• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Your Top 10 Pokemon of the 4th Generation?

Pkmn-Br33der

Consistent Trader;D
Years
  • Ok, so i wanted to start this thread because i wanted to know what the top 10 pokes are of 4th gen and i couldnt find one so i made one! Basically this thread is to describe the ten pokes that you think count for the best of all time then describe why so lets get started.!

Edit by Erik:
    To clarify, this thread is to list what you think are the most improved upon pokemon in the 4th generation [battle wise, appearance wise, etc] while including new pokemon of this generation.
    Put simply: What pokemon did you find to be the most useful / appealing / etc?

10. Steelix

Steelix is such a badass poke with his high def stat. Even though he has an ok atk stat, this guy is hard to take down, especially with leftovers. This is why i put him as the top ten contenders of this evening.

9. Skarmory

Skarmory has a high natural defence, no physical weaknesses and many physical resistances, lending naturally to it's place as a Physical Wall, literally cutting short the offence of many Pokémon. Added with this is it's potential to have Roar or Whirlwind, both of which have the potential to "shuffle" a Pokémon out of play, meaning Physical sweepers couldn't try to overpower Skarmory's defences through the use of stat boosts. Also it has a high def.

8. Crobat

Crobat is like sonic with a 32psi turbo on its tail, this guy is blazing fast and with its ok atk stat, this guy is a beast, with his only weakness of ice, rock, psychic and electric, this guy can dominate the field, especially if it has the item choice band or choice scarf. This is why i love crobat!

7. Lucario

Lucario, i love this poke so much because of first his ability steadfast and inner focus and 2nd, his moveset, this guy is unstoppable i think because his speed is quite high and so is his atk stat and with sword dance and choice band he is a otk sweeper!

6. Kingdra

Kingdra is so sexy when he says hello ???, meet my friend draco meteor! This poke is a water dragon, with his spd and atk and sp. Atk stat, this guy belongs to the top 10 poke of the 4th generation. Also did you even think about his weaknesses? Its only weakness is dragon lmao, and the only thing that can beat it are dragons and the chances of it going first is quite high xP!

5. Salamence

Salamence another dragon type poke, this guy belongs on top 5 this week because of its atk stat being so high and so is its hp, and ok spd, this guy is (i think, kingdra on steroids) even though he has a couple weaknesses, he can go through them like a bulldozer. But our next contender is his enemy...

4. Dragonite

With his dragon dance is like no other and his outrage, he is a otk sweeper! I love this pokemon so much especially how it is so diverse and his moves are very wide meaning can pick with alot of different kinds. His stats are great as well that it can even compete with top 3!

3. Starmie

Starmie is just a great pokemon with his rapid spin taking out spikes and how it is unaffected by attract and all that lovey dovey stuff is great! He also has great moves too like psychic and ice beam to take out lucario and dragons! Also his spd is so high that there is no way on this green planet that any other poke going first!

2. Tyranitar

This monster is so sexy and strong he is like the hulk! He has high atk stat that he can storm through a whole team and with his move haze he is unstoppable! Especially after he uses dragon dance, he has the power of wearing choice band and scarf and has alot of variety of moves and great overall stats! This guy belongs to every team!

1. Garchomp!

This guy is what we call a uber! He has a reputation of being the best physical sweeper besides tyranitar too and it sure says that when he says arghghhhh! With his outrage and himwearing a choice band! He is unstoppable unless you can paralyze him but no good because he has the ability sand veil! So everyone that is reading this we need a ice beamer! And FAST! Talking about fast, he has very high spd, enoug talking and start hunting!

Any suggestions anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:

Xilfer

Just won't die.
    Years
  • Okay, I'm gonna be rating them off of these three factors:

Appearance, Typing and Stats.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your Top 10 Pokemon of the 4th Generation?

No. 10: Blaziken

Stats: When it comes to stats, Blaziken is a bomb in UU, being arguably the best wallbreaker in the whole thing. His Attack stats sport 120 ATK (10 below the great Scizor) and 110 SP ATK. (Only 10 below attacking stats), this also makes him one of the best Fighting-typed SP. Attackers in the metagame. You wouldn't expect a Fighting-tpe with a SP. ATK set, would you? Well because of his above-good SP Attacking stat, even that is possible.
    Unfortunately for good old Blaziken, his defences are 70/70/80 which is...pretty lame. Not bad, but not good either. Plus his speed not good either. Which means you'll really have to invest in defences if you want to survive and land a hit.

