .....I Fallen In Love With it Too Much!!!
    3) Sailor Moon ; I Grew Up On this and can't let it go! <3 Usagi's Comedy
    4) Pokemon ; Ash, Misty, Brock, Pikachu - And Squabbles Between Ash & Misty ^.^ - I Loved When misty Was Here....
    5) My Neighbour Totoro ; Nice Family Anime Film - Too Kawaii!
    6) Digimon ; Still Watching The 1st Series D':

I've Only Seen These....

Last edited:

B3i

B3i Lead Developer
    Years
    • Seen May 29, 2010
    Not in any order:

1. Love Hina
    2. Black Cat (But the series was WAY to short)
    3. Bleach
    4. Full Metal Alchemist
    5. Naruto
    6. One Piece
    7. Death Note
    8. Rosario + Vampire
    9 Yu-Gi-Oh (The classic YGO, not the new ones)
    10. Pokemon. Duh

Nagisa

✰だんご 大家族 ✰
    Years
  • 1] Detective Conan
    2] Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
    3] Clannad
    4] Fairy Tail
    5] Dragon Ball Series
    6] Rurouni Kenshin
    7] Death Note
    8] Fullmetal Alchemist
    9] Tengen Lagann Gurren
    10] Naruto

Years
  • In no particular order. Not counting movies or else it would be mostly Ghibli, Kon Satoshi and Oshii Mamoru. Actually, I should do movies separately. Anyways.

1. Cardcaptor Sakura
    2. Macross Frontier
    3. Dennou Coil
    4. Cowboy Bebop
    5. Utena
    6. Haibane Renmei
    7. Escaflowne
    8. Paranoia Agent
    9. Macross (the original one)
    10. Urusei Yatsura

And the movies:

1. Millennium Actress
    2. Jin-Roh
    3. Whispers of the Heart
    4. Perfect Blue
    5. Metropolis
    6. Porco Rosso
    7. Ghost in the Shell
    8. Paprika
    9. Tekkon Kinkreet
    10. Howl's Moving Castle

Sosuke Aizen

Aizen
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Sep 30, 2010
    1. Bleach
    2. Dragonball
    3. Death Note
    4. Kuroshitsuji
    5. Fullmetal Alchemist
    6. Naruto/Naruto Shippuden
    7. Katekyo Hitman Reborn
    8. Cowboy Bebop
    9. Loveless
    10. Pokemon

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • New anime + old anime =

1) Fullmetal Alchemist - The characters feel real. The author actually KILLS people. The plot is consistent. The characters aren't actually going to Xing like my dad says. (Like Scar/Mei/Lan Fan says: "Don't interfere into our country's business!" so no, they're not going. :D)
    2) Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya (season 1 and movie) - Er... Do I need to explain?
    3) Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - Entertaining. I especially love Kamina. /weeps
    4) Pokemon
    5) Hetalia: Axis Powers/World Series
    6) -GAMES- Ace Attorney series
    7) Kaichou wa Maid-Sama!
    8) K-ON! and K-ON!!
    9) Durarara!
    10) -insert switcheroo anime-

Phantom Kat

A Daydreamer Longing To Write
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen May 12, 2010
    In no particular order:

1. Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood = I LOVE the manga plotline, and I can't believe everything I was missing until I began to read the manga last year. This plot is so much more complex and intricate, and I love the fact that they expanded on so many characters, Riza being a notable example. And then of course you have the manga-only characters from Xing and the changes in Homunculi. Despite the fact that it's ending, Brotherhood has done what very little animes have done for me: make me wish for the next episode and make me love so many characters at the same time.

2. Yu-Yu-Hakusho: What can I say? There are so many awesome characters in this anime. Plus, even the fighting scenes engross me. Heck, the Dark Tournament Arc is my favorite arc, and it's just one battle after another.

3. Dectective Conan: Oh God, it's like CSI in anime form. I love dectective works, and there hasn't been one episode where I haven't sat there and be totally dumbfounded. Shinichi/Conan is just so cute. <3 I stopped watching around episode 100-something, and I've been itching to pick it up again (will start on episode 100 just to make sure I don't miss an episode).

4. Pokémon: The Kanto, Orange Islands, and Johto arcs made my childhood.

5. Digimon: First season was the best thing I had watched in such a long time. Every single characater, Digimon, was the best thing since sliced bread.

6. Hetalia: Axis Powers: History in anime form! What else do you want?

7. Dragonball and Dragonball Z: Despite the fact that I don't remember much, I loved Dragonball and Dragonball Z. I want to rewatch these two again so badly. x3

8. Yu-Gi-Oh!: Once again, first season. At least, I think it was just the first season.

That's all I have. xD I need to watch more anime. :P If you want movies:

- Kiki's Delivery Service
    - Spirited Away

- Kat

Back