• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Your Top 5 Types

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
    BURN BURN BUUUUUUUUUUURN! Fire type is no. 1
    SO. BADASS. AND. EPIC. Dragon types is second.
    SO HARD AND AMAZING. Steel Types on third.
    SO long, Boys! *Flies above* Flying Type.
    I'm thirsty. Anybody got a drink? Water types on fifth.

Raizhu

the end
    Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2012
    Grass- GF's really had a hell of a time making this type the worst, but when you win with it, it's really satisfactory.
    Water- A great type defensively and very dependable.
    Electric- Just cuz my favorite Pokemon is an Electric-type. :p
    Flying- After all, if they didn't exist we wouldn't be able to travel from town to town so quickly.
    Normal- They may not have any type advantages, but they usually have wide movepools that make them quite useful.
    I actually like most types, excluding Dark, which I find to be overrated. The hype over most Dark-types kind of turned them off for me. Same goes for Fire-types.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    [SIZE="a"]Poison: I like tactical battles and poison-type pokemon and attacks compliment that style perfectly.

Ghost: Pretty much the same reason as poison, but with the addition of cooler, darker designs and flavor text.

Dark: Cool designs and even cooler flavor text compared to the ghosts, plus their status as psychic-killers.

Bug: Cool and endearing designs and easily the most-improved type in the game from the beginning.

Steel: Very defensive and versatile. Fit my aforementioned tactical battle style quite well also.[/SIZE]

LegendOrton

Fire Expert!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2014
    1. Fire - I pic every time a fire pokemon as a starter i love them:)
    2. Grass
    3. Bug - A Butterfree for example can be werry strong
    4. Water
    5. Flying

Rocket Grunt Cali

Prepare for trouble!
    Years
    1. Fire-- the best defense is a good offense, and despite all their Type disadvantages, Fire types tend to have good offense. Plus, their move animations just look cool.
    2. Poison-- Toxic. Enough said.
    3. Electric-- there's tons of these guys to choose from, and their speed tends to be awesome.
    4. Ghost-- it's always nice a nice little bonus to have your enemies completely unable to touch you
    5. Normal-- OHAI HM SLAVES.

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2017
    Water : For My Signature Pokemon Feraligatr
    Fire : For Typhlosion and Charizard
    Grass
    Dragon
    Ground

Granarchid

Elemental Hero
    Years
    My top 5

1.Fire - The attacks are cool, and they have plenty of dual types.
    2.Fight - Quick physical attacks are very helpful.
    3.Ground - Sturdy and powerful.
    4.Dragon - Few weaknesses, powerful moves.
    5.Ghost - Special attacks and phasing the opponent.

Last edited:

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
    Years
    1. Normal
    2. Psychic
    3. Ghost
    4. Fighting
    5. Electric

I love me those norms

OriginGiratina

Dragon-type Trainer
    Years
    1. Dragon: I like to use dragons in my team, especialy Kingdra
    2. Dark: Umbreon!!
    3. Electric: Thunder Wave+Ampharos
    4. Water: Vaporeon and Azumarill are good in my opinion.
    5. Grass: Serperior and Lilligant are very good for attacking 1st because they have high Speed

Steel? Where is Steel type? Oh yeah 6th!

Charliezard

A wild shroomish appeared!
    Years
    1. Fire
    2. Dark
    3. Dragon
    4. Electric
    5. Ummm... I don't really know, those top 4 pretty much cover my favourites I suppose Ghost and Poison are pretty badass but Psychic can be cool as well.
    Why do I like those types? Clearly because the Pokemon who have them are badass and tend to make up my list of favourites.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2014
    Dark:Cause it is cool and many times really strong
    Steel:Metallic and bulky
    Ice:Cool and hard
    Bug:Some really look nice and are easy to catch
    Ghost:Hypnosis combo only reason

SolWolf

This user is over 9000!
    Years
    1. Psychic - Even with this type no longer being as strong as it used to be, it still has powerful moves, and with a bit of skill and luck you can make this type just as good as when it was used in Gen I. As for me? Well, it's my favorite type, hands down.

2. Dark - The opposite of Psychic, I usually pair a Dark-Type with a Psychic in double battles, that way when someone pops out a fighting-type, I can take it out with the Psychic. Dark also has some good status-effect moves, next to Ghost, which is why it's my number 2.

3. Dragon - We all know why, Dragon-types have some of the most powerful moves in any of the games. A lot of the legendaries are Dragon-type too.

4. Water - An old time favorite, I'd always pick the water-starter in any Pokemon game(aside from Yellow/Gold/HeartGold). It has it's obvious bonuses of Surf, but has the weirdest weakness to Grass... Which I still don't get.

5. Poison - Purely because the Poison status-effect is so damn dangerous at times. That's the only reason I like Poison really, that and Seviper is pretty cool too.

Mister Coffee

Blathering Fool
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2020
    1. Fight: Fight types are just always the best in my eyes. They are the original Beat down type. They can devastate an entire battle with only a few moves and lead to some of the great powerhouses we play today. I've been enamored by Fight types since the early Red and Blue days when the king of my team was Primeape.

2. Normal: Normal types can do just about anything. They can cover weaknesses in your team, they can play out a combo like no other type, and they have some of the most powerful and intriguing move sets out of all types. They can fill out just about any kind of position in your team and do it efficiently.

3. Bug: Bug types are some of my favorite types simply because they have an interesting aspect to them. Whenever I play a bug type, it always seems to be filling in for an extreme aspect or mechanic. I don't know if anybody has ever noticed what I'm talking about but Bugs always take everything to the extreme. for instance Ninjask, It's the fastest pokemon (ignoring S-Deo), or Shedinja for that matter, the only pokemon with one health. There are other examples, but that's why I like bug pokemon, they always seem to be taking things to the absolute extreme.

4. Water: Two words: Rain Dance. If it wasn't for Rain Dance, I don't think Water types would be on my number four spot on the list it would probably have to make way for the Number 5. The synergy with Rain Dance and water pokemon in general is so insane, it builds entire teams for me. Although there are a lot of other factors that Water pokemon can fit into, I always ask myself one question when thinking about water pokemon, "How can I abuse this with Rain Dance?" Plus all of the other great abilities that take advantage of Rain Dance make water pokemon my number 4.

5. Dark: Dark Pokemon come in for me at number 5, not because of it's type, coolness, or the pokemon themselves, I love Dark types because of their move collection. Most of the Dark moves all have the same idea in mind: Sabotage. Most of the best dark moves tend to be based on gaining advantage through punishing your opponent. These moves generally work on sabotaging your opponent such as, Taunt, Torment, Snatch, Sucker Punch, Punishment, and Flatter.

Those are my top favorite types. :D

Back