Appearance: In terms of Appearance, Blaziken is an ass-kicker. It may seem a bit weird at first, but when my Combusken evolved, I was like "WTF?! A GIANT FIGHTING CHIKEN!", which could have been expected from Combusken's design, but still. On the other hand, Blaziken was my first starter and I really came to like his design. With the cool three-finer ploy and the awesome mask, coupled with the cool hair-like feathers and sweet colouration, a came to appreciate Blaziken for what he really is: Friggin Awesome!

Typing: Our friend Blaziken sports the Fire/Fighting type. A typing put into every Fire-starter after Gen III. This is the only thing I don't like about our chicken ass-kicker. Although it's hardly his fault, as he was the first Fire/Fighting type. However, too many Fire/Fighting types doesn't mean that the typing's practical use is all that appalling. It gives him a 4x Resistance to Bug, a newly found 2x Weakness to Steel, giving him the chance to resist AND move in on it, and, in total, a beautiful 6 resistances. Coupled with only 4 weaknesses, none of them being 4x.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

No. 9: Infernape

Stats: Infernape is seen as an improved Blaziken in some eyes. But I disagree. He is in fact completely different from Blaziken in my eyes. His attacking stats are 104/104, and coupled with 108 speed gives him the opportunity to go beautifully for both the mixed and sweeper roles. Despite having decreased attacking stats over Blaziken, that is more than made up for in its speed. Allowing it to hit faster than Blaziken, and only slightly less hard. Unfortunately for Infernape, it's defences are 71/71/76, which is even more frail than Blaziken. Giving it lower HP and slightly higher DEF and SP. DEF. However, its frailty is well protected by its speed and power. The only thing it should watch out for in my opinion is priority moves. Which can hit it first despite its awesome speed.

Appearance: When my Monferno evolved to Infernape, I was both stunned and disappointed. I was disappointed because its body shape hadn't changed enough for my liking. And because Monferno's old flame tail had gone. I was stunned because of just about everything else. The flame head looks spectacular coupled with the white fur and various plates everywhere. Although I didn't like the plain-looking tail on the behind. Other than that, nice work Gamefreak!

Typing: On the other hand, Infernape gives us, once again, the Fire/Fighting type. On the practical side, it is awesome! Giving 6 resistances, one of which is 4x, and only four weaknesses, none of hich are 4x. However, on the non-practical side, there are too many Fire/Fighting types. All of which are starters, which is also a let-down. All in all, it's typing is too common already, but is very practically useful.

No. 8: Crobat

Stats: Stat-wise, Crobat is amazing when it comes to speed. It is one of the fastest non-uber Pokemon. Losing only to Ninjask and Electrode. Unlike Ninjask, however, it has average other stats, giving it the opportunity to do some more damage than Ninjask, who can only baton pass. 85/80/80 Defence stat is not so good, but when it comes down to it, his speed can give him the opportunity to set up Nasty Plot and sweep. You just have to make sure to invest lots and lots of EVS into Defences.
    Poisoning the opponent also works well with Crobat. And it's amazingly easy because of blistering speed.

Appearance: When it comes to appearance, I was as relieved as ever when my Golbat evolved. Since then, the only reason I ever get the ugly big-mouth is so I can evolve it into Crobat. Simple and Clean is what I see Crobat as. Replacing those stubby little legs with cool back-wings and replacing that ugly mouth with a nice half-circle mouth. The purple colouration only furthers its beauty. I don't see anything wrong with Crobat Appearance-wise.

Typing: Like its Gen I predecessors, Crobat possesses the still-unique Poison/Flying type combination. Impractically, this typing is still unique despite so many generations passing. And frankly, I like it. It represents the qualities of an airborne virus. Practically, It is also pretty good. Giving it a beautiful 4x resistance to fighting, one of the best offensive-attacking types. Which makes up for its mediocre defence a little. It also grants a 4x weakness to Grass. Repelling the likes of Shaymin and co. Bug is also repelled 4x. Easing the battle against Scizor and co juuuust a little. overall, three 4x resistances and only four 2x weaknesses make this typing very decent.

No. 7: Dusknoir

Stats: With some of the best defences known to Ghost-types, being 45/135/135, Dusknoir is probably one of my favourite Ghost-types. It has gruelling speed and HP, but it has beautiful SP DEF and DEF, both at 135. Plus it has 100 ATK, which is very neat considering it can lay around the field for a bit while wearing your opponent down quickly. I think Dusknoir works best within Trick Room. Turning its speed into, probably one of the highest ever, due to its speed being one of the lowest ever. Nobody really cares about his SP ATK, since it's really low and totally unusable. It has stiff competition from others for other roles, so in my opinion Trick Room suits it just fine. If used right, it can do real damage.

