• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Top 10 Pokémon?

Years
    Liking this counting down trend

10. Smeargle - This thing is such a wacky and wonderful pokemon I never would have guessed it would be so useful competitively. Smeargle is not only an excellent and interesting concept and design, but the single best competitive opener in the game if you ask me.

9. Infernape - Infernape is like a weird mix between Charizard and Lucario, except it's an ape. It has a really good design that suits its typing and competitive uses and is by far my favourite of the Sinnoh starter pokemon. It might not be as destructive as Blaziken or Charizard, but it has a decent movepool and good potential as a sweeper. Also Nasty Plot.

8. Whimsicott - I'm not even totally sure why, but there's something about this pokemon that has appealed to me ever since I first saw it and my affection for it has only grown. I think it's just another one with a really amazing design.

7. Feraligatr - Feraligatr is another pokemon with a really well executed design. On top of that, it is an extremely underrated pokemon. Whilst it may not be the best water-type option it is more than capable of destroying enemies in game and even has some degree of competitive potential if used well I believe.

6. Kangaskhan - I've loved Kangaskhan ever since I first used one on Stadium. It's an interesting take on an animal native to my country, with a good movepool and a design I love. Then it got given one of the most destructive mega-evolutions created to top things off.

5. Flygon - Design perfection. Flygon has arguably got the most well-executed design in the entire game and is a really unique and interesting pokemon. It's excellent when used in-game and useful within its own competitive tier even if it is outclassed by the other two dragon/ground lines.

4. Staraptor - The first early bird to actually be useful, Staraptor has rather decent stats, access to some pretty good (and appropriate) abilities and has some seriously destructive options in its movepool. Not to mention it has one of the most badass designs in pokemon.

3. Sceptile - Another amazing design and with a killer moveset Sceptile has never failed me in-game (I've not used it competitively). My very first starter was a Treecko which might have contributed, I don't know. I'm also a fan of its mega although I do wish it had a better ability.

2. Charizard - Charizard has a simplistic, iconic and all around excellent design and it has pretty good mega forms too. It was always my favourite Kanto starter and has been a go-to pokemon for me for a long time. Charizard was also among my first level 100 pokemon.

1. Lucario - Lucario and its mega form are both fantastically crafted design, they really give off a cool, powerful, serious vibe that I like. Not to mention it has the stats to back it up being able to do tonnes of damage as both a special, physical or mixed sweeper. As an added bonus I'm a fan of its characterisations in the anime.

Thinking about it, the usual suspects are all there but also some pokemon I'm surprised to find I like so much.

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
    10: Shaymin is one of the cutest Pokemon ever. I like both land form and sky form, but land form is so much cuter.
    9: Ampharos-I first used Ampharos in Soul Silver, where I fell in love with his design. His mega evo is one of the more awesome ones.
    8: Flareon-Again for a cute design.
    7: Pichu-Adorable design.
    6: Sceptile-My first Pokemon game was Sapphire, where I picked Treecko as my starter. Throughout the journey, Sceptile became one of my favorite Pokemon. His amazing Mega Evo just makes me like him more.
    5: Lugia-Looks incredibly cool.
    4: Hoppip-I love how Hoppip's evolutionary line is like a dandelions'.
    3: Lucario- While playing Super Smash Brothers Brawl I started using Lucario alot.
    2: Leafeon's cute design paired with an overall love of grass makes Leafeon one of my top Pokemon.
    1: Snivy-My favorite animal is a snake, so Snivy's smug personality and delicate appearance steal my heart. I've never played a Gen 5 game, so my love of Snivy has nothing to do with moves or stats.

Last edited:
    Years
    1. Gengar
    2. Haunter
    3. Cofagrigus
    4. Phantump
    5. Deoxys
    6. Rayquaza
    7. Giratina
    8. Duskull
    9. Shuppet
    10. Dialga

Bet y'all can guess why most of these are my favorites

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
    My top 6 favorites where kind of hard to choose their order, since I love them equally, at times I'm considering their order of favorites. My top 10 favorites are either based on meerkats,, weasels, foxes and one is a cat. On to the list:

01 - Watchog
    Your Top 10 Pokémon?

Long time favorite of mine, mixture of meerkat and weasel, two of my favorite animals of all times, it's no surprise it's my most favorite Pokemon too. Being Normal type it can learn a wide variety of attacks of different types, which helps out my teams with a weakness my team will encounter along the way - at least for me, it's the cutest ever, just wish it's shiny coloring looked better though. Many of my teams he is my "Fire-Breathing Meerkat"

02 - Mienshao
    Your Top 10 Pokémon?