Appearance: Appearance-wise, Dusknoir is also AWESOMEZ! I mean, look at it. It's da reaper! It takes people to the underworld! It's just awesome! As if Dusclops wasn't cool enough, now this awesomeness has to come along.

Typing: Dusknoir sports the mono Ghost Type. I've always liked Ghost types. So I have no complaints about its typing. It also gives it the usual resistances and weaknesses of a Ghost type, my only complaint is that it would be better off with a Ghost/Dark type. With this, it would be phenomenal. No true weaknesses plus awesome defences would make this Pokemon a star! POSSIBLY even banish it to Uber, but I doubt that.
    Impractically, Ghost/Dark is also a good type considering it takes people to the underworld, the deadly underworld? The Dark world?

No. 6: Honchkrow

Stats: Big, mean, bossy and unforgiving is indeed what this Pokemon is. With a demanding attacking stat of 125/105, it can run both Special and Physical sets. And with a movepool giving it things like Brave Bird and the almighty Sucker Punch, it can do some real damage. Unfortunately, it's Flying type and frailty in 100/52/52 defences are really annoying. Plus its speed going down the Mediocre tube, it can take a little help to get him moving. However, if started, he'll just keep on running, ripping through the opposing team with beautiful ATK.

Appearance: I was never really interested in Murkrow until I met Honchkrow. I honestly couldn't have told you that I thought this Pokemon was bossy. I thought it was evil with that grin, and that wing. It looked like it might've been amassing a Murkrow army to take over the world. When looking at it HG SS mini sprite following my character, I often mistake its tail for a Pokeball, when it is in fact a pompom. That's the only thing I don't like. Other than that, this guy as bad-ass.

Typing: Dark/Flying is the type that Honchkrow bears. It is alright. All I can say is there's nothing wrong with it. It doesn't worsen or better things. Leaving Honchkrow with an equal 3 weaknesses and 3 resistances. Non-practically, I think I really like this typing. Dark has always been one of my favourite types, I like it as much as I like the Ghost type. And a Dark/Flying type is pretty decent for me.

No. 5: Toxicroak

Stats: Stat-wise. Toxicroak isn't one of my favourite Pokemon. All of his stats are mediocre, his defenses being frail at 83/65/65. The only thing that I like about Toxicroak here is his ATK stat. Which is clearly his best stat. However, when one considers all the other assets he has, he is a great Pokemon in UU, otherwise, his stats don't amount to that much.

Appearance: Appearance-wise, Croagunk is awesome! He's a Fighting-typed frog, for Christ's sake! I don't know why, but he has always enchanted me, despite soooo many people thinking he's ugly. He has two awesome single-claws on his fists and a very big throat. Very big. No doubt, he's one of my favourite Pokemon appearance-wise.

Typing: Toxicroak's typing is also very unique and awesome. He sports the Poison/Fighting type. This is awesome because it gives him handy resistances in Rock, Bug, Grass and Dark. The only real downside is is 4x weakness to Psychic, making him prey for various Psychic-types like Alakazam. in the UU.

(I will edit this with the last five later)

Pkmn-Br33der

Consistent Trader;D
    Years
  • To tell you truth i think crobat you should be higher ranked and put toxicroak to a lower rank lmao. Just my opinion ;P

Last edited:

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • my ratings for my top 4th generation Pokemon (only)

1.) Spiritomb
    2.) Driflblim
    3.) Giratina
    4.) Dusknoir
    5.) Froslass
    6.) Rotom
    7.) Bastiodon
    8.) Drapion
    9.) ?
    10.) Heatran

idk, thats my top and its my opinion

:t354:TG

-ty-

Don't Ask, Just Tell
    Years
  • Huh, it's weird that some people put 2nd and 3rd generation pokemon on their lists.

Anyway, here is mine.

10. Glaceon
    9. Buizel
    8. leafeon
    7. Froslass
    6. Cherrium
    5. Cresselia
    4. Vespiquen
    3. Lopunny
    2. Luxray
    1. Roserade

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
    Years
  • Right here we go

1. Pachirisu- It's a squirrel
    2. Glaceon
    3. Cherubi
    4. Munchlax
    5. Sheldon
    6. piplup
    7. Shelos
    8. Chalot
    9. Leafeon
    10. Lucario

my fourth gen favorites

Simmy93

Aspiring Emulator
    Years
  • Tough.. But as a co-ordinator I picked my favourites for their potential.

10 - Octillery: I continue to adore the beauty shown by Octillery despite it's rather unappealing look, it's mix of both ice and water moves coupled with it's poison and unique moveset really made me take a liking to it.

9 - Empoleon: This one is based on my opinion Piplup is the best starter pokemon of all time simply because it evolves into a Water/Steel pokémon who has no weaknesses due to fire being canceled by water.