My most favorite fighting weasel! First fighting type I used and surprised me how powerful and awesome it is. Mienshao was the first Pokemon I raised to level 100.
    Love it's shiny coloring (#3 favorite shiny). Many times I'm debating whether Mienshao or Watchog is my #1 favorite.

03 - Mienfoo
    Your Top 10 Pokémon?
    & #1
    Your Top 10 Pokémon?

Not sure what could be better and cuter than a fighting weasel! other than Mienshao! First fighting Pokemon I used and has been a regular Pokemon in my teams. It's my #1 favorite in shinies too, and hold a special place in my PokeHeart, as it was the first shiny I ever caught in my years of playing Pokemon. Kind of sad portion in spoiler
    Spoiler:

04 - Zangoose
    Your Top 10 Pokémon?

Just love it's facial expression, always seem angered but when I pet it in Amie it Smiles!! To me looks part Mongoose and Part Cat, some of my favorite animals so high in my favorites. So far it's been surprising me in battles and how well it does, it's my second favorite Pokemon in shinies.

05 - Braixen
    Your Top 10 Pokémon?

I'm very surprised that fire/psychic fox would be my #5 favorite, before 6th gen, I hated Pokemon based on canines, somewhere along the way I really started to love foxes (and after that, the rest of the canines)!! that's when Braixen jumped very high on my favorites, to the point where it overtook Oshy's place for my favorite starter. Really love it's design and voice. Really loved that it didn't became a fire/fighting! Love it's cute design.

06 - Patrat
    Your Top 10 Pokémon?

Watchog's pre-evo! so cute, really love it's animations in Amie (happy, sad, mad - my heart just melts of overcuteness) - it's a regular member of my teams when I'm not playing a challenge. Just wished that it could learn more TM's like Watchog does (especially flamethrower).

07 - Persian
    Your Top 10 Pokémon?

For me Persian remains as the "top cat in the Pokemon World" it was also my #1 favorite Pokemon for the longest time, from gen 1 until 5 (that was until Watchog got introduced). I love petting and playing with my own cats in real life, I could just imagine Persian the same way. So cute design.

08 - Floatzel
    Your Top 10 Pokémon?

Such a cute sea-otter, I remember when I was at Woodland Park Zoo, watching the otters swimming upside down, they where too cute I can just imagine Floatzel doing the same - aside fo being too overcute he is my regular water type Surf-Aqua Tail-Scald-Aqua Jet!

09 - Zorua
    Your Top 10 Pokémon?

Like I mention with Braixen above, I never expected to love foxes as much as I do now, it was thanks to Purrloin (my now 46th favorite) that introduced me to Dark Types and how useful they are in battles.

10 - Ninetales
    Your Top 10 Pokémon?

Such a cute looking FireFox! really love it's design - it's shiny is so beautiful (#4 favorite in shinies). Nevered imagined it would be really high in my favorites. Had not used one in a team before, but now I will in a future Fox team.

the rest of my favorites from #11 to #50
    Spoiler:

Hopefully you enjoyed reading about some of my favorites.
    Can't wait to check out future favorites of others.
    So awesome reading other's favorite Pokemon, really enjoy the ones that give a reason as to why it's their favorites, even if it's just brief.

Last edited:

Lucky#13

Lucky Member
    Years
    In no particular order
    1. Chatot
    2. Gardvoir
    3. Weavile
    4. Ludicolo
    5. Golurk.
    6. Lucario
    7. Chandelure
    8. Metagross
    9.Darkrai
    10. Meloetta

Honorable Mentions
    Togekiss, Arcanine, Luxray, Jynx, Shuckle

Years
    It's kinda hard for me to decide, the first three are the only ones that are in order.

1. Weavile.
    I can't really say why I love this pokèmon, since Ice-types are my least favourite, but this is an exception. Maybe it's because it's part Dark, my favourite type. I love its looks and it's the kind of pokèmon that I love to use: fast and with a high attack. I even have a handmade doll of it, a gift for my birthday last year.

2. Crobat.
    I hate Zubats. It's hilarious, and I had my first Crobat just out of laziness, because I needed a Flying-type in HeartGold and I caught a semi-decent leveled Zubat that I trained. When it evolved, I started loving it. And I absolutely love its expression, since it looks always pissed and that's how I feel most of the time (especially when I "torture" myself with extremely hard hacks or Nuzlockes with absurd rules). I was so happy when I got a shiny Zubat and was able to evolve it in a Crobat, that was probably my best moment while playing pokèmon.