8 - Blissey: Oddly I found Blissey by accident simply by raising Happiny throughout my first game of Pearl. I found it's bulwark like presence in a team and on a contest floor absolutely incredibly. I even lovingly nicknamed by (luckily shiny) blissey, 'Nanna'. As I always view Blissey as the Mother Hen of my pack.

7 - Weavile: When I look at her I just think, 'Empress.' And I do not know why, I think it's the hair-do. I loved Sneasel in Gold and Silver and it was my key-cool champion in Emerald, I was ecstatic to find an evolution and a new champion. Truely a 'beautifully cool' pokemon.

6 - Crobat: I don't know what it is about Crobat, maybe it's the aesthetic change but I found him so much more likeable in the IV Generation and used him in my first ever run-through team catching a Zubat in Orebourgh Cave.

5 - Gallade: Gardevoir is in my opinion the most beautiful pokémon imaginable, so when I heard she had a 'spouse' I had to have him. I love the idea of male only evolution and the two work beautifully in double battles.

4 - Roserade: Roselia was my 'smart' champion in Emerald and just like Weavile when I heard my champion had an evolution I was through the roof. Roserade is the very symbol of smart and dashing. He is my current champion of the contest floors even though I had to send my shiny to Black.

3 - Ariados: Another personal favourite that I found took the stage again in the IV Generation. With HGSS I loved the return of my single most favourite pokemon to the world! It is now a key part of my team.

2 - Leafeon: Even though I dislike Glaceon I enjoyed the addition of another Eevee evolution and one I had always wanted. My favourite type is Grass and I always wanted to be able to add an eevee to my champion grass team. Although I think they should stop with 7 unless they intend to do ghost or steel.

1 - Spiritomb: I honestly can't place why I like Spiritomb; it's a mix of mystery, power and rarity. I treasured my original Spiritomb and find it difficult to imagine not having one on my team.

Sidenote: EVen though I did my top 10 favourite IV Gen pokemon I must say that some pokemon are truly awful in that generation, most of the kanto evolutions added and the array of silly legendaries really cheapened the generation and region for me.

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
  • Idk the difference between 4th gen poke and 3rd gen poke but anyways this is my list

1. Glaceon
    2. Espeon
    3. Milotic <3
    4. Ponyta
    5. Rapidash

... Idk I tried to recall all the pokemon I encountered in Pokémon Platinum before the post game and those are the only ones I remembered + liked. :v

jcsimpson

Sing into my mouth
    Years
  • 1.Staraptor
    2.Empoleon
    3.Luxray
    4.Regigigas
    5.Togekiss
    6.Electvire
    7.Drifblim
    8.Spiritomb
    9.Vespiqueen
    10.Torterra

I'm basing this on how cool I thought they were and how much I used them.

Kroso

Sleeping soundly
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Dec 22, 2016
    10 Glaceon
    9 Tyrantiar
    8 Inferape
    7 Torrtera
    6 Gible
    5 Girtinia
    4 Dialga
    3 Regegias
    2 Crobat
    1 Miletic

Idk,I just those Pokemon were the best,but I really don't know since you can't have ten Pokemon on your team.

Cresselia*

Ace trainer
    Years
  • 1. Gardevoir - she's so sparkling and a beauty, I love her, she got great sp. atk. and I just love the way she looks!
    2. Gallade - as the other version as Gardevoir in my eyes, he's pretty too. <3 Psychic and fighting what more do you want? ^_^
    3. Glaceon - I'm an Eevee fan since the moment I saw it, but I think I love for this generation Glaceon the most!
    4. Milotic - just a beauty.
    5. Cresselia - Pretty, awesome movepool and she has something to do with the moon. How awesome is that xD.
    6. Dusknoir - So dark as dark can be, I love Dusknoir.
    7. Mismagius - Just think its awesome.
    8. Raichu (!!!)
    9. Cherubi - Cute 100%!
    10. Cherrim - I love the sunny forme, with the petals. :'D

~ Raichu HAD TO BE IN IT, because that's my fave all time ~

MikeyOak

Gary Oak wannabe
    Years
  • my 10 fave Gen IV only pokemon, I cant pick only 10 of all up to gen IV too hard:

10. Drapion
    9. Gastrodon
    8. Abomasnow
    7. Porygon-Z
    6. Luxray
    5. Gible
    4. Roserade
    3. Togekiss
    2. Buizel
    1. Froslass

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • 1. Gallade. Even though it's outclassed by Lucario, it hits harder than Lucario does and its low Speed can be fixed with Choice Scarf, though that comes at the cost of a bit of power. It has a very wide offensive movepool. That, and it has a cool design.
    2. Lucario. It's not hard to see why. The design and role in the 7th movie drew me to it. It also has a good movepool on the physical and special ends and a defensive typing that compensates for its low defenses.
    3. Porygon-Z. It hits insanely hard with Adaptability-boosted Tri-Attack and has a wide offensive special movepool and can boost its already high Special Attack with Nasty Plot or fix its average Speed with Agility.
    4. Scizor. Cool design and improvement with Bullet Punch in Platinum. Need I say more?
    5. Empoleon. Defensive typing is great. It can go offensive or defensive
    6. Infernape. Good offenses, high Speed and good movepool make it worth my time to use.
    7. Garchomp. It's a bit predictable, but it hits hard and it hits fast. It's a land shark as well, which is cool in its own way.
    8. Yanmega. Design scared me at first, but I warmed up to it after sweeping the Battle Hall with a Tinted Lens Choice Specs set.
    9. Torterra. I like how it has a landscape on its shell and how it can go offensive or defensive, since it has good offensive and support options.
    10. Rampardos. Sure, the Speed is bad, but it hits insanely hard.

Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2011
    10-8 ???
    Because I have not really had so many pokemon in this generation which I remeber to be appealing and that is still apprealing.

2. The Womadams
    I like them because womadam pre-evolution material around them determined what type they are going to be permanently. Also they learn diffrent moves which I like.

1. Vespoqueen
    Since it could learn destiny bond, and has 3 exclusive moves which I found cool. So that was appealing to me. Also I like the idea of a queen B poke.

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 29, 2019
    10. Electivire
    9. Swampert
    8. Gengar
    7. Empoleon
    6. Gyarados
    5. Tyranitar
    4. Salamence
    3. Infernape
    2. Scizor
    1. Garchomp

Well that's my top 10 anyways

Sayumi

Pokemon Maniac
    Years
  • My top ten list:

Jolteon

Jolteon has always been my number one favorite Pokemon. Aside from it's speed and special attack stat's, it's a really good Pokemon. I will always have a Jolteon on my team (Sparky). Not only that, but in my opinion, it's the coolest looking Electric type Pokemon, and best Eeveelution.

Gyarados

Oh come on, who didn't raise a useless Magikarp to get this awesome sea-beast? Because I sure did, in every game I could. Gyarados is strong, that's a given, and it's defense and speed isn't to shabby either. Also, it looks absolutely awesome.

Ampharos

An electric sheep. ELECTRIC SHEEP. Strong, study, fast. I love Ampharos a lot, and I tend to use it whenever I can. ...And it's cuter than hell.

Steelix

My goal in life is to get a shiny Steelix, because they're gold! Hehe. Strong, dependable, with uber defense? Yes, please. And Steelix just looks so bad ass, who wouldn't want this steel snake in their party? Because I would.

Tyranitar

A well trained Tyranitar is extremely hard to defeat in battle. It hits hard, it can be fast, and it's defense is super. Though, it takes forever to train and raise, it's an excellent addition to any team, and it looks pretty darn menacing.

Gardevoir

An elegant, beautiful psychic Pokemon. I always aim to catch a Ralts, just so I can have this awesome Pokemon. It looks great, hits hard and fast, and can learn electric moves. Bonus!

Rayquaza

Probably the most used member of my team, since I spent days raising it and leveling it up. I love this legendary more than any others. It's EXTREMELY strong, and fast. On top of that, it's pretty difficult to take out. I love Rayquaza.

Mismagius

Love. This. Pokemon.
    It looks amazing, has amazing attacks, is hard to defeat, looks amazing, makes Misdreavus seem a lot more handy to own, and is by far one of the best Pokemon.

Garchomp

Hits hard, strike's fast, instant KO.
    I have a shiny Garchomp. Therefore, it's instantly a favorite of mine, aside from it's move set.

Shaymin

I'll be honest, I only like Shaymin because it's SO DAMN CUTE. That is all.

assassinjay1229

Im baaaack
    Years
  • My top 10 (strictly) gen 4 pokes are
    10. Mamoswine
    9.Gliscor
    8.Drapion
    7.Porygon-Z
    6.Magmortar
    5.Electivire
    4. Lopunny
    3.Luxray
    2.Darkrai
    1. Shaymin
    I don't really have reasons why I like them more than the others just my opinion I guess ^_^

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • These are just my favorites up to gen 4
    #1 - Weavile
    #2 - Infernape
    #3 - Staraptor
    #4 - Heracross
    #5 - Roserade
    #6 - Swampert
    #7 - Feraligatr
    #8 - Ampharos