3. Scraggy/Scrafty.

I put them together because I love them equally. Although I'm not very fond of their cries (Scraggy's cry hurts my ears sometimes :/) I love their looks, and their animation with their pants always gave me the impression that they are clumsy. I adore their typing and movesets.

4. Zorua/Zoroark.

Same as above, I love them equally, but for different reasons. Zoroark looks cool, while Zorua is cute. I still think that their ability is very interesting, I still feel like an idiot when I think about the first time I used Zorua and I thought I sent out the wrong pokèmon.

5. Reshiram.

I love Black/White (it's my second favourite game in the franchise), and I still play it and enjoy it like it's the first time. Reshiram conquered me in the cutscene when it comes down to test you before the final battle with N, I especially noticed its eyes. Also, I love the combination of Fire-Dragon type.

6. Eevee.

Yes, a plain Eevee, not one of its evolutions. I liked it since I was little, so there's nothing I can do about it, I can't even explain why.

7.Honchkrow.

A crow with a fedora and a beard. And it's PINK when it's shiny. I don't think there's much to add.
    Oh, yes, there is. Its Dream World ability it's Moxie, one of my favourites.

8. Ludicolo.

The platypus is one of my favourite animals, so Ludicolo had to make it in this list. Also, I sometimes get hypnotized by its dancing when I see or use one in Pokèmon games. I still remember an episode of the anime where there were three Ludicolo, dancing and singing. Their singing remained in my mind for days.

9. Vulpix/Ninetales.

Just as Eevee, I loved these pokèmon since I was little, though for them it's because I love foxes. I loved Vulpix because it looked extremely cute in the anime, and Ninetales just looks beautiful.

10. Krokorok.

This is one of those pokèmon that conquered me at first sight, since I loved its appearance and stance. It looks like he doesn't care of anything and it's extremely sure of itself. Shiny looks even cooler, with the black parts of its body replaced with yellow ones. Really, it's cool.

Honorable mentions: Victini, Archeops, Gliscor, Delphox, Froakie, Kingdra, Dragonite.

I'm sorry if this post was so long, but I never have many chances to talk about these things.

#DickBats

Oliver Queen
    Years
    In no particular order:

1. Greninja
    2. Machamp
    3. Gengar
    4. Pidgeot
    5. Dragonite
    6. Scyther
    7. Manectric
    8. Arcanine
    9. Quilava
    10. Rayquaza

Honorable mentions: Arcanine, Raikou, Infernape, Grovyle...

ChikoritaCheezits

The Green Leaf triumphs over all
    Years
    Well, I have no set list yet, but here it is in no particular order:

Chikorita

Espeon

Dragonite

Scyther

Manetric

Absol

Cofagrigus

Porygon

Magmar

Heracross

Last edited:

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
    10. Diancie

A new addition, but a good one. Diancie is adorable, strong, and has an even more adorable/strong mega evolution. Besides, it kind of reminds me sableye.

9. Dragonite

The quintessential dragon type, dragonite has everything you could ever want from a dragon. Diverse usability, a great design and a jolly look that never gets old. It's like dragon Santa.

8. Heliolisk

Another gen 6 addition, heliolisk is, as its design would imply, a surprisingly unstoppable powerhouse when it gets going. Not only is it based off of one of the coolest pokemon out there, but with charge and parabolic charge it's a monsterously effective special tank capable of sweeping teams without fast ground types.

7. Feraligatr

Not only one of the only starters I'll pick over its fire-type counterpart, but one of the best starters out there. Feraligatr managaes to be badass without looking evil or even significantly less cute than its previous forms.

6. Leavanny

We needed at least one pokemon on this list without scales, so here it is. Leavanny is a cute pokemon with a great movepool. Also, the idea of it making my other pokemon leaf clothes is hilarious and adorable.

5. Flygon

Another dragon type that is near perfect in design. This one's less jolly and happy than dragonite and more mysterious looking. Flygon has always been a favorite of mine, and SERIOUSLY GAMEFREAK JUST GIVE IT A MEGA!

4. Mewtwo

The strongest pokemon alive, mewtwo is one of the most iconic pokemon out there and is near universally recognized. It's definitely a cooler god than a camel wearing a hula hoop.

3. Meloetta

One of the most unique pokemon out there. Meloetta is powerful, unpredictable, and certainly underrated.

2 & 1 Charizard and Noivern

These two are equal in my book, so they both get the #1 spot, and for similar reasons. They're fast, hard-hitting, and above all, both have impeccable designs. Even both of charizard's mega evos look great.

I don't have a bias toward reptiles or anything.

